Sound equalization

Hey, you! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Bedebao points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Stop Lurking!

Become a Bananite

Already a Bananite? Login

It's not really a Skyrim-only issue, but still. Basically, I installed the Epic Music Overhaul mod. And now I'm ready to put custom music in dem folders. However, I have a feeling that all the different music will not be played at the same volume(I tried to add a custom sound for a weapon before, never again, almost lost my eardrums). This is kinda confirmed by listening to Skyrim music and custom music in the windows player. I would assume they are played in-game with the maximum sound level of the windows player, and it's already loud at 7% for my custom music, while reasonable at 100% for Skyrim music. So, what could I do to prevent earrape in my game? Maybe there is something I could do to determine the dB and then reduce it accordingaly with Audacity, no?

• 3y
    Zwip-Zwap Zapony avatar
    Zwip-Zwap Zapony avatar Offline
    Member Joined 5y
    824 points Ranked 5579th
    14 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • Returned 5000 times Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    Using the "amplify" or whatever effect (don't blame me, I run it on danish) in AudaCity, setting the "Amplify by" value thing (the top value) to 0 will show how loud the select sound area is in the bottom value. You can then copy that, use amplify on the sound you want to put in Skyrim, and paste the value into the bottom value. That will amplify it to the same volume as the sound you copied the amplify value from, most of the time. So yeah...
    *Insert User Title here*
  • 3y
    Bedebao avatar
    Bedebao avatar Offline
    Member Joined 4y
    > **Posted by Zwip-Zwap Zapony**
    >
    > Using the "amplify" or whatever effect (don't blame me, I run it on danish) in AudaCity, setting the "Amplify by" value thing (the top value) to 0 will show how loud the select sound area is in the bottom value. You can then copy that, use amplify on the sound you want to put in Skyrim, and paste the value into the bottom value. That will amplify it to the same volume as the sound you copied the amplify value from, most of the time. So yeah...

Interesting, but in the end it seems like music is not as loud as it sounds in-game, unlike weapon sounds, even though it's 20 dB louder than vanilla music(the weapon sound was 30dB louder and raped me).

I used MP3Gain to measure the loudness if you're wondering.
    A Fucked Up Story avatar
    Mantra
    A Fucked Up Story

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Bedebao avatar