I crippled S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl

A Forum Thread for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

SEX! Ok, we got your attention. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending TheForgery points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Interested?

Already a Bananite? Login

I regret trying to install [this](http://enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2008&start=20 "this"), which is a SweetFX configuration for the game. I did back up my files and after it went completely wrong, I tried to fix the game, but no luck. I am sure I uninstalled all the files related to the mod and verified the game. I keep getting the same message when trying to load the game: XR_3DA has stopped working. There have been any [fixes](http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1082105 "fixes") suggested by others but none of them seem to work for me, like changing the comparability of the exe file, uninstalling and installing it (much to my horror, it didn't work at all), defragging my PC (I did get an update which I installed but it failed to solve the issue), and adding some commands to the launch options of Steam. UPDATE: I finally fixed the issue. I did follow Ganryu's advice but that didn't work so I decided to navigate to the STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl folder in Steamapps. Provided that the game was still uninstalled, I deleted the folder, reinstalled the game, and now, it's working again.

• 3y
    Ganryu avatar
    Ganryu avatar There.
    Admin Joined 8y
    10,599 points Ranked 415th
    34 medals 3 legendary 9 rare
    • 15+ Entries! GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2015 Medal icon
    • Achieved Admin clearance Medal icon
    • Returned 5000 times Medal icon
    • Achieved Super Moderator clearance Medal icon
    • GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2015 Day Twenty Winner! Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    Ganryu avatar
    Ganryu
    Helpful Toastie
    If the ENB mod you installed replaced any of the default files, try disabling the Steam Cloud synchronization before deleting those files and re-verifying the integrity of the game cache. Assuming the game has a save folder located in the Documents/My Documents folder, you might also want to look around in there to see if there's anything like an auto-generated script that's related to the ENB mod you were using and delete it.
    • Helpful x 1
    • Thanks x 1
    Not as serious as you'd think.
  • 3y
    TheForgery avatar
    TheForgery Offline
    Member Joined 5y
    15,296 points Ranked 281st
    29 medals 1 legendary 5 rare
    • Submitted 100 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Polls Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • Reached 50 subscribers Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    > **Posted by Ganryu**
    >
    > If the ENB mod you installed replaced any of the default files, try disabling the Steam Cloud synchronization before deleting those files and re-verifying the integrity of the game cache. Assuming the game has a save folder located in the Documents/My Documents folder, you might also want to look around in there to see if there's anything like an auto-generated script that's related to the ENB mod you were using and delete it.

I haven't thought about disabling Steam cloud synchronization but it's a good start.
    RIP TheNeXusCore

Embed

Share banner
Image URL:
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

Submitter

TheForgery avatar
TheForgery Offline
Member Joined 5y
15,296 points Ranked 281st