Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Map can't play (keeps generating .nav) - A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

I was in bit of a frenzy for a playtest session of my map build; i remember I messed up the packing (still had vide open, had map running, etc.) It could've just been coincidence since i changed my map a bit after that-- **but now whenever I compile a new build of my map, the map runs for a split second (generates some wonky 1kb nav mesh), then perpetually keeps restarting the map as a result.** I do manage to get into the map if I kick bots while I'm still in the motd menu. Here are some red text in console that might be helpful (seemed more like server issues rather than compiling issue though): > ---- Host_NewGame ---- ####################################### Map mg_battleplex_smg_xmas missing stringtable dictionary, don't ship this way!!! Run with -stringtables on the command line or convar stringtable_alwaysrebuilddictionaries enabled to build the string table ####################################### Host_NewGame on map mg_battleplex_smg_xmas GameTypes: missing mapgroupsSP entry for game type/mode (custom/custom). > Offensive\csgo\maps\mg_battleplex_smg_xmas.nav' saved. ---- Host_Changelevel ---- *** Map Load: mg_battleplex_smg_xmas: Map Group GameTypes: missing mapgroupsSP entry for game type/mode (custom/custom). I've tried renaming the vmf and recompiling but no luck; I'm hoping my vmf isn't corrupted. Maybe it's compiling issue? ("-stringetables" seems to be some kind of compile command)
  • kinggambit avatar
    kinggambit Joined 9y ago
    7y
    So i fixed the problem, though i have no idea... It seems that some keyframe/move_ropes were the problem; deleted them and compiled and voila! no more weird nav mesh. It was a tedious 3 days of trial and error of compiling but i troubleshot it. I think it's something to do with the sv_holiday_mode 1 or something if anyone runs into the same issue. EDIT nevermind :( I am officially clueless; while I did get an actual nav out, perfect working bsp and proper nav-- then I tried to save the map to a back up vmf just in case... welp now it's back to the 1 kb nav infinite loop of doom :(
    Ph.D. in Bananaolgy
    URL to post:
  • I've actually had this happen myself, and had to rollback files. I'm not sure what caused it. I'm curious if anyone else has encountered this too.
    sdas
    URL to post:
  • kinggambit avatar
    kinggambit Joined 9y ago
    7y
    > **Posted by BurntTopato** > > I've actually had this happen myself, and had to rollback files. I'm not sure what caused it. > > I'm curious if anyone else has encountered this too. I suspect it's a corrupted VMF from packing issues (leaving map loaded on hammer/game while packing). I did a ton of testing and it turns out, anytime I'd "transplant" anything from the corrupted VMF into a clean VMF, the clean VMF would get the exact same problem. Even a standard square dev-textured brush. Yup, I learned the hard way... Completely just scrapped that project. I have like 4 copies of my new project. :)
    Ph.D. in Bananaolgy
    URL to post:
  • > **Posted by kinggambit** > > > **Posted by BurntTopato** > > > > I've actually had this happen myself, and had to rollback files. I'm not sure what caused it. > > > > I'm curious if anyone else has encountered this too. > > I suspect it's a corrupted VMF from packing issues (leaving map loaded on hammer/game while packing). > > I did a ton of testing and it turns out, anytime I'd "transplant" anything from the corrupted VMF into a clean VMF, the clean VMF would get the exact same problem. Even a standard square dev-textured brush. > > Yup, I learned the hard way... Completely just scrapped that project. > > I have like 4 copies of my new project. :) Ah well, that explains it. I'm pretty sure I've done this on a map, and that's probably what broke it. Keeping backups is a smart idea and the main drawback is the excess space it takes up.
    sdas
    URL to post: