Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Deleted a few threads

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Seems like this forums got a few unwanted threads. One being the way to hack Steam. Darkblade, you moron! You scare the crap outta me! :) Can all of us please refrain from putting a 'banned' status just above our name? Otherwise, The Chief might really do that. Next is Seven's latest thread. Actually, what he's trying to say is that he's sort of on a camping trip. So he'll be back. And better than ever. However, on to CL. There's almost practically nothing much for me to do ATM. Except these few things: 1) Adjust the proper bullet recoil/spread of the P228 and the FiveseveN. 2) Add the wallpuffs 3) Add the money sprite 4) Add the c4. 5) Remove the 'give' command for MP. 6) Fix the AWP's and Scout's spread when holding the fire button. 7) Remove a few Counter-Life commands. 8) Add the flashbang effect for the hgrunts. 9) Make all the enemies give cash when killed. 10) Wait for the god darn CS:CZ/ CS 1.6 to be released officially. But for 9...........I'm got the apache to give you $5000 when killed. :D

Replies

• Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20204th
    access_time 16y
    So many decisions. The very first thing I'm working on right now is removing the give command. Easier said than done. As for the cash, there's the command cl_getcash. 1 is for killing monsters to get cash, 0 is for getting cash the normal way. From personal gameplay, when I reached the 'treasure trove' area, my pocket already runs deep. Now that each wad costs 300 bucks. But in case you're wondering, cl_getcash 1 is much more tougher. Why? Because you don't get alot of money in the first few areas. I got my first gun, sg552, when I have reached almost half of Office Complex. The area where there's an explosive box and a zombie coming for you.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • End Of Days avatar
    End Of Days Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Looks great for CL. Can't wait
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • The Ranger avatar
    The Ranger Joined 17y ago
    506 points Ranked 45386th
    access_time 16y
    The problem is that you can't really use it for anything if it works like in CS. Except maybe blowing up the Gargantua in Power Up before you're supposed to. If you could throw it and press a button to blow it up, it would be far more useful in different situations. Let's talk gameplay. Say the C4 cost $1000 each, you could carry up to three packs, and its power was slightly smaller than in CS and the blast was ineffective through walls. Methinks you'd also have to use a different explosion sprite, though not necessarily.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sniper-Wolf-sin avatar
    Sniper-Wolf-sin Joined 16y ago
    126 points Ranked 63621st
    access_time 16y
    DUDE!!Dont diss the c4!!! it just needs to work like cs. and its done. so what if its unrealistic.Not like they can make holes in the walls like in red faction [game that you can blow a hole in every wall>... Just for fun guys..
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • hpalex avatar
    hpalex Joined 16y ago
    100 points Ranked 72600th
    access_time 16y
    C4? Isn't a good idea!:o but.... the C4 use like satchel
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • The Ranger avatar
    access_time 16y
    Mmmmmm, C4. How would the C4 work? If it worked exactly the same as in CS (Plant, timer, boom) it would be all but useless for singleplay or deathmatch. If it worked like a Half-Life satchel charge, though...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sniper-Wolf-sin avatar
    Sniper-Wolf-sin Joined 16y ago
    126 points Ranked 63621st
    access_time 16y
    sweeeeet.. c4. ya know......... I love c4.......hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!! no.. really...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • darkblade avatar
    darkblade Joined 17y ago
    226 points Ranked 54289th
    access_time 16y
    There's already a cvar.... Look at the counter-life configuration and player options.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Funster avatar
    Funster Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    Well, I agree with Ranger on the money issue for SP. Incentive is VERY important to SP gameplay. But, since im a MP freak :D.... Perhaps another cvar is call for? :p Haunter, stretch your fingers out, we are gonna keep ya busy ;)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • darkblade avatar
    darkblade Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    How about the submachine guns? Are you going to increase their damage?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • The Ranger avatar
    access_time 16y
    The spread's not too different but you'll find that the recoil of the AK47 will drive it up faster and higher than that of an M4 or an AUG.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • darkblade avatar
    darkblade Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    But when I fired m4a1 and ak47, the spread is the same, there's not much difference between the rifles.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • The Ranger avatar
    access_time 16y
    AK-47 should well be higher. It's less accurate and ammo for it is more expensive, but the bonus is that it does more damage. Without that, there's really no point in ever using an AK instead of an M4A1, except for variety. I do have some suggestions, though, on new things to implement. First, I'm one of the old-school CL players who refuses to move on to the new money system. I don't like instantly getting cash for killing things for a couple of reasons; one, it hurts realism. And I know that the whole point of CL isn't a very realistic one, but instantly getting cash takes it back to an arcade-esque system that I really dislike. The much bigger reason is that I enjoy that feeling of reaching a place in Half-Life where normally you'd get weapons, and I get that same feeling of accomplishment and "w00t, I now kick ***" that I would if playing the original game. The one that comes to mind is the armory in Surface Tension, where you're in the blasted-out building and Barney opens a door for you. You flip a switch, and shelves filled with money light up. Taking things like this away not only dulls the feeling of accomplishment upon discovering such a treasure trove but also defeats the purpose of looking for it in the first place. The feature I'm trying to suggest is a variable that controls how much cash per stash the player receives. Default is $300, and I find that I have too much money. I can't spend it all. Making it, say, $100, would force me to make choices about what I want to use, and to control my spending. However, I'm sure there are players who want the $300 so that they can cycle through all the guns and have some variety, and that's OK too. So I suggest the variable to suit all players' needs. Also, again I state that the Scout, AWP, G3, and SG550 should be given no spread when zoomed out. The zoomed-out spread was only added in CS for multiplayer balance, a moot point with CL's primarily singleplayer play. Using a Scout like a battle rifle is fun: zoomed out, taking potshots, making every round count. But it's very difficult having to zoom in every time. Also, I vote again for having flashbangs work on enemies. Is it possible to enable notarget only on certain enemies? Say the flashbang had a huge radius of effect that didn't go through walls. If you toss it in a room, everyone who had a clear line of sight to it would be affected, but make it only do one point of damage. BUT, it would have both the shrapnel AND the side effect of notarget on anyone it affected, lasting say, for 8 seconds or something. Something to think about. I don't know if it's possible, but it'd be cool.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • darkblade avatar
    darkblade Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    What about assualt rifle's damage? Which will be higher, ak47 or m4a1?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Funster avatar
    Funster Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    You are removing the 'give command in multi, hmm, well as of now thats the only way to make sven maps playable. I really dont know if multiplayer is your focus at all, so sorry if i keep buggin ya. But, as far as im concerned, single player games are fun once, and thats it, and half the time, id much rather be online enjoying it with buds. Right now a beta CL multiplayer server is up as we speak. Its still private at the moment. Right now we have implemented a custom vgui utilizing the same 'give' command you are removing. Perhaps you can make it so there is a selectable sever setting making the buy menu accesible outside buy zones, or something of the sort. I understand there is no necessity for sven maps in CL, but, they are very well done and in my mind a waste not to have the best of both worlds. If you remove the 'give' command then i suppose my team will have to crap out some amx scripts or something like that, uhg :mad: . Oh well. Haunter, keep up the good work, sorry to bug ya bud. :D
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Haunter avatar
Haunter Joined 18y ago