What is this?

A Forum Thread for Steam

Attention Gamer! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Klint points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Interested?

Already a Bananite? Login

I received this email in Russian language. I think this pertains to my recent thread about my Steam acct.  that was lost. Can someone please translate this to English..

• 2y
    TheClonerx avatar
    TheClonerx avatar not online
    105th Inc. Flag Affiliation: 105th Inc.
    Member Joined 2y
    204 points Ranked 17870th
    12 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2015 Christmas Eve Winner! Medal icon
    • 8-14 Entries! GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2015 Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    TheClonerx avatar
    TheClonerx
    105th Inc. Flag
    105th Inc.
    Why you don't copy the text and translate it?

Sip, ese soy yo. avatar
    Mantra
    Sip, ese soy yo.
  • 2y
    Klint avatar
    Klint avatar Offline
    Member Joined 6y
    2,497 points Ranked 1887th
    18 medals 2 rare
    • 2nd Place - The Set Christmas Conversion 2015 Contest Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • 1-5 Entries! GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2014 Medal icon
    • Submitted 10 Skins Medal icon
    Posted by TheClonerx

Why you don't copy the text and translate it?

Thanks man. It says:
    Hello, Fredboy
    Tools for your purchase will be refunded.
    We return the funds to your wallet Steam. They will be marked as pending and returned to you within 7 days.

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 - in Time: 80 min.

Purchased by: Jan 30, MSK
    Total refund: P319.95 your Steam Wallet
    Learn more about refunds can be found here: http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/

Steam Support
    https://help.steampowered.com/

Hello, Fredboy
    Tools for your purchase will be refunded.
    We return the funds to your wallet Steam. They will be marked as pending and returned to you within 7 days.

Counter-Strike
    Counter-Strike: Condition Zero
    Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes
    Counter-Strike: Source - in Time: 102 min.
    Counter-Strike: Source Beta
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - in Time: 71 min.

Purchased by: Jan 30, MSK
    Total refund: P759.95 your Steam Wallet
    Learn more about refunds can be found here: http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/

Well its good news but what will happened to my old acct. since I already made another new acct. with different username & pass is- my question.
    .. was the Temple.
  • 2y
    Decemberklar avatar
    Decemberklar avatar Offline
    Moderator Joined 11y
    4,557 points Ranked 1019th
    21 medals 1 legendary 3 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 25 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    As friends, can you please just post the entire source? So we can see the FROM address and everything. 

Additionally, did you ever buy a physical copy of a Valve game? About 7 years ago I got hacked as well, but I threw them a photo of my counter-strike key and they restored my account. 

Still, we need more info from these emails than just pictures. You're hacked, these are the perps, we can help you more if you share more info about them. 

• 2y
    Klint avatar
    Klint avatar Offline
    Member Joined 6y
    18 medals 2 rare
    Posted by Decemberklar

As friends, can you please just post the entire source? So we can see the FROM address and everything. 

Additionally, did you ever buy a physical copy of a Valve game? About 7 years ago I got hacked as well, but I threw them a photo of my counter-strike key and they restored my account. 

Still, we need more info from these emails than just pictures. You're hacked, these are the perps, we can help you more if you share more info about them. 

Well this is the focused and source:

The copy  of counter strike I bought is a soft copy via steam wallet[scratch card].  I even have a balance left of P170. on the steam wallet. That address doesn't look it came from valve imo. Buying from steam wallet doesn't provide any receipts or code it just automatically sends the game in your library. I keep reporting that acct. on steam support under hacking/phishing without supporting document/s.  That email response doesn't clarify where the refund be placed[ on what acct.]- its  kinda shallow & sort of time buying[?]. Proving on using some other details should be a part of there security system in case like this.  

***Edit: 
    The body of this letter might have come from my old acct.'s steam wallet stat info .  And emailed it back to me while adding that it will be refunded. Why in Russian? 
    while this thread is getting shittier on my side, I wonder if I could get any help here while I'm exposing this.
    .. was the Temple.
  • 2y
    Decemberklar avatar
    Decemberklar avatar Offline
    Moderator Joined 11y
    4,557 points Ranked 1019th
    21 medals 1 legendary 3 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 25 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    Posted by Klint

Posted by Decemberklar

The copy  of counter strike I bought is a soft copy via steam wallet[scratch card].  I even have a balance left of P170. on the steam wallet. That address doesn't look it came from valve imo. Buying from steam wallet doesn't provide any receipts or code it just automatically sends the game in your library. I keep reporting that acct. on steam support under hacking/phishing without supporting document/s.  That email response doesn't clarify where the refund be placed[ on what acct.]- its  kinda shallow & sort of time buying[?]. Proving on using some other details should be a part of there security system in case like this.  

***Edit: 
    The body of this letter might have come from my old acct.'s steam wallet stat info .  And emailed it back to me while adding that it will be refunded. Why in Russian? 
    while this thread is getting shittier on my side, I wonder if I could get any help here while I'm exposing this.

That is from Valve, and you do receive receipts from Steam wallet purchases. I know you only had like ~25 games on your account, do you not have a single valid CD key/receipt from either of those titles?
  • 2y
    Klint avatar
    Klint avatar Offline
    Member Joined 6y
    18 medals 2 rare
    Posted by Decemberklar

Posted by Klint

Posted by Decemberklar

***Edit: 

That is from Valve, and you do receive receipts from Steam wallet purchases. I know you only had like ~25 games on your account, do you not have a single valid CD key/receipt from either of those titles?
    As far as I can remember if your'e referring to CD keys from those games, none. Its too early to say how are they going to do it [refund].  On receipts, there's no hard copy involved. Its like a cellphone card that's been loaded. 

.. was the Temple.
  • 2y
    Reverend Jesse V92 avatar
    Reverend Jesse V92 avatar Away
    Member Joined 7y
    2,941 points Ranked 1585th
    18 medals 3 rare
    • 2nd Place - A Bananite's Guide to... Contest Medal icon
    • Building Bridges Entrant Medal icon
    • Became a Studio Leader Medal icon
    It's really your own fault for being hacked. You should have turned on Steam Guard and used the mobile authenticator in the mobile app.

I specifically remember a news post Valve made that said if you don't use the mobile authenticator they're not going to help you get your account back.

Universal Jack-O-Trades avatar
    Mantra
    Universal Jack-O-Trades
  • 2y
    Klint avatar
    Klint avatar Offline
    Member Joined 6y
    18 medals 2 rare
    Posted by Jesse V92

It's really your own fault for being hacked. You should have turned on Steam Guard and used the mobile authenticator in the mobile app.

I specifically remember a news post Valve made that said if you don't use the mobile authenticator they're not going to help you get your account back.

Steam guard email is  'on' I think but not the mobile authentication. 1 week to know next. If they're true with there news let see with there message.

Edit: [after 1month, 8mar'16]

This is for Steam users in general.
    What I presume was correct, I didn't received the refund that was sent to my email.. hell I think its from the hijacker. as far as I can recall as I was reading about certain game modding on a certain site(can't recall) it gave a steam link to further its explanation/ progression which I find it interesting. i clicked on it and it looks like a real steam page and provides a log in also. So in short I logged- in because I'm too lazy to get back to my installed steam icon in my desktop.  I tried to log-in for several times but then that was a terrible mistake. I think that's how my account was hacked. Without using the newly added cellphone number security its easy victim. Why I didn't because  I usually change cp nos. every now and then. So that's it for this thread & seriously they Should double security the site where currency exchange is prime. 
    .. was the Temple.

Embed

Share banner
Image URL:
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

Submitter

Klint avatar
Klint avatar Offline
Member Joined 6y