In GMod, no gun sound on certain server

A Forum Thread for Garry's Mod 13

Yo, buddy. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending evilgerm6200 points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Sound fun?

Already a Bananite? Login

So, when I play on one TTT server on gmod, I don't hear any gun firing noise, just the pitter patter of bullet and the reload stuff. To the point- In console whenever a gun is fired, it says --Failed to load sound "weapons\quantum_gaming\weaponsk3\m4a1\m4_fire1.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository-- I'm aware I am missing the sound files and it is searching for things that don't exist. However, I'm not sure where to put the files.

• 3y
    Porumbelul23 avatar
    Member Joined 4y
    403 points Ranked 10487th
    I think the server has a custom sound that can't be downloaded or Garry's mod can't load the file.I can't remember it happen to me like 2 times
    Bananite
  • 3y
    evilgerm6200 avatar
    Member Joined 4y
    The thing is, in singleplayer, the same gun sounds work just fine, and no one else on the server has the same problem.
    Bananite
  • 3y
    does-not-exist avatar
    Member Joined 4y
    The server you're playing on probably has some sort of addon collection, you probably need to sub to it and the problem will be fixed.
  • 3y
    evilgerm6200 avatar
    Member Joined 4y
    I've already tried downloading that as well, allowing me to have all the things that would be there in the server, but aren't. Again, in singleplayer, everything works just as it should
    Bananite

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Category

Attributes

Stats