[Triggers] Client Speed, Alpha, Gravity?

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Attention Gamer! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Koga73 points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Join the community!

Already a Bananite? Login

[Triggers] [CS:GO] Need help

Hi,

I want to make a trigger_multiple, which gives the following:
Speed, gravity & changing the model transparency.

I have searched far and wide around the webs, but haven't been able to find anywhere explaining how this is done in CS:GO, at least not in the last 1-2 years.
I tried out some stuff myself, but I'm starting to give up.

Alpha is not working. Color is not working.

If anyone knows how this is done, please share it with me.
Appreciated! & Thank you.

• 1y
    No one?
    ◢◤ avatar
    Mantra
    ◢◤
  • 1y
    Syoudous avatar
    Syoudous Offline
    Member Joined 5y
    2,626 points Ranked 1786th
    9 medals 1 rare
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    • 2 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    player_speedmod is still in CS:GO so you can adjust a players speed from there through its ModifySpeed input. Here's a wiki page on it.

You're changing a specific players gravity correctly so that's not a problem. 

Alpha is sketchy in CS:GO. Not worth the trouble really to go through unless you want to not render the player (as in, make the player become invisible) which can be done through "rendermode 10". 

A players color can be changed. The inputs you did are fine and should work fine. Otherwise try !activator > AddOutput > rendercolor 50 50 50 instead. If you continue to have issues then you will have to really dig for your own because it really does still work. As always you can try to do this on the fly in-game through thirdperson with ent_fire !self Color "50 50 50" in console. As you might likely have issues and we can bounce back and forth in replies here's a screenshot with color actually working.

• Thanks x 1
    < 2
  • 1y
    Posted by Syoudous

player_speedmod is still in CS:GO so you can adjust a players speed from there through its ModifySpeed input. Here's a wiki page on it.

You're changing a specific players gravity correctly so that's not a problem. 

Alpha is sketchy in CS:GO. Not worth the trouble really to go through unless you want to not render the player (as in, make the player become invisible) which can be done through "rendermode 10". 

A players color can be changed. The inputs you did are fine and should work fine. Otherwise try !activator > AddOutput > rendercolor 50 50 50 instead. If you continue to have issues then you will have to really dig for your own because it really does still work. As always you can try to do this on the fly in-game through thirdperson with ent_fire !self Color "50 50 50" in console. As you might likely have issues and we can bounce back and forth in replies here's a screenshot with color actually working.

Thank you! Have some of my points!

http://i.imgur.com/vlSAfPj.png

I couldn't make the player_speedmod work, not sure what I'm doing wrong. I created an entity, named it player_speedmod, but i can't do anything with it. Also tried to addoutput ModifySpeed 2.0 & 5.0.

The gravity is working, but it stucks me in the ceiling instead of working as an sv_gravity 200 function.

Rendermode did not work. Tried 1, 5, 10, 100, -10.

The rendercolor did work, fantastic!

◢◤ avatar
    Mantra
    ◢◤
  • 1y
    Syoudous avatar
    Syoudous Offline
    Member Joined 5y
    2,626 points Ranked 1786th
    9 medals 1 rare
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    • 2 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    No negative values needed and ModifySpeed is an input to player_speedmod as an entity. Not quite sure how exactly you're messing this up but I went ahead and created an example. Your outputs should look something similar to this. You can download the VMF and BSP here as an example of how things should work. It also includes a relay through OnSpawn to reset the player as this carries over to the next round.

As a reminder: With sv_cheats set to 1 set yourself to thirdperson through console to be able to see the effects. Rendermode 10 (player invisible) is set with a 4 second delay so you're able to see the players color tint.
    • Thanks x 1
    < 2
  • 1y
    Posted by Syoudous

No negative values needed and ModifySpeed is an input to player_speedmod as an entity. Not quite sure how exactly you're messing this up but I went ahead and created an example. Your outputs should look something similar to this. You can download the VMF and BSP here as an example of how things should work. It also includes a relay through OnSpawn to reset the player as this carries over to the next round.

As a reminder: With sv_cheats set to 1 set yourself to thirdperson through console to be able to see the effects. Rendermode 10 (player invisible) is set with a 4 second delay so you're able to see the players color tint.
    Thank you for the help. Everything works perfect now.

◢◤ avatar
    Mantra
    ◢◤

Embed

Share banner
Image URL:
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

Submitter

Attributes

Miscellaneous