Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Modding on Sm4sh 1.1.6

A Forum Thread for Super Smash Bros. (3DS)

Members see zero ads. Membership is 100% free
Heyo!

So I'm trying to get into the Sm4sh 3DS modding scene, and at the time of posting, I'm still digging around. I'd like to ask, is there any way mods will work on the 1.1.6 update? All of the sites (Gbatemp included) seemed to allude that only 1.1.4 update could run mods. How do I get this to work on 1.1.6?

Replies

• SolMeiLei avatar
    SolMeiLei Joined 3y ago
    276 points Ranked 51637th
    access_time 3y
    Since you need to use CFW either way, I suggest looking for Smash Selector. The app will look for SaltySD 1.1.6 (the custom update that lets you use mods) and install it, and you can also switch between Vanilla and modded Smash in one button press.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CloudedSun avatar
    CloudedSun Joined 3y ago
    594 points Ranked 44018th
    access_time 3y
    Posted by SolMeiLei

Since you need to use CFW either way, I suggest looking for Smash Selector. The app will look for SaltySD 1.1.6 (the custom update that lets you use mods) and install it, and you can also switch between Vanilla and modded Smash in one button press.
    Is Smash Selector a homebrew app or CIA? And after I get the Smash Selector app, do I still need the RomFS from the update or even original game? Or does this give me access to redirecting mods to SaltySD?

EDIT: I've installed Smash Selector and tried to download SaltySD. Says the download for SaltySD USA downloaded. What's next? I can just put in files on my SD to patch over the game?

URL to post:
  • SolMeiLei avatar
    SolMeiLei Joined 3y ago
    276 points Ranked 51637th
    access_time 3y
    Posted by CloudedSun

Posted by SolMeiLei

Is Smash Selector a homebrew app or CIA? And after I get the Smash Selector app, do I still need the RomFS from the update or even original game? Or does this give me access to redirecting mods to SaltySD?

EDIT: I've installed Smash Selector and tried to download SaltySD. Says the download for SaltySD USA downloaded. What's next? I can just put in files on my SD to patch over the game?

Yeah, that should be it.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CloudedSun avatar
    CloudedSun Joined 3y ago
    access_time 3y
    Posted by SolMeiLei

Posted by CloudedSun

Posted by SolMeiLei

Yeah, that should be it.
    I've got everything working perfectly so far! English Cloud, a Lucina texture and a BGM replacement all work. 

URL to post:
  • Jigawatt avatar
    Jigawatt Joined 3y ago
    access_time 3y
    Posted by CloudedSun

Posted by SolMeiLei

Posted by CloudedSun

Posted by SolMeiLei

Yeah, that should be it.
    I've got everything working perfectly so far! English Cloud, a Lucina texture and a BGM replacement all work. 

Guys, I'm a noob at the modding scene (don't yell at me), and I just found about smash 3ds mods (I only thought WiiU mods existed) , so is there any legitimate tutorial on how to do this? emphasis on legitimate, I really don't wanna BRICC my new3dsXL.  (ಥ_ಥ) prettae' ples doods

Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CloudedSun avatar
    CloudedSun Joined 3y ago
    access_time 3y
    Posted by Jigawatt

Posted by CloudedSun

Posted by SolMeiLei

Posted by CloudedSun

Posted by SolMeiLei

Yeah, that should be it.

Guys, I'm a noob at the modding scene (don't yell at me), and I just found about smash 3ds mods (I only thought WiiU mods existed) , so is there any legitimate tutorial on how to do this? emphasis on legitimate, I really don't wanna BRICC my new3dsXL.  (ಥ_ಥ) prettae' ples doods

Don't worry, there's a very small chance to brick your 3DS when prepping mods. Although, there is a very strict requirement: you must have your 3DS or another 3DS on any software BEFORE Ver.  11.0.0-33. 

hat's why the 3DS modding scene is really dry mostly. Almost everyone who didn't know about hacking before Wii U modding got popular was too late.  Although I heard something would come up within the next month that'll change Smash 3DS modding. I'll let you know if it changes. 

Tl;dr you need to have at least one DS on firmware before 11.0.0-33, if you do PM me. 
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

CloudedSun avatar
CloudedSun Joined 3y ago