The Game Modding Community - Since 2001

Dota 2 Crashes when I join game?

A Forum Thread for Dota 2

So I was messing around with dota 2 trying to make it run a bit faster. I used "dxlevel 81" and "nod3d9ex" because I was told it helps. As soon as it started crashing, I got rid of it, verified, reinstalled, etc. I see minidump files. One of them says: "dota_2014_0113_211507_0_accessviolation.mdmp" Any help on this? I don't know what to do, and I can't find a program to help me read them.

• 4y
    Tobbit avatar
    Tobbit username pic Joined 8y ago
    7,896 points Ranked 584th
    18 medals 2 rare
    • 8-14 Entries! GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2015 Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • Unlocked Treehouse VIP clearance Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    Here's one of the solutions found from other forums: > Thank you cestislife for your answer! Your second approach did the trick! The game is finally running! > >For those who suffer the same problem, here's how I did it: > >- Copy your Scrolls-Installer.msi to an easy-to-find folder (i.e. c:\asdf) > >- Open a console (press Win + R, type "cmd", press Enter) > >- change to your directory your .msi is within (via "cd c:\asdf") > >- type "msiexec /a Scrolls-Installer.msi /qb TARGETDIR="c:\asdf\extract", press Enter and wait > >- type "exit" and press Enter to close the console > >- copy the files within c:\asdf\extract\ to the folder you want to install the game > >- run scrolls.exe, have fun > > > >This is also a workaround to set a different installation path for scrolls. > > > >Thanks everyone! Hope this helps. I've also read that re-installing your graphics card would solve the issue as well regarding the things he did: >1. Unistalled all nividia drvier from control panel >2. Downloaded Driver fusion from steam >3. Deleted every single thing related to Nvidia >4. Installed 314.22 Though, it's your risk. I'm not sure what might happen.
    The Tryhard avatar
    The Tryhard

Share banner
Image URL:
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

Torashu avatar
Torashu username pic Joined 6y ago
1,021 points Ranked 4866th
15 medals 2 rare
  • Submitted 50 Sounds Medal icon
  • Reached 50 subscribers Medal icon
  • Sounder of the Month, March 2013 Medal icon
  • Sounder of the Month, April 2013 Medal icon
  • Became a Studio Leader Medal icon
  • Unlocked Treehouse VIP clearance Medal icon

Torashu avatar

• Share on Reddit
  • Share on Twitter
  • Share on Facebook
  • Share on Google+

• 1 Posts
  • 4y Submitted

Hey, you! Mascot

GameBanana is one of the oldest mod sites on the net. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation - send modders points.
  • Vote: Help your favorite modders win monthly awards.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of problems with mods.
  • Watch: Get notified when mods are updated.

Join the community! Sign up now!

Already a Bananite? Login tracking pixel