Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Recent update - flashlight shadowing

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Members see zero ads. Membership is 100% free

Why?!

Alright, I've had an issue with my map zm_tablestack_rc4 through to 5 (soon to be released once i discover what the fuck is going on with this game) It runs perfectly fine up until the client turns on the new flashlight, since Valve thought it a good idea to have two shadowing effects running at once, it has literally turned my map into a epileptics worst nightmare. I originally compiled with -bounce set to 4000, we thought this to be the issue, no avail, even without -bounce the issue remains. I remember a similar problem (not similar in the aspect of half my map disappearing for some reason) with gmod and projected textures, obviously solved somehow. now clearly the easiest way to fix this is to simply disable flashlights on my map, well that wont happen anytime soon, stubborn people you see. Alas if somebody can point me toward a CVar that disables depth projection for flashlights (in a game with half the cvars blocked) i'd appreciate it. Also, i dont know if there would be any correlation between entdata being close to 100% on the compile log and the flashlight selectively removing random brushes/props.

Replies

No replies yet

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

TwistX avatar
TwistX Joined 9y ago