Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

custom particle

A Forum Thread for Team Fortress 2

Members see zero ads. Membership is 100% free

no explosion particle

i had a custom no explosion particle installed in custom folder paricles/explosion.pcf & several qualities of it, now after the enforced sv_pure 1 it does not allow me even in a local server with sv_cheats 1 sv_pure 0 i went to Team Fortress 2\hl2\hl2_misc_dir.vpk, particles folder no longer have explosion.pcf in it thats why its not working, so where is the new location? i want to know so i can change to the new address. i play demo a lot and the explosion is annoying especially when sticky jumping.

Replies

• FuckGameBanana avatar
    FuckGameBanana Joined 5y ago
    access_time 5y
    Try re downloading the explosion file and placing it in the new location. or try searching true your computer for the "missing" explosion file.
    NOT LONGER FUCKING AVAILABLE
    URL to post:
  • access_time 5y
    nothing is working apparently they wrote this on 15 oct update > "Added the explosion particles to the list of files that we always enforce consistency on " i need to change this its so annoying, even on a local server with sv_cheats on custom particles are not working, like wtf....
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Bedebao avatar
    Bedebao username pic Joined 6y ago
    access_time 5y
    sv_pure -1 completely disables consistency, but it is risky as hackers can use modified script files. I don't recall any server having sv_pure -1 because of that. However, maybe some sv_pure 0 servers have removed particles from the whitelist, but it's impossible to know which ones did. Screw you Valve.
    A Fucked Up Story avatar
    Mantra
    A Fucked Up Story
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author