YT update. Can't see comments that got replyed?

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

So, I just noticed something in the new YT update, you can't see the comment that got replyed, the "show comment" button doesn't exist anymore. ![](http://i.imgur.com/mamMq57.png "") I can't see the comment. If I click the link, it refreshes the page. Why would YT remove such neat feature?

Replies

• [Kokorov] avatar
    [Kokorov] username pic Joined 6y ago
    ZzZzZzZz...!
    3,798 points Ranked 1368th
    54 medals 3 legendary 8 rare
    • Submitted 60 Sprites Medal icon
    • Returned 5000 times Medal icon
    • Submitted 60 Effects Medal icon
    • 3rd Place - Winter Textures Contest Medal icon
    • Received thanks 50 times Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Sprites Medal icon
    5y
    YT is turning into a very shity site. [I can't even make a comment anymore, nor see replays, nor replay... 'd]
    Soon it will be done. avatar
    Mantra
    Soon it will be done.
    URL to post:
  • Ivanderbar! avatar
    Ivanderbar! username pic Joined 5y ago
    The Dark Place
    413 points Ranked 11549th
    5y
    > **Posted by [Kokorov]** > YT is turning into a very shity site. [I can't even make a comment anymore, nor see replays, nor replay... 'd] According to another thread, You need Google+ just to do those
    It's not a Lake, it's an Ocean
    URL to post:
  • islandboy198 avatar
    islandboy198 Joined 6y ago
    661 points Ranked 7741st
    5y
    > **Posted by SpencerBanana** > > **Posted by [Kokorov]** > > > YT is turning into a very shity site. [I can't even make a comment anymore, nor see replays, nor replay... 'd] > > According to another thread, You need Google+ just to do those Why does google continue to shove their failing social network up our asses? I was JUST starting to tolerate them forcing me into one to keep my channel, or whatever the reason was, now this? I respect google on a lot of their choices, but Google+ is going to be the end of them if they keep clinging on to it. It's never going to be as popular as facebook, never going to become more common than twitter, they HAVE to realise that, right?
    • Agree x 2
    Imdabes
    URL to post:
  • [Kokorov] avatar
    [Kokorov] username pic Joined 6y ago
    ZzZzZzZz...!
    3,798 points Ranked 1368th
    54 medals 3 legendary 8 rare
    • Submitted 60 Sprites Medal icon
    • Submitted 60 Effects Medal icon
    • 3rd Place - Winter Textures Contest Medal icon
    • Received thanks 50 times Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Sprites Medal icon
    5y
    > **Posted by SpencerBanana** > > **Posted by [Kokorov]** > > > YT is turning into a very shity site. [I can't even make a comment anymore, nor see replays, nor replay... 'd] > > According to another thread, You need Google+ just to do those I don't want it!
    Soon it will be done. avatar
    Mantra
    Soon it will be done.
    URL to post:
  • Amen avatar
    Amen username pic Joined 13y ago
    507 points Ranked 9771st
    16 medals 2 legendary 3 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    • Became a Game Pioneer Medal icon
    • Jellyfish Short Story Entrant Medal icon
    5y
    Yep, I can't view comments either and I do not have a Google+ account. I don't care if they're trying to make things better for their + users in some way, that's fair enough. Trying to force me to join into something I don't want to to have youtube fully functional is a load of ass. I posted this in the other thread but it's relevant here, and Sexual Lobster's feelings should be known to all.
    • Funny x 1
    • Agree x 1
    Eater of Bananas avatar
    Mantra
    Eater of Bananas
    URL to post:
  • Kosai106 avatar
    Kosai106 username pic Joined 11y ago
    Avenger Corp.™ Flag Affiliation: Avenger Corp.™
    108 points Ranked 29956th
    24 medals 5 rare
    • 25 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 50 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • Reached 50 subscribers Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • Tooler of the Month, March 2012 Medal icon
    Kosai106 avatar
    Kosai106
    Avenger Corp.™ Flag
    Affiliation
    Avenger Corp.™
    5y
    For those of you who complain about needing a Google+ account to view comments; As long as you have a Google account, you have a Google+ account, so what's the big deal? You don't have to use it... Edit:// Am I really the only one who welcome these changes?
    Former super moderator avatar
    Mantra
    Former super moderator
    URL to post:
  • Bedebao avatar
    Bedebao username pic Joined 6y ago
    5y
    - No size limit for comments (----> HEY LOOK ASCII PAINIS or PROBLEM WITH THE COMMENTS?REPEATED 9001 TIMES) - Links are allowed (HEY LOOK MY SHITTY CHANNEL or HEY LOOK MALWARE SITE FOR FREE MINEKRAFT) - A glitch lets you farm upvotes - You are not notified when someone replies - You are now part of google's evil cult - You lost 1 hour of your life trying to display your avatar again and setting everything on private - Hashtags, youtube is twitter now - More stuff Can someone tell me how to put videos in comments?
    • Agree x 3
    • Win x 3
    • Interesting x 1
    • Epic win x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    A Fucked Up Story avatar
    Mantra
    A Fucked Up Story
    URL to post:
  • Amen avatar
    Amen username pic Joined 13y ago
    507 points Ranked 9771st
    16 medals 2 legendary 3 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    • Became a Game Pioneer Medal icon
    • Jellyfish Short Story Entrant Medal icon
    5y
    > **Posted by Kosai106** > For those of you who complain about needing a Google+ account to view comments; As long as you have a Google account, you have a Google+ account, so what's the big deal? You don't have to use it... > > Edit:// Am I really the only one who welcome these changes? I do not like social networking, never have really so from the moment they combined + with all accounts I disabled it. I do not feel like I should be forced to join another website just to fully use another. It's like if Google for some reason bought FPSB and forced you to use + to post on the forums. Like I said before I have no problem with google wanting to try and make things better for their + users, but I cannot agree with trying to force everyone that uses youtube to join it. I can see why you don't mind the changes though, if you use +/do not mind social networking sites it wouldn't really be a problem.
    • Agree x 2
    Eater of Bananas avatar
    Mantra
    Eater of Bananas
    URL to post:
  • islandboy198 avatar
    islandboy198 Joined 6y ago
    661 points Ranked 7741st
    5y
    > **Posted by Amen** > Trying to force me to join into something I don't want to to have youtube fully functional is a load of ass. Theres another problem I have with this, yes youtube is owned by google, and they also have google+, and they like to connect their services. I wouldn't mind AT ALL if there was a way to link your google+ account to youtube, even if you got perks for doing it. But LIMITING BASIC FEATURES of a website unless you decide to sign up for other services not part of the original site is downright dumb. Yes, I have a google+ now, will I ever use it? NO, because the only thing I will ever need it for it commenting on videos... What a waste. This is not a good way to get people interested in google's services.
    Imdabes
    URL to post:
  • FastFox-42- avatar
    FastFox-42- Joined 5y ago
    5y
    i HATE how they are imposing google+, can't delete google+ account without deleting youtube account, dumbest thing i have ever seen. It's like having to uninstall steam to delete a game
    tf2 mapper, rocket jump lover avatar
    Mantra
    tf2 mapper, rocket jump lover
    URL to post:
  • Ganryu avatar
    Ganryu username pic Joined 9y ago
    Ripe Supporter Admin
    7,160 points Ranked 682nd
    36 medals 4 legendary 10 rare
    • 15+ Entries! GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2015 Medal icon
    • Achieved Admin clearance Medal icon
    • Became a Ripe Supporter Medal icon
    • Achieved Super Moderator clearance Medal icon
    • GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2015 Day Twenty Winner! Medal icon
    Ganryu avatar
    Ganryu
    Helpful Toastie
    5y
    I'm mixed when it comes to the recent changes with the current update. I already had my account linked to my Google+, so it didn't effect me quite as much. However, now that the comments section pretty much has no limitations (links are allowed, hash tag crap is now picking up as an actual link, comments aren't limited to a set amount of characters, etc.), I'm already noticing things that irritate the crap out of me (and a lot of other people as well, apparently). I've also noticed that some videos seem to be buggy when it comes to loading, but that could also just be my internet connection going haywire (some people are complaining about the videos being buggy as well while others say they aren't having issues at all - this could be a client-side connection issue, or a small bug on YouTube's side). > **Posted by Kosai106** > Edit:// Am I really the only one who welcome these changes? The only things I really like about the update are the comment section being a bit more organized, and the fact that users no longer have to leave the page they are currently on in order to respond to replies to their comments. It still seems a bit buggy though, as it seems to notify you of EVERY post in the given conversation from the video that was replied on, even if it's not directed at you. That could do with a bit of work. I'm overall happy with these two things, and a bit of tweaking would probably make them a bit more functional.
    Migraines for days.
    URL to post:
  • Raul! avatar
    Raul! Joined 6y ago
    936 points Ranked 5676th
    5y
    Welcome to TY 2013! Completely stupid features and really dissapointing stuff added! hope you enjoy have to link your Google+ account to comment and stuff :D
    Data_errornum: 3294 avatar
    Mantra
    Data_errornum: 3294
    URL to post:

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Arktomys avatar