Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Is it safe to erase additional files for a Skin?

A Forum Thread for Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)

No ads for members. Membership is 100% free. Sign up!
I've seen that a lot of Skins come with all of the cXX files. I know most of the times you only need the model.nut and the model,nud files to make a skin work (unless you want to add them as an additional one). Is it safe for me to erase the non .nut/.nud files if Im replacing an original skin? The reason why I'm asking it's because my mod pack it's almost reaching the 2GB and I have noticed it is taking some time to load and I was wondering if maybe by me deleting these files would reduce the pack size.

Thanks! 
  • jewlecho avatar
    jewlecho username pic Joined 4y ago
    1,798 points Ranked 21169th
    8 medals 1 rare
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • Thanked 5 submitters Medal icon
    • Returned 100 times Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    access_time 4y
    You have the idea right. You only need the model.nud and model.nut if you want to replace an existing skin.

You only need the extra files for making new slots, as well as any extra folders a character may have, i.e. peach's parasol, MK's cape and mantle, Samus' gun, etc.

So it's safe to delete them to decrease your pack size, I'm not sure if it'll reduce load times though.
    ~ Team Mom ~
    URL to post:
  • iMangoVerde avatar
    iMangoVerde Joined 4y ago
    Playing Smash
    835 points Ranked 41974th
    access_time 4y
    Posted by jewlecho

You have the idea right. You only need the model.nud and model.nut if you want to replace an existing skin.

You only need the extra files for making new slots, as well as any extra folders a character may have, i.e. peach's parasol, MK's cape and mantle, Samus' gun, etc.

So it's safe to delete them to decrease your pack size, I'm not sure if it'll reduce load times though.

Ok, I'll try do so, I'll update this thread if I find that it reduces load times. Thanks  :)
    :)
    URL to post:
  • Mario and Sonic Guy avatar
    Mario and Sonic Guy Joined 4y ago
    See ya later!
    10,541 points Ranked 562nd
    18 medals 4 rare
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Gamefiles Medal icon
    • Reached 50 subscribers Medal icon
    • Submitted 10 Skins Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    access_time 4y
    I can tell you that when a folder is set to be packed, it packs "everything" that's inside the specific folder. As such, even if you only need the .nud and .nut files when replacing existing color slots, this won't have much of an impact on the packed folder's file size.
    Texture & Moveset Editor
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

iMangoVerde avatar
iMangoVerde Joined 4y ago