Questions I should've asked earlier

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

After countless failed boots, I finally reverted my windows back into 8.1, though it wasn't without consequences: first I had to say goodbye to all my files before reinstalling the OS (even though I've told the service guys to back up the files in the laptop's HDD first because I knew well the files were still there yet they forced me to believe that it doesn't work that way as if I'm that stupid), I had to pay the same price as the battery because there was no other place (even my friend said it was a scam to pay that much for just reinstalling the OS, not to mention it's close to the homecoming season so most places are closed), and lastly to afford it I was forced to sell my personal stuffs, even my pen tablet

Still there are some other things unsolved yet

1.)

I know a low-range laptop is not meant for gaming but I think my specs are already above the minimum reqs of most games I have (hell I spent around $15 for the 'basic' games), you can check my specs here, now about how the game runs let's take L4D2 as the example, the 'recommended settings' left me smooth only at certain parts but caused more lags, making it unplayable (my laptop will eventually get really hot when playing further), the all-low settings was smoother but it didn't kill the lags (still makes my laptop hot), not to mention the other games like PD2 and CS:GO and so on

What should I do? well, I don't have many programs running other than the antivirus and the small ones like ccleaner and puu.sh so the RAM is fine, perhaps the processor or something else

2.)

About smartphone, after I sold mine I was looking for a cheaper replacement, now I got Huawei Y6

It's pretty much basic (the '1GB RAM + 8GB internal' kind of basic), running messenger apps, browsing and some light gaming are fine with it, however the problem comes from the screen: I spotted what people call 'dead pixel' but only visible when all the screen is gray, especially with black theme in LINE, it's barely visible on most colors though, is it fatal? I was unable to replace it with a new unit when I was still around the store, the last time I asked the guys in the store they insisted that it was the anti-scratch glass, but no it's clearly inside the phone's screen

3.)

Any racing game comparable to something like Gran Turismo, for PC? my brother doesn't want me to play with his PS3 :c
  • price 2.0 avatar
    price 2.0 username pic Joined 7y ago
    4,586 points Ranked 1412th
    10 medals 1 rare
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    • 2 years a member Medal icon
    • Unlocked Treehouse VIP clearance Medal icon
    price 2.0 avatar
    price 2.0
    KOPASSUS Incorporated Flag
    Affiliation
    KOPASSUS Incorporated
    3y
    Oh btw bout the specs here
    URL to post:
  • Admer456 avatar
    Admer456 username pic Joined 4y ago
    Gone. :3
    20,020 points Ranked 250th
    29 medals 1 legendary 5 rare
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 15 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • Reached 50 subscribers Medal icon
    • Received thanks 50 times Medal icon
    • 10 submissions featured Medal icon
    3y
    1.)
    Good question. Well, saying that it's a low-end laptop, there's pretty much nothing you can do. I mean, you can't tweak it any further if it has Intel HD Graphics.

My suggestion is to go to the Graphics Properties (right click on the desktop first), and tweak whatever you can.

3.)

I always searched for a Gran Turismo alternative myself, but without luck. I don't see what's wrong with something such as Grid Autosport (if I guessed the name), or perhaps Need for Speed: Shift.

Edit: Didn't notice the specs, sorry. I see that you have a GeForce 820m. I don't have any experience with those, but if that's a dedicated card by any means, you might overclock it.

It's also a laptop, and shouldn't have any problems with Left4Dead 2, at least with those specs.
    I suggest you to click on the battery icon in the right side of the taskbar, and select "Performance Mode".
    URL to post:
  • Hemingway avatar
    Hemingway username pic Joined 6y ago
    2,433 points Ranked 20127th
    28 medals 2 rare
    • 10 submissions featured Medal icon
    • Received thanks 50 times Medal icon
    • Sci-Fi Concepts Contest Entrant Medal icon
    • 1-5 Entries! GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2014 Medal icon
    • Winter Worlds Mapping Contest Entrant Medal icon
    • Tutorials Contest Entrant Medal icon
    3y
    Lag is caused by your CPU. Source games need good cpu or you get stutters.
    URL to post:
  • deadman22 avatar
    deadman22 username pic Joined 11y ago
    Dead
    DeadArt Flag Affiliation: DeadArt
    7,794 points Ranked 759th
    43 medals 3 legendary 8 rare
    • Returned 5000 times Medal icon
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • Became a Ripe Supporter Medal icon
    • 25 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    deadman22 avatar
    deadman22
    DeadArt Flag
    Affiliation
    DeadArt
    3y
    I've got no answers for the first two problems but I can answer this one :D

Any racing game comparable to something like Gran Turismo, for PC? my brother doesn't want me to play with his PS3 :c

If you want a sort of arcade racing feel go to the Dirt series. Dirt 3 and Dirt Rally are pretty fun to play.

If you want something more real I've been getting into Project CARS recently, and it's by far one of the best looking and feeling racing simulators I've played. Would highly recommend that if you've got $30 to spare.
    GFX Hobbyist avatar
    Mantra
    GFX Hobbyist
    URL to post:

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

price 2.0 avatar