Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

CSS Crashing (HELP) - A Forum Thread for Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)

So I finally have the ability to test mods again (yay), but whenever I go to load the CSS screen, it crashes before opening the screen (Does a loud beeping noise when about to transition from the loading screen to CSS screen). Checked all my chr_13 files, all are 233 KB or below (Roadhog360 told me that's fine. Go check him out!), so I have no idea what the issue is unless I have too many or something. Any help is greatly appreciated here.
  • Solotato avatar
    Solotato username pic Joined 6y ago
    7,049 points Ranked 1,200th
    21 medals 4 rare
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • 10 submissions featured Medal icon
    • Submitted 15 Mods Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Mods Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • Returned 100 times Medal icon
    5y
    Doubt you have over 600+ ch_13's, so you might just have a corrupted .nut or something else you added that has to do with the CSS
    a rad potato
    URL to post:
  • ChainedPhantasm avatar
    ChainedPhantasm Joined 5y ago
    Oh no!
    1,769 points Ranked 22,993rd
    7 medals 1 rare
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    5y
    Posted by Solotato

Doubt you have over 600+ ch_13's, so you might just have a corrupted .nut or something else you added that has to do with the CSS

I don't lol, but which one is corrupted, if I can get with you on some type of platform like Discord, can you possibly name a corrupted file?
    Soon-To-Be Sma5h Modder
    URL to post:
  • super_hats avatar
    super_hats Joined 6y ago
    695 points Ranked 47,742nd
    8 medals 1 rare
    • 2 years a member Medal icon
    5y
    Posted by Solotato

and if you do have 600+ chr_13? i think i might. because mine dont load in anymore.
    URL to post:
  • Solotato avatar
    21 medals 4 rare
    5y
    Posted by Jacksont16

Posted by Solotato

I don't lol, but which one is corrupted, if I can get with you on some type of platform like Discord, can you possibly name a corrupted file?
    It's trial and error, buddy. You'll have to try and manually load in each one and see if it works or not. Or you may also be able to see if your a texture editor, and just use the injectpack to see
    a rad potato
    URL to post:
  • super_hats avatar
    super_hats Joined 6y ago
    695 points Ranked 47,742nd
    8 medals 1 rare
    • 2 years a member Medal icon
    5y
    Posted by Solotato

Posted by Jacksont16

Posted by Solotato

It's trial and error, buddy. You'll have to try and manually load in each one and see if it works or not. Or you may also be able to see if your a texture editor, and just use the injectpack to see
    fuck. oh well 
    URL to post:
  • Schinsly avatar
    Schinsly Joined 6y ago
    DBD Manager
    2,867 points Ranked 20,879th
    22 medals 4 rare
    • Achieved Game Manager clearance Medal icon
    • Became a Game Pioneer Medal icon
    • Became a Studio Leader Medal icon
    5y
    I had the same problem a while ago, but im sorry to tell you I don't really remember how I fixed it...
    Schinsly#3871
    URL to post:
  • ChainedPhantasm avatar
    Oh no!
    7 medals 1 rare
    5y
    Posted by Solotato

Posted by Jacksont16

Posted by Solotato

How would I see if it's corrupted? I'm starting to get into texture editing, so please explain the steps.
    Soon-To-Be Sma5h Modder
    URL to post:
  • Solotato avatar
    21 medals 4 rare
    5y
    Posted by Jacksont16

Posted by Solotato

Posted by Jacksont16

Posted by Solotato

How would I see if it's corrupted? I'm starting to get into texture editing, so please explain the steps.
    When you try to extract the texture, there will be an error. I'm assuming you already tried to resend it to the SD manually instead of straight from S4E exporting, so I think that would be the best option
    a rad potato
    URL to post:
  • ChainedPhantasm avatar
    Oh no!
    7 medals 1 rare
    5y
    Posted by Solotato

Posted by Jacksont16

Posted by Solotato

Posted by Jacksont16

Posted by Solotato

When you try to extract the texture, there will be an error. I'm assuming you already tried to resend it to the SD manually instead of straight from S4E exporting, so I think that would be the best option
    Wait, are you talking about a texture hack (skin) or a chr_XX.nut file?

And now I have an idea, since I'm pretty much clueless as to what to do: If I were to make a .zip file of all my chr_13 files, can you go through and check them? I'll also pay points if you want, since I bet it'll be a big task for you.
    Soon-To-Be Sma5h Modder
    URL to post:
  • Same issue here. :/
    Dank Memes avatar
    Mantra
    Dank Memes
    URL to post: