Well played tom, well played...

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

...but enough is enough. I have finally found out how to get rid of those ugly empty ad spaces and top bar links. I just used µBlock's element picker to create custom rules to hide those. Now the site feels a bit more clean. Maybe you can with AdBlock too. I haven't tested. Now I must find out how to customize the CSS... EDIT: Oh, I've just noticed. Threads are only giving 10 points now. It was about time.

• Ganryu avatar
    Ganryu username pic Joined 8y ago
    Ripe Supporter Admin
    There.
    4,937 points Ranked 1043rd
    36 medals 4 legendary 10 rare
    • 15+ Entries! GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2015 Medal icon
    • Achieved Admin clearance Medal icon
    • Returned 5000 times Medal icon
    • Became a Ripe Supporter Medal icon
    • Achieved Super Moderator clearance Medal icon
    • GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2015 Day Twenty Winner! Medal icon
    Ganryu avatar
    Ganryu
    Helpful Toastie
    3y
    > Maybe you can with AdBlock too. I haven't tested. You can.
    Well, that's happening I guess
  • Laffle avatar
    Laffle username pic Joined 6y ago
    1,819 points Ranked 2822nd
    13 medals 2 rare
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • 11-15 Entries! GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2014 Medal icon
    • Unlocked Treehouse VIP clearance Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    3y
    why would you come out and admit you do this "no money for the site lulz"
    • Agree x 1
    I'll baffle your taffle.
  • Bedebao avatar
    Bedebao username pic Joined 5y ago
    3y
    > **Posted by Laffle** > > why would you come out and admit you do this > > "no money for the site lulz" Because then I can sell Burn Heal and make more money? ![](http://static-cdn.jtvnw.net/jtv_user_pictures/chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png "") It's not like I'm the only one who said that the ads here can be terrible.
    A Fucked Up Story avatar
    Mantra
    A Fucked Up Story
  • Minnow123 avatar
    Minnow123 Joined 4y ago
    300 points Ranked 14422nd
    3y
    You can do it with Adblock. yep Also the mobile advertisements are terrible, they do the whole "YOU HAVE A PHONE VIRUS CLICK OKAY FOR FREE SCREENING" dialogue box... Why?
    Fish
  • Reverend V92 avatar
    Reverend V92 username pic Joined 8y ago
    Browsing
    Home > Members > Reverend V92
    3,456 points Ranked 1466th
    22 medals 3 rare
    • 2nd Place - A Bananite's Guide to... Contest Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • Building Bridges Entrant Medal icon
    • Became a Studio Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    3y
    I don't know if it still does, but back when I first registered there were a lot of ads that would hijack my browser and this continued until I discovered ABP. I'm talking full-on redirect-your-whole-browser-and-close-all-tabs hijacks going on. I'm not risking my computer getting viruses with an ad history like that. I love the site and I always have, but if giving you guys ad revenue means I'm at risk for getting malware, I'll have to abstain.
    • Agree x 2
    Source Engine Wizard avatar
    Mantra
    Source Engine Wizard
  • Ganryu avatar
    Ganryu username pic Joined 8y ago
    Ripe Supporter Admin
    There.
    4,937 points Ranked 1043rd
    36 medals 4 legendary 10 rare
    • Returned 5000 times Medal icon
    • Became a Ripe Supporter Medal icon
    • Achieved Super Moderator clearance Medal icon
    • GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2015 Day Twenty Winner! Medal icon
    Ganryu avatar
    Ganryu
    Helpful Toastie
    3y
    > **Posted by Jesse V92** > > I don't know if it still does, but back when I first registered there were a lot of ads that would hijack my browser and this continued until I discovered ABP. I'm talking full-on redirect-your-whole-browser-and-close-all-tabs hijacks going on. > > I'm not risking my computer getting viruses with an ad history like that. > > I love the site and I always have, but if giving you guys ad revenue means I'm at risk for getting malware, I'll have to abstain. That's part of the reason for a lot of people using adblocking extensions in their browsers these days. There are so many ads out there that behave in a malicious nature, and a lot of people would rather not have to deal with whatever problems might end up happening because of some shitty ad that's loaded with some form of malware. I understand that there's an unlock for the site that allows users to disable ads by purchasing it, but let's be fucking realistic here; who the hell is going to actually buy that when they could easily do the same thing by installing something like the AdBlock/AdBlock Plus extensions in their browser? I'm not against using ads for site revenue, but when it comes to some of the shit that comes with various ads anymore these days, I'd rather just stick to using a browser extension that covers every site I go to instead of having to work for a site-specific unlock that would honestly be of no use outside of GameBanana.
    Well, that's happening I guess
  • Bedebao avatar
    3y
    > **Posted by Ganryu** > > > **Posted by Jesse V92** > > > > I don't know if it still does, but back when I first registered there were a lot of ads that would hijack my browser and this continued until I discovered ABP. I'm talking full-on redirect-your-whole-browser-and-close-all-tabs hijacks going on. > > > > I'm not risking my computer getting viruses with an ad history like that. > > > > I love the site and I always have, but if giving you guys ad revenue means I'm at risk for getting malware, I'll have to abstain. > > That's part of the reason for a lot of people using adblocking extensions in their browsers these days. There are so many ads out there that behave in a malicious nature, and a lot of people would rather not have to deal with whatever problems might end up happening because of some shitty ad that's loaded with some form of malware. That reminds me. Did you know that once upon a time, the Rule 34 Paheal site was blocked for being malicious? Google detected something that contained malware on the page, and it was... an ad. gg no re Even having adblockers didn't prevent that since it was your browser who was blocking you.
    A Fucked Up Story avatar
    Mantra
    A Fucked Up Story
  • Arman Ossi Loko avatar
    Arman Ossi Loko username pic Joined 11y ago
    62,994 points Ranked 60th
    65 medals 11 legendary 16 rare
    • GTAV First Adopter Medal icon
    • Submitted 15 Tools Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • 1st place - 2015 Uberstyles Contest Medal icon
    Arman Ossi Loko avatar
    Arman Ossi Loko
    KOPASSUS Incorporated Flag
    Affiliation
    KOPASSUS Incorporated
    Admin Alumni
    3y
    That's the advantage of having Ripe before it turns into Unlocks. I got all the Unlocks (when they first came) since I was a Ripe member so no reason to use the Ad Blocker.
    The Deadviper avatar
    Mantra
    The Deadviper

Embed

Share banner
Image URL:
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

Author

Bedebao avatar