How to fix red textures?

A Forum Thread for Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)

Members see zero ads. Membership is 100% free
Currently two of my character's specific costumes are just /red/. You should know what I mean if you know how to fix this. Toon Link's Fierce Deity & Classic Falco seem to be red, and I would like to know how to fix this in a little bit of detail. Thanks!
  • Waluigi San avatar
    Waluigi San Joined 3y ago
    No Sauce Left..
    3y
    If they're turning red when you get the metal box, it's because the costumes don't have a texture used for metal.
    Wah~
    URL to post:
  • TheUnknownMartin avatar
    TheUnknownMartin Joined 3y ago
    251 points Ranked 52275th
    3y
    I'm guessing you put those skins on different folders. This is a Texture ID problem. Try searching them up, as many people have tutorials and easy tools to fix them with! I recommend using Munomario and Zarklord's MassTexIDFix Program, as it can fix certain character's ID's and all of them at once! Hope this helps!

• Helpful x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • InTheBeef avatar
    InTheBeef username pic Joined 3y ago
    2,478 points Ranked 20087th
    12 medals 1 rare
    • Reached 50 subscribers Medal icon
    • Reached 10 subscribers Medal icon
    • Submission featured Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • Received thanks 5 times Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Threads Medal icon
    3y
    Posted by TheUnknownMartin

I'm guessing you put those skins on different folders. This is a Texture ID problem. Try searching them up, as many people have tutorials and easy tools to fix them with! I recommend using Munomario and Zarklord's MassTexIDFix Program, as it can fix certain character's ID's and all of them at once! Hope this helps!

Alright, I'll try use it and see how it goes! Thanks for confirming for me, and no Xach, I wasn't getting a metal box. Just to be certain though, will MassTexIDFix change the order of my Costume slots? Or change this ID to work in this order.

Twitter: @InTheBeef
    URL to post:
    3y
    Posted by InTheBeef

Alright, I'll try use it and see how it goes! Thanks for confirming for me, and no Xach, I wasn't getting a metal box. Just to be certain though, will MassTexIDFix change the order of my Costume slots? Or change this ID to work in this order.

No, the order of the skins will stay the same. It will just give it's model.nut and model.nud files it's own ID, corresponding to the folder they're in.

Bananite
    URL to post:
  • InTheBeef avatar
    12 medals 1 rare
    3y

Posted by InTheBeef

No, the order of the skins will stay the same. It will just give it's model.nut and model.nud files it's own ID, corresponding to the folder they're in.

Literally half of them give me a warning that they were unable to be idfixed when the .nud and .nut /are/ all there, what else could be causing this? They aren't packed either from what I can tell.
    URL to post:
    3y
    Posted by InTheBeef

Posted by InTheBeef

Literally half of them give me a warning that they were unable to be idfixed when the .nud and .nut /are/ all there, what else could be causing this? They aren't packed either from what I can tell.
    Well, do your mods have model.nut and model.nut files injected? And did you put the idfixed in your sm4shexplorer folder (where the workspace folder is?) If not, be sure to message the creators.

Bananite
    URL to post:
  • InTheBeef avatar
    12 medals 1 rare
    3y
    TheUnknownMartin unfortunately yes, everything seems to be in check from what I can see, so I guess I'll ask them.
    URL to post:
  • Mario and Sonic Guy avatar
    Mario and Sonic Guy Joined 3y ago
    See ya later!
    9,289 points Ranked 608th
    18 medals 4 rare
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Gamefiles Medal icon
    • Submitted 10 Skins Medal icon
    3y
    If worse comes to worse, you can always refer to this tutorial.
    Texture & Moveset Editor
    URL to post:

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

InTheBeef avatar