Deathrun maps for Gmod 9?

SEX! Ok, we got your attention. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Shadowysn points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Interested?

Already a Bananite? Login

Create a Deathrun Map/Save for Gmod 9.

I cant find any deathrun maps for Gmod 9. So, can someone post a map/save of Deathrun for people to enjoy? That would be good. Also if you want me to pirate Gmod, i can't. It wont even load up the pirated Gmod!

• 2y
    Devieus avatar
    Devieus avatar ONLINE
    Moderator Joined 7y
    79,841 points Ranked 48th
    63 medals 4 legendary 10 rare
    • 1st Place - Tutorial Contest Medal icon
    • 15+ Entries! GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2015 Medal icon
    • Returned 5000 times Medal icon
    • 15+ Entries! GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2016 Medal icon
    • GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2015 Day Twelve Winner! Medal icon
    • GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2015 Day Sixteen Winner! Medal icon
    Then buy gmod instead.
    Sentinel of the TV remote avatar
    Mantra
    Sentinel of the TV remote
  • 2y
    Ganryu avatar
    Ganryu avatar Not here.
    Admin Joined 8y
    9,534 points Ranked 454th
    34 medals 3 legendary 9 rare
    • Achieved Admin clearance Medal icon
    • Achieved Super Moderator clearance Medal icon
    • GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2015 Day Twenty Winner! Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    Ganryu avatar
    Ganryu
    Helpful Toastie
    GMod 9 is no longer supported by Facepunch Studios and has essentially been abandoned in favor of the more up-to-date Steam copy of the game, so there's really no reason to make content for GMod 9 anymore. If there are any deathrun maps available, they'll only be available for the current version of GMod, so I'd advise purchasing a copy whenever you get the chance to do so. If you're desperate to find a cheap deal for GMod, it goes on sale rather often on Steam; alternatively, you could also look for a cheaper-priced copy over at G2A.com for a global key.
    Not as serious as you'd think.
  • 2y
    Kaito avatar
    Kaito avatar Offline
    Member Joined 6y
    4,178 points Ranked 1087th
    13 medals 1 rare
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • 6-10 Entries! GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2014 Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    I find it amazing that there are still people out there who play Gmod 9 despite the up-to-date steam version being cheap as dirt as it is, especially on sale.
    Collector of old consoles
  • 2y
    Ganryu avatar
    Ganryu avatar Not here.
    Admin Joined 8y
    Ganryu avatar
    Ganryu
    Helpful Toastie
    > **Posted by Kaito**
    >
    > I find it amazing that there are still people out there who play Gmod 9 despite the up-to-date steam version being cheap as dirt as it is, especially on sale.

The few groups of people that do still play GMod 9 mainly do so either because they can't afford to buy the Steam copy (even though it's cheap and goes on sale rather often), or because they have some sort of grudge against the current version (either because it has to be purchased or because it isn't as 'flexible' as GMod 9 was, even though it's far more flexible and actually still receives updates) and refuse to get the current version at all.
  • 2y
    Kaito avatar
    Kaito avatar Offline
    Member Joined 6y
    4,178 points Ranked 1087th
    13 medals 1 rare
    • 6-10 Entries! GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2014 Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    > **Posted by Ganryu**
    >
    > > **Posted by Kaito**
    > >
    > > I find it amazing that there are still people out there who play Gmod 9 despite the up-to-date steam version being cheap as dirt as it is, especially on sale.
    >
    > The few groups of people that do still play GMod 9 mainly do so either because they can't afford to buy the Steam copy (even though it's cheap and goes on sale rather often), or because they have some sort of grudge against the current version (either because it has to be purchased or because it isn't as 'flexible' as GMod 9 was, even though it's far more flexible and actually still receives updates) and refuse to get the current version at all.

To be fair, you (or your parents) must be doing something horribly wrong if you can't part yourself of 3-4 bucks when it goes on sale. If you're THAT poor, you might aswell not even play games in the first place because of the electricity costs and such.

Anyway, there are really people who get upset because GMod isn't a free thing anymore even though it's still cheaper than your average meal at McDonalds? Some people really have issues. Like, I get that it was free before, but it's not the first time this happend. Besides, I am 100% certain that those people would've made it a pay-for product aswell if they would've been in charge of things.
    Collector of old consoles
  • 2y
    Ganryu avatar
    Ganryu avatar Not here.
    Admin Joined 8y
    Ganryu avatar
    Ganryu
    Helpful Toastie
    > **Posted by Kaito**
    >
    > To be fair, you (or your parents) must be doing something horribly wrong if you can't part yourself of 3-4 bucks when it goes on sale. If you're THAT poor, you might aswell not even play games in the first place because of the electricity costs and such.

I can only agree with that statement to an extent, considering that there's also a few other factors to consider. In the case of some parents, there are some out there who willingly choose not to give their children an allowance for them to spend as they please or simply refuse to buy them games without having a specific reason (such as purchasing a game as a gift for their birthday or as a holiday gift, or even as a reward for doing well in school). There's also some people who just don't feel like buying something when they can find a free alternative instead (such as playing GMod 9 for free instead of buying GMod as an immediate example).

> **Posted by Kaito**
    >
    > Anyway, there are really people who get upset because GMod isn't a free thing anymore even though it's still cheaper than your average meal at McDonalds? Some people really have issues. Like, I get that it was free before, but it's not the first time this happend. Besides, I am 100% certain that those people would've made it a pay-for product aswell if they would've been in charge of things.

Sadly, there really are people out there who would get upset over buying a game for roughly the same price (if not cheaper) as their usual order at some fast-food restaurant. Then again, there are also people who would even flip their shit over having to pay a total of $1.15 (tax included) for something that was priced as being only $1 from their local dollar store. Poor or not, some people literally just don't like spending money at all.
  • 2y
    Martin.Kosecky5 avatar
    Black Mesa Inc. Flag Affiliation: Black Mesa Inc.
    Member Joined 2y
    463 points Ranked 9249th
    10 medals 1 rare
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • Thanked 5 submitters Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • Returned 100 times Medal icon
    • Unlocked Treehouse VIP clearance Medal icon
    Martin.Kosecky5 Black Mesa Inc. Flag
    Black Mesa Inc.
    Just take Counter Strike source deathrun maps , put them into gmod 9 and you will have what you want.

Active HECU operative
  • 1y
    Shadowysn avatar
    Shadowysn Offline
    Member Joined 2y
    Guys, this was years ago. Things have moved on now. No need to reply to this thread anymore, as i had bought Gmod and a few other games already. Well, i found playing deathrun maps in sandbox aren't that much fun as i imagined. There is the deathrun gamemode of course, so i now mark this thread as CLOSED.

Bananite

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Shadowysn avatar
Shadowysn Offline
Member Joined 2y