Another gadget talk

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Never get enough

Recently been enjoying games that I ever dreamed to play, they are Asphalt 8, Gun Club 3, Real Racing 3, Valkyrie Crusade, Ridge Racer Slipstream and Sky Gamblers Air Supremacy, thanks to this supposed-to-be-a-birthday-gift-for-my-little-brother Xperia C, it's actually a rather budget priced smartphone but it has enough hardware to handle most games, I only look for playability and not too concerned about crisp looking graphics But then my little bro asked for Z10, he's pretty much a social kid unlike his big brother, father said no, he said "you know that I almost sold our cars to buy your sister a Galaxy Note 3.." well that's true my sister owns it while she uses it only for drawing and playing LINE games ._. Then, little bro relies on me to buy him an android knowing daddy can't afford his dream phone =w= So I look at my pocket and there's nothing but some cents, I might buy him one next month, he asked for Samsung Galaxy series that is enough for messaging, chatting and a little gaming, I could buy him the most expensive one but only if I could stand starving for 4 weeks too, but I can't, obviously.. My pick is between Star Plus, Ch@t and Young (S6310), yeah only those three ._. I won't let myself to buy him a local brand 'smartphone' even if it has better specs, they're most likely to be short lived unlike the well known brands Might sound stupid to hear those cheap phones but what do you think? which one should I choose? or, if there's another brand or model that has the same price as those three but better, please tell me, I haven't done kind things to my siblings ;w;
  • R E X avatar
    R E X username pic Joined 8y ago
    12,467 points Ranked 442nd
    27 medals 1 legendary 5 rare
    • Reached 100 subscribers Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • Reached 50 subscribers Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • 10 submissions featured Medal icon
    5y
    If you're looking for a cheap smartphone, go for the LG Optimus L3. It uses an Andriod OS from like 2 years ago, it barely has 400mb ram, and Facebook would _probably_ crash it, but if your brother lives up to your sisters expectations, it'd be worth a shot. Just be warned, you can SEE the individual pixels on the screen. However, for the time I've had it, it did everything relatively well. Couldn't get Google Chrome on it, although you could solve that by rooting it and updating the OS, and the RAM isn't that much of a problem when playing simple games.
    URL to post:
  • price 2.0 avatar
    price 2.0 username pic Joined 7y ago
    4,586 points Ranked 1413rd
    10 medals 1 rare
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    • 2 years a member Medal icon
    • Unlocked Treehouse VIP clearance Medal icon
    price 2.0 avatar
    price 2.0
    KOPASSUS Incorporated Flag
    Affiliation
    KOPASSUS Incorporated
    5y
    > **Posted by Sir Rexius Sarcasticus** > If you're looking for a cheap smartphone, go for the LG Optimus L3. > > It uses an Andriod OS from like 2 years ago, it barely has 400mb ram, and Facebook would _probably_ crash it, but if your brother lives up to your sisters expectations, it'd be worth a shot. > > Just be warned, you can SEE the individual pixels on the screen. > > However, for the time I've had it, it did everything relatively well. Couldn't get Google Chrome on it, although you could solve that by rooting it and updating the OS, and the RAM isn't that much of a problem when playing simple games. Ah, Gingerbread :o I don't know if he's okay with that or not, but I'll check that one out, good thing there's an electronic store nearby Thanks before!
    URL to post:
  • agent avatar
    agent username pic Joined 11y ago
    38,806 points Ranked 108th
    20 medals 1 legendary 2 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2014 Day One Winner! Medal icon
    • Became a Studio Leader Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    5y
    >I won't let myself to buy him a local brand 'smartphone' even if it has better specs, they're most likely to be short lived unlike the well known brands All smartphones nowadays are assembled in China using same chips made by other manufacturers like Qualcomm, MediaTek, Intel, Broadcom, NVIDIA, etc. So the difference between a Samsung and a phone made by your local manufacturer is probably minimal hardware-wise. Where those no-name brands usually fall short are screens (high-quality displays are not cheap, and they can save so much money going with a shitty one) and batteries (short battery life, but usually also bad quality of the charger itself which sometimes fucks up battery even more). Now, if those things are not too much of a concern to you and your brother, I'd look into what those local brands offer, especially seeing you two are into mobile gaming, and as you said local brands offer better stuff "under the hood".
    Obnoxious. avatar
    Mantra
    Obnoxious.
    URL to post:
  • price 2.0 avatar
    10 medals 1 rare
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    • 2 years a member Medal icon
    • Unlocked Treehouse VIP clearance Medal icon
    price 2.0 avatar
    price 2.0
    KOPASSUS Incorporated Flag
    Affiliation
    KOPASSUS Incorporated
    5y
    > **Posted by agent** > All smartphones nowadays are assembled in China using same chips made by other manufacturers like Qualcomm, MediaTek, Intel, Broadcom, NVIDIA, etc. So the difference between a Samsung and a phone made by your local manufacturer is probably minimal hardware-wise. Where those no-name brands usually fall short are screens (high-quality displays are not cheap, and they can save so much money going with a shitty one) and batteries (short battery life, but usually also bad quality of the charger itself which sometimes fucks up battery even more). Now, if those things are not too much of a concern to you and your brother, I'd look into what those local brands offer, especially seeing you two are into mobile gaming, and as you said local brands offer better stuff "under the hood". True, local brands can be an alternative when you're lazy to save more money for pricey stuffs Talking about the brands and their models, well there are many, they're most notably using MediaTek or Qualcomm proccies, mostly dual-cores, 1 GHz or more, recently many of them releasing quad-core phones while mainly relying on cameras (between 5 - 8 MP, only a few with 13 MP, sometimes come up with flash, front facing cameras always have the lowest resolution) and the downside is they're still using 512 MB RAM, but my standards aren't too high either, so 768 MB can still do for me, the more the better Didn't pay much attention about the screen, they're mostly WVGA and I didn't see any problem with that Also the GPU, mostly Mali-400 MP, Adreno 203 and PowerVR but I don't remember which series EDIT: forgot to tell that a certain local brand just released its first octa-core phone, with 16 GB ROM, 2 GB RAM and Mali-450 MP, it's good but the downside is the material is still made of plastic, it'll break easily
    URL to post:
  • Klint avatar
    Klint username pic Joined 7y ago
    3,623 points Ranked 2159th
    19 medals 3 rare
    • 2nd Place - The Set Christmas Conversion 2015 Contest Medal icon
    • 1-5 Entries! GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2014 Medal icon
    • Submitted 10 Skins Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    5y
    >bump>Is there Cherry mobile there? If this exist just check if the screen colors are intense/enhanced[not pale]. https://ph.news.yahoo.com/photos/exclusive-p4-999-cherry-mobile-omega-spectrum-in-photos-slideshow/
    .. was the Temple.
    URL to post:

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

price 2.0 avatar