Model Problem!

A Forum Thread for Garry's Mod 13

Yo, buddy. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending CaptainAero points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Interested?

Already a Bananite? Login

Involves .vta and eyes. Help needed please! Thanks!

Hello everyone! Kinda new to Gamebanana here so forgive me if I make mistakes here haha. Anyways, here's my dilemma. One of the custom models me and my friend created involved a Halo Spartan and a head from Vindictus. The model was successfully exported into GMOD, but had a couple errors... 1) Face had faceposing list, but face will not move 2) Eyes would not move (The eye textures however, I'm currently fixing that) Here's some images to show you my problems. [IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/1el6rm.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/vkx2u.jpg[/IMG] (Sorry if the model looks like a scary zombie lol) Me and my friend believe it may be the exporting portion that screwed us over. We used Blender Source Tools and the facial animations worked fine on Blender, just won't work on HLMV for some reason. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks again for reading everyone. And thank you for the help! :D

• 2y
    Ganryu avatar
    Ganryu avatar Not here.
    Admin Joined 8y
    9,497 points Ranked 466th
    34 medals 3 legendary 9 rare
    • 15+ Entries! GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2015 Medal icon
    • Achieved Admin clearance Medal icon
    • Returned 5000 times Medal icon
    • Achieved Super Moderator clearance Medal icon
    • GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2015 Day Twenty Winner! Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    Ganryu avatar
    Ganryu
    Helpful Toastie
    You posted about this over at Facepunch, right? I remember seeing your posts over there in one of the threads (I can't remember which one exactly, though). I'm pretty sure you were given some info on how to fix it in the same thread you posted your problem in, so you may want to check there if you haven't already.
    Not as serious as you'd think.
  • 2y
    CaptainAero avatar
    Member Joined 2y
    > **Posted by Ganryu**
    >
    > You posted about this over at Facepunch, right? I remember seeing your posts over there in one of the threads (I can't remember which one exactly, though). I'm pretty sure you were given some info on how to fix it in the same thread you posted your problem in, so you may want to check there if you haven't already.

Oh yeah. Thanks for reminding me about that haha. So I gave it a lookover and yeah, still fixing the eyes for that. As for the face posing problem, I read it all as well.

Don't want to sound really stupid here though (I have poor knowledge on modeling and SDK so I apologize if this is a stupid question) but if the flex animations work on Blender, then it SHOULD work on GMOD if exported correctly that is right?

EDIT: Forgot to say thanks by the way lol
    Bananite
  • 2y
    Ganryu avatar
    Ganryu avatar Not here.
    Admin Joined 8y
    Ganryu avatar
    Ganryu
    Helpful Toastie
    So long as you didn't mess with any of the vertices for the face itself, the flex animations SHOULD work, yes.
  • 2y
    CaptainAero avatar
    Member Joined 2y
    > **Posted by Ganryu**
    >
    > So long as you didn't mess with any of the vertices for the face itself, the flex animations SHOULD work, yes.

Oh I see. Huh I thought it would be an exporting error. Let me see and give it a go. Thanks again for the help. Hope this works. BTW good to know you're also at gamebanana as well.
    Bananite
  • 2y
    Ganryu avatar
    Ganryu avatar Not here.
    Admin Joined 8y
    Ganryu avatar
    Ganryu
    Helpful Toastie
    Oh, I'm not the same user that posted that bit of info over at Facepunch. I've just seen your posts over there.
  • 2y
    CaptainAero avatar
    Member Joined 2y
    > **Posted by Ganryu**
    >
    > Oh, I'm not the same user that posted that bit of info over at Facepunch. I've just seen your posts over there.

Oh haha I see. Just curious though we're you planning on making a custom Vindictus model of your own as well?
    Bananite
  • 2y
    Ganryu avatar
    Ganryu avatar Not here.
    Admin Joined 8y
    Ganryu avatar
    Ganryu
    Helpful Toastie
    > **Posted by CaptainAero**
    >
    > > **Posted by Ganryu**
    > >
    > > Oh, I'm not the same user that posted that bit of info over at Facepunch. I've just seen your posts over there.
    >
    > Oh haha I see. Just curious though we're you planning on making a custom Vindictus model of your own as well?

I thought about it, but considering what I'd have to do in order to make it function properly, I'd pretty much end up having to re-rig the model. I'm honestly not that good when it comes to character rigging (seriously, it always ends up looking like a Lovecraftian horror every time I've tried rigging a character model on my own :V) or making face flexes, so I'd end up having to hand over the combination I wanted to go with to someone else if I wanted to see it finished. I'm more of a prop guy, and I'm working on porting the weapons, some scenery, and some debris over to GMod as props.
  • 2y
    CaptainAero avatar
    Member Joined 2y
    > **Posted by Ganryu**
    >
    > > **Posted by CaptainAero**
    > >
    > > > **Posted by Ganryu**
    > > >
    > > > Oh, I'm not the same user that posted that bit of info over at Facepunch. I've just seen your posts over there.
    > >
    > > Oh haha I see. Just curious though we're you planning on making a custom Vindictus model of your own as well?
    >
    > I thought about it, but considering what I'd have to do in order to make it function properly, I'd pretty much end up having to re-rig the model. I'm honestly not that good when it comes to character rigging (seriously, it always ends up looking like a Lovecraftian horror every time I've tried rigging a character model on my own :V) or making face flexes, so I'd end up having to hand over the combination I wanted to go with to someone else if I wanted to see it finished. I'm more of a prop guy, and I'm working on porting the weapons, some scenery, and some debris over to GMod as props.

A props person huh? That's cool! Right now, I'm learning the basics of 3d Modeling for Gmod using Blender. And I'm starting with props since they're a good and easy place to start for a person who has NO knowledge on 3d modelling and gmod exporting/importing haha. So I guess you might say Im starting somewhere lol.

I wanted to do this so that I can make models for myself and help out the GMOd community if I could!

By the way, do you happen to know of anyone who can do 3d modelling and gmod importing/exporting just for future reference? I mean besides the guys down in Facepunch (they're very helpful btw)? Like someone who could be willing to do this sort of thing (I guess like a requester or somethin)
    Bananite

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

CaptainAero avatar
Member Joined 2y

CaptainAero