Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Server triggers outputs too slow for players? - A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

I have a couple issues with this (I think it's this at least): 1. When a group of players stand inside trigger_multiple for setting damage filter to remove fall damage, most players still die to fall damage. 2. I have a giant trigger_multiple that constantly restocks players with HEgrenades. it seems there's a massive queue and a lot of players don't get grenades at all (or you have to wait a while for someone to throw a grenade/die it seems) I'm assuming these issues are since the server can't keep up with the rate of info being triggered. **NOTE**: I did notice that these issues happened in areas where players would be inside the trigger brushes for an extended time (rather than just touching them briefly). I can't play test for a while, so I'm hoping someone has some experience can give some advice. As for workarounds, for #1, I can just add water to cushion players. For #2 though, not sure if I might have to just scrap the "instant resupply" format and just place resupply areas that the players must go to. Hopefully there's a way to remedy this issue though? (I'm tweaking the values for refire rates and whatnot, still not sure how it works). I need the refire rate to be low enough so when a horde of players instantly trigger it, it can respond appropriately, but I don't want it to flood the server with so many commands that it gets "jammed up".
  • Syoudous avatar
    Syoudous Joined 9y ago
    4,186 points Ranked 2,292nd
    11 medals 2 rare
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    • 2 years a member Medal icon
    7y
    You didn't quite specify but I'll assume you're using OnTrigger for outputs since you mentioned refire rate. Try using a normal trigger_multiple with **On**StartTouch. Everyone that is in touching the trigger should receive a grenade when enabled.
    < 2
    URL to post:
  • kinggambit avatar
    kinggambit Joined 9y ago
    7y
    > **Posted by Syoudous** > > You didn't quite specify but I'll assume you're using OnTrigger for outputs since you mentioned refire rate. Try using a normal trigger_multiple with On StartTouch. Everyone that is in touching the trigger should receive a grenade when enabled. I've tried both on starttouch and ontrigger. I've also messed around with the "delay on touch" value to no avail. It works, but it's just slow to respond to everyone (it seems like a traffic jam). I've used ent_messages_draw 1 to view the outputs and there's quite a lot for just 1 player.
    Ph.D. in Bananaolgy
    URL to post:
  • Syoudous avatar
    Syoudous Joined 9y ago
    4,186 points Ranked 2,292nd
    11 medals 2 rare
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    • 2 years a member Medal icon
    7y
    Try using game_zone_player and output with OnPlayerInZone (inside the trigger). A timer triggering it overtime with GetPlayerInZone would do. See if that can help you achieve with what you want.
    < 2
    URL to post: