Troubleshooting & Custom Weapon Installation

A Forum Thread for Battlefield 2

Yo, buddy. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending MasterChiefRulZ points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Interested?

Already a Bananite? Login

squishin' bugs

A user was having issues with a custom weapon installation, and I've asked him to host a pic here so I can help him resolve this issue. Instead of using PMs I thought it would be valuable to have this relay of information in the open to assist anyone else having issues with BF2 and custom weapons. When the error message pops up. Hit "Print Screen" on your keyboard. Then open up Windows "Paint" and 'paste' the screenshot into it and save it in jpg format. Then go to tinypic.com to upload the screen, then post the link so I can see it. EDIT: Turns out the fellow that had the problem resolved it on his own by editing code referring to patch content. He had to do this obviously due to not patching his copy of Battlefield 2 to a more current version(which would have had the files necessary at that point). **Highly recommend** to patch you copy of BF2 to at least version 1.41 before attempting to add content. Since I started this thread I'll go ahead and add some helpful material for someone else who might be interested. Here is a helpful video file made by user SatNav that illustrates the way to mount custom content into Battlefield 2 without altering too many core files. This method offers a clean install of mod content, keeping things separate and tidy. The video runs in Windows Media Player. Older versions of Windows Media Player might require Divx codecs to run the video. https://www.mediafire.com/?3b9kxr1b85uiglz

None found

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

MasterChiefRulZ avatar
Member Joined 4y
4,779 points Ranked 962nd