Gmod Crashes

A Forum Thread for Garry's Mod 13

Greetings! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Kabutops the Butcher points.
  • Post: Give Kabutops the Butcher your thoughts on this Thread.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Interested?

Already a Bananite? Login

My game crashes alot but for unknown reasons.

Okay, so I'm having two types of weird crashes, one is totally random, and the other comes with an error that's reapeated 15 times before it finally dies. So the first one, I don't know what's up with it. It's just totally random! I could be running around, shooting combines, no framerate drops at all, but then I suddenly end up: spawning things\shooting\falling\walking\jumping\opening the spawnmenu\using the context menu\cleaning up everythings\crouching\or just standing there, and then all the sudden the game crashes. I've turned off shader effects, turned down my video settings, closed all programs except Gmod and Steam, and unsubbed from fack tons of addons, and it still happens. The second one is a little more sensicle. I could be browsing to see machines people have made, or attempting to browse the saves, and then all of the sudden my framerate drops to like 1 or 2 fps. The console trys to warn me by stating: "CShaderAPIDX8::BlitTextureBits: couldn't lock texture rect or use UpdateSurface", but after spamming that about 15 times the game's framerate finally drops to 0, and I have nothing else to do except close it in taskmanager. Also, before anyone asks, yes, I've re-installed the game, I've validated the cache files, and defragged the game's files. It wont stop. I'm running 64bit Windows 7 Home Premium with an Intel Core i3-2120 CPU 3.30GHz Processor on a (kinda shet yet) faithful little Lenovo with about 4 gigs of Random Acess Memory. So can anybody tell me what's wrong here? Because the real kicker in the balls is that Borderlands 2, Skyrim, Saints Row 4, and Black Mesa Source run perfectly on my system then why can't Gmod?

• 3y
    Rafael De Jongh avatar
    Rafael De Jongh avatar Offline
    Apocalyptic Flag Affiliation: Apocalyptic
    Super Moderator Joined 10y
    25,653 points Ranked 170th
    73 medals 8 legendary 19 rare
    • 1st Place - Winter Textures Contest Medal icon
    • 1st Place - GameBanana Around the Globe Contest Medal icon
    • 1st Place - Sci-Fi Skinning Contest Medal icon
    • 1st Place - Winter Warfare Medal icon
    • 1st Place - Movie Replicas Modeling Contest Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 WiPs Medal icon
    Rafael De Jongh avatar
    Rafael De Jongh
    Apocalyptic Flag
    Apocalyptic
    Skinning/Modelling Expert
    GMOD can really be a pain in the ass when it comes to crashes without proper logging on why it is crashing in the first place. I would suggest a complete reinstall of gmod but as you've done that already the only other option would be a format of your system and I doubt that would be an option for you.

Perhaps someone might know an easy fix for this but the easiest way would be indeed doing that and start from scratch.
    2D/3D Artist avatar
    Mantra
    2D/3D Artist
  • 3y
    RaraCerberus avatar
    RLVGReviews Flag Affiliation: RLVGReviews
    Member Joined 4y
    1,337 points Ranked 3550th
    9 medals 1 legendary
    • Hotline Miami 2 First Adopter Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    • Hotline Miami 2 Early Adopter (1+ submissions) Medal icon
    • Submitted 10 Skins Medal icon
    RaraCerberus RLVGReviews Flag
    RLVGReviews
    CShaderAPIDX8?
    you need to install the latest DX11 Drivers from MricoSoft. or at the bare minium the latest DX9 drivers.
    Howling to the wind~
  • 3y
    Kabutops the Butcher avatar
    Member Joined 4y
    590 points Ranked 7593rd
    > **Posted by TwoTails**
    >
    > CShaderAPIDX8?
    > you need to install the latest DX11 Drivers from MricoSoft. or at the bare minium the latest DX9 drivers.

My computer came with DX11 pre installed, and I can't seem to find where to update to DX11.1.

> **Posted by Rafael De Jongh**
    >
    > GMOD can really be a pain in the ass when it comes to crashes without proper logging on why it is crashing in the first place. I would suggest a complete reinstall of gmod but as you've done that already the only other option would be a format of your system and I doubt that would be an option for you.
    >
    > Perhaps someone might know an easy fix for this but the easiest way would be indeed doing that and start from scratch.

Well, I have had to format my computer multiple times, forcing me to re-install Steam and Garry's Mod. And frankly the most help I can find is an unsolved problem on the Steam Forums that barely relates to my problems.
    Slicy Slicy

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Kabutops the Butcher avatar
Member Joined 4y
590 points Ranked 7593rd