Replace Aliens Textures

A Forum Thread for Duke Nukem 3D

Hi mates, I'd like to replace the aliens textures of the game Duke Nukem 3d (Steam), with some custom ones. Where are the textures stored exactly ? I was able to locate only the HUD textures and the menu bgs. Thanks!

• Z00L avatar
    Z00L username pic Joined 7y ago
    12,660 points Ranked 369th
    34 medals 2 legendary 4 rare
    • Returned 5000 times Medal icon
    • Reached 100 subscribers Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • Reached 50 subscribers Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Sprites Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    4y
    Duke3D steam version is on EDUKE32 so you need to open duke3d-megaton.def adding a new texture XXXX { pal 0 { file "hires/XXXXX.png" } } finding the textures of the alien u want with his number, then placing it in hires with a name such MyAlienTheHDTHING, and changing the XXXX in the .def to the number ya found, same for the path
  • xLuca91x avatar
    xLuca91x Joined 4y ago
    111 points Ranked 29078th
    4y
    > **Posted by Z00L** > Duke3D steam version is on EDUKE32 > > so you need to open duke3d-megaton.def adding a new > > texture XXXX { pal 0 { file "hires/XXXXX.png" } } > > finding the textures of the alien u want with his number, then placing it in hires with a name such MyAlienTheHDTHING, and changing the XXXX in the .def to the number ya found, same for the path In duke3d-megaton.def I can only see HUD and FONTS related textures, no alien textures at all. How can I find the alien textures number ? Thanks a lot :)
    Bananite
  • Z00L avatar
    Z00L username pic Joined 7y ago
    12,660 points Ranked 369th
    34 medals 2 legendary 4 rare
    • Returned 5000 times Medal icon
    • Reached 100 subscribers Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • Reached 50 subscribers Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Sprites Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    4y
    > **Posted by Luca91** > > **Posted by Z00L** > > > Duke3D steam version is on EDUKE32 > > > > so you need to open duke3d-megaton.def adding a new > > > > texture XXXX { pal 0 { file "hires/XXXXX.png" } } > > > > finding the textures of the alien u want with his number, then placing it in hires with a name such MyAlienTheHDTHING, and changing the XXXX in the .def to the number ya found, same for the path > > In duke3d-megaton.def I can only see HUD and FONTS related textures, no alien textures at all. How can I find the alien textures number ? > > Thanks a lot :) well, U must ... find them .. IDK where D: IDK, try using Build3D, which is inside DN3D's folder, I think there's the numbers
  • xLuca91x avatar
    xLuca91x Joined 4y ago
    4y
    Well, I managed to get it to work! I've used grp viewer and bastART.. I'll write a tutorial soon..
    Bananite
  • xLuca91x avatar
    xLuca91x Joined 4y ago
    4y
    Here is the tutorial: http://dn3d.gamebanana.com/tuts/11648 Enjoy :)
    Bananite

Embed

Share banner
Image URL:
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

Author

xLuca91x avatar
xLuca91x Joined 4y ago

xLuca91x