Audio Stutter crash

A Forum Thread for Garry's Mod 13

Attention Gamer! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Uber Jerry points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Interested?

Already a Bananite? Login

The most annoying crash ever.

I'm playing MafiaRP. I check the jobs out, and I walk around as a civilian. The game freezes, audio stutters, then stops completely, and crashes to desktop for no goddamn reason. Why does this happen? It's been really annoying. I want to play MafiaRP. I've heard good things about it. But how can I if it just crashes?! Why does it crash like this?! It's frustratingly annoying. It happend with TF2, but I fixed it by removing all add-ons. With Gmod, I cannot remove my add-ons, as EVERY SERVER USES ADD-ONS. Why would it crash like this? It's really annoying, and I really need a fix. I cannot play Gmod knowing it's gonna crash every second for no reason at all. Oh, and I don't even get an error message. The screen goes black for a second, then closes completely. No "Hl2.exe has stopped working" message, only nothing.

• 3y
    Ganryu avatar
    Ganryu avatar Here.
    Members > Ganryu
    Admin Joined 8y
    9,587 points Ranked 461st
    34 medals 3 legendary 9 rare
    • 15+ Entries! GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2015 Medal icon
    • Achieved Admin clearance Medal icon
    • Returned 5000 times Medal icon
    • Achieved Super Moderator clearance Medal icon
    • GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2015 Day Twenty Winner! Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    Ganryu avatar
    Ganryu
    Helpful Toastie
    I'd assume that the MafiaRP addon for GMod might have some issues with it. I've gone into a few CS:S and GMod servers in the past that caused the same problem (with absolutely no extra content aside from what the server downloaded, mind you), and it ended up being an issue on the server owner's side.

I would advise temporarily moving your add-ons to another location and attempting to rejoin the server. If it still crashes, then it's most likely an issue on the server owner's end, and you'll need to inform them about the issue.
    • Helpful x 1
    • Thanks x 1
    Not as serious as you'd think.
  • 3y
    Funny enough the same issue has been appearing in tf2 recently Its unlikly but it could be an issue with this version of sourcemod
    Newbie Modder
  • 3y
    Uber Jerry avatar
    Uber Jerry Offline
    Member Joined 5y
    > **Posted by BubbleSquadCommander**
    >
    > Funny enough the same issue has been appearing in tf2 recently Its unlikly but it could be an issue with this version of sourcemod

People say you can fix it with noborders non-fullscreen, but that does nothing. And having it in non-fullscreen makes it even buggier, crashing when I got an achievement.
    brap brapp pow motherhumpers avatar
    Mantra
    brap brapp pow motherhumpers

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Uber Jerry avatar