Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

hunter or who ever

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

is there away you can make it to where u dont need counter-strike to play counter-life. cause cs is just takeing up room, probally play 4 times a month, so if you can figure out a way to make cl playable w/o cs would be great. if not, oh well.

Replies

• Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    1,496 points Ranked 21832nd
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter The CL package is 8mb after I removed a few things. To make CL installe without CS, then I would need to add the stuff needed for CS into the CL installer. The point is, you might need to download about 30+mb if that is done.
    More like letting it overwrite the existing CL, but still use the model and that stuff.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20203rd
    access_time 16y
    The CL package is 8mb after I removed a few things. To make CL installe without CS, then I would need to add the stuff needed for CS into the CL installer. The point is, you might need to download about 30+mb if that is done.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    1,496 points Ranked 21832nd
    access_time 16y
    Well I hope that I will still be able to install CL without CS, thats my problem. As CS have gone back on the shelf for good and have been replaced by Global Operations I don't need CS anymore. So for now it is living on Counter-life's mercy.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sniper-Wolf-sin avatar
    Sniper-Wolf-sin Joined 16y ago
    126 points Ranked 63607th
    access_time 16y
    i tried it. you have to have CS to play CL i tried it and it doesnt work
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • peril avatar
    peril Joined 17y ago
    254 points Ranked 52744th
    access_time 16y
    Er, once you have CL installed, it reads everything from the CL directory anyway, so after install CS is not needed. ;)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • terry avatar
    terry Joined 17y ago
    159 points Ranked 59530th
    access_time 16y
    ill just wait untill some one says i can do that, i dont wanna wait an hour just to play a game that ive been playing
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • NecroWraith avatar
    NecroWraith Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    Well, if you have CS installed, then install CL, and move all the needed files from the CS dir to the CL dir, it might work. Just a thought.
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

terry avatar
terry Joined 17y ago