Sm4shT3x Help?

A Forum Thread for Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo 3DS

Yo, buddy. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending BrutalBub points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Sound fun?

Already a Bananite? Login

Updates

NO HELP NEEDED, I FIXED IT! (solution below)
  • Download and install a program called Jar_runner (don't worry, I scanned it and it's safe)
  • then drag and drop the .jar file you want to use over the executable for jar_runner
  • and it'll automatically find the right Java program to open it and it'll work!
BrutalBub avatar
BrutalBub Offline
Member Joined 1y
BrutalBub
7mo
For some reason, I can't open Sm4shT3X; opening it opens a black cmd window only for it to flash a text for half a second and then close. I've opened the .exe file that comes with it, I've opened the .jar file with Java Runtime, I've even tried to see if there was something I could do with 7Zip, but nothing helped.

• 7mo
    RedPandaTim avatar
    Member Joined 7mo
    266 points Ranked 14383rd
    I had this problem myself. What I did to fix it was this:

Right click on Sm4shT3X and click Properties. Where it says Open with, click change. After that, click "Look for another app on this pc." Go to folder Program Filesx(Either 64 or 86, mine was 86) and go to the java folder. Go into jre1.8.0_121 and bin. Double click on javaws and then it should start working.

This is what I had to do to fix it, so I don't know if it will work the same for you. I really hope it does, however. I remember feeling so lost not knowing how to do it at first. Best of luck mate.
    The Red Panda Enthusiast avatar
    Mantra
    The Red Panda Enthusiast
  • 7mo
    JacolbyBeatz avatar
    Member Joined 1y
    172 points Ranked 19716th
    Posted by RedPandaTim

Right click on Sm4shT3X and click Properties. Where it says Open with, click change. After that, click "Look for another app on this pc." Go to folder Program Filesx(Either 64 or 86, mine was 86) and go to the java folder. Go into jre1.8.0_121 and bin. Double click on javaws and then it should start working.

This is what I had to do to fix it, so I don't know if it will work the same for you. I really hope it does, however. I remember feeling so lost not knowing how to do it at first. Best of luck mate.
    I to require some assistance
    Bananite
  • 7mo
    BrutalBub avatar
    BrutalBub Offline
    Member Joined 1y
    Posted by RedPandaTim

I just tried that, and I got a window that reads "Unable to launch the application". Would that be caused by Java, or is that the program itself?
    Bananite
  • 6mo
    Arman Ossi Loko avatar
    Arman Ossi Loko avatar Lurkin'
    Admin Joined 10y
    71,871 points Ranked 56th
    63 medals 9 legendary 16 rare
    • GTAV First Adopter Medal icon
    • Submitted 15 Tools Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • 1st place - 2015 Uberstyles Contest Medal icon
    • Achieved Admin clearance Medal icon
    • 15+ Entries! GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2015 Medal icon
    Arman Ossi Loko avatar
    Arman Ossi Loko
    KOPASSUS Incorporated Flag
    KOPASSUS Incorporated
    Site Administrator
    Quick bump: When you find a solution to whatever problem you have, you don't need to trash / delete the thread. Change its state to "Done" instead of "Open" in the Edit page.
    The Deadviper avatar
    Mantra
    The Deadviper

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

BrutalBub avatar