WoW TCG Discontinued

A Forum Thread for World of Warcraft

Attention Gamer! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Cookie Monster points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Resistance is futile...

Already a Bananite? Login

A bit sad, but not totally unexpected...

I'm not sure how many of you play or have ever bought cards from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game (TCG) but as you may or may not know Blizzard recently announced that the current (21st) expansion - Timewalkers: Reign of Fire - will be the last. The one bright spot is that this last expansion does contain all of the "loot" cards from the previous expansions, meaning you have a chance to get any of the WoW in-game content that's exclusive to the trading card game. Personally, I've never actually played this TCG. I have a nice stack of cards from randomly buying a pack at the store here and there (hoping for loots cards) but that's it. I honestly feel that Magic: the Gathering is a lot better, but take that with a grain of salt since, like I said, I haven't actually played the WoW TCG.

• 4y
    Eric avatar
    Eric avatar not online
    Member Joined 6y
    50,588 points Ranked 75th
    28 medals 2 rare
    • 3rd Place - Winter Sprays Contest Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Tooler of the Month, June 2012 Medal icon
    • Jellyfish Short Story Entrant Medal icon
    • Sprayer of the Month, August 2013 Medal icon
    • Became a Studio Leader Medal icon
    > Personally, I've never actually played this TCG. I have a nice stack of cards from randomly buying a pack at the store here and there (hoping for loots cards) but that's it.

Same here.

Reminds me that I gotta find them as I don't know where the fuck I've stored them.
  • 4y
    Melicon avatar
    Melicon Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    5,337 points Ranked 867th
    12 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    I am the same way. The main reason I bought most of them is for loot cards. I got a few BS items nothing to interesting.
    I am guessing that they will move all loot from the TCG to the BMAH.
    Lurking CSC
  • 4y
    Cookie Monster avatar
    Cookie Monster avatar Offline
    Member Joined 4y
    > **Posted by Nightraiven**

> I am guessing that they will move all loot from the TCG to the BMAH.

I hope not, especially not after my awesome family bought me a Spectral Tiger for Christmas one year:

07-05-2002 (4140) avatar
    Mantra
    07-05-2002 (4140)
  • 4y
    YellowJello avatar
    YellowJello avatar Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    101,889 points Ranked 31st
    29 medals 2 legendary 6 rare
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Reached 75,000 Points Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Gamefiles Medal icon
    Can't wait for them to be done with WoW. I got to see a demo of Project TITAN, and I have to say, WoW ain't got nothing on that.
    Jiggle Jiggle avatar
    Mantra
    Jiggle Jiggle
  • 4y
    Cookie Monster avatar
    Member Joined 4y
    My brother and I bought 20 packs and got 0 loot cards :(. That having been said, I've heard that the chance of a loot card is 1 in 9 packs (up from 1 in 11 packs) and that there are some super rare packs completely full of loot cards.

> **Posted by YellowJello**

> Can't wait for them to be done with WoW. I got to see a demo of Project TITAN, and I have to say, WoW ain't got nothing on that.

Considering they just pulled developers off of Titan as they "rethink" it (again) I don't see that happening anytime soon. WoW has two expansions left in it at a bare minimum - even as it loses subscribers the player base is still enormous. Worst case Blizzard consolidates servers.
    07-05-2002 (4140) avatar
    Mantra
    07-05-2002 (4140)
  • 4y
    YellowJello avatar
    Member Joined 13y
    > **Posted by Cookie Monster**

> My brother and I bought 20 packs and got 0 loot cards :(. That having been said, I've heard that the chance of a loot card is 1 in 9 packs (up from 1 in 11 packs) and that there are some super rare packs completely full of loot cards.
    >
    > > **Posted by YellowJello**
    >
    > > Can't wait for them to be done with WoW. I got to see a demo of Project TITAN, and I have to say, WoW ain't got nothing on that.
    >
    > Considering they just pulled developers off of Titan as they "rethink" it (again) I don't see that happening anytime soon. WoW has two expansions left in it at a bare minimum - even as it loses subscribers the player base is still enormous. Worst case Blizzard consolidates servers.

My guy tells me that Titan will be officially announced two or three years after the last WoW expansion. Nothing as it stands is final, but what they have right now is almost a completely finished game. It's freaking beautiful. But as you know, Blizzard has a tendency of making one game five or six times over before it even really gets announced.
    Jiggle Jiggle avatar
    Mantra
    Jiggle Jiggle
  • 4y
    Cookie Monster avatar
    Member Joined 4y
    > **Posted by YellowJello**

> Blizzard has a tendency of making one game five or six times over before it even really gets announced.

Too true. I'm excited about it, though not so much about the possible end of WoW, but considering how little time I have to play WoW or EVE and the fact that I wish I was playing a lot more SC2 and CS:S who knows what will happen. I can't imagine myself not buying a major Blizzard game but it could turn into another Diablo III (which I bought but don't play - it's an awesome game but cannot keep me away from WoW), especially if I'm too disgusted by the end of WoW / loss of all my characters / stuff. I'm still pissed about my two Diablo II Paladins getting deleted - it's the only reason I quit playing the game.
    07-05-2002 (4140) avatar
    Mantra
    07-05-2002 (4140)
  • 4y
    YellowJello avatar
    Member Joined 13y
    > **Posted by Cookie Monster**

> > **Posted by YellowJello**
    >
    > > Blizzard has a tendency of making one game five or six times over before it even really gets announced.
    >
    > Too true. I'm excited about it, though not so much about the possible end of WoW, but considering how little time I have to play WoW or EVE and the fact that I wish I was playing a lot more SC2 and CS:S who knows what will happen. I can't imagine myself not buying a major Blizzard game but it could turn into another Diablo III (which I bought but don't play - it's an awesome game but cannot keep me away from WoW), especially if I'm too disgusted by the end of WoW / loss of all my characters / stuff. I'm still pissed about my two Diablo II Paladins getting deleted - it's the only reason I quit playing the game.

I lost my Diablo II characters YEARS ago. I had four level 99 characters, all I remember was the barbarian (Spike Bed). I regret every minute I spent playing that game. >_<

Anyway, from what I've seen, assuming they keep even a scrap of what they had a few months ago when I saw it, this won't be anything like Diablo III in terms of being sort of a let down.
    Jiggle Jiggle avatar
    Mantra
    Jiggle Jiggle
  • 4y
    Cookie Monster avatar
    Member Joined 4y
    Ok, I freely admit that this may amount to nothing more than probability based paranoia, however, for those looking for loot cards beware buying individual packs (as opposed to entire sealed boxes):

Chery Picking God Packs
    07-05-2002 (4140) avatar
    Mantra
    07-05-2002 (4140)

Embed

Share banner
Image URL:
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

Submitter

Cookie Monster avatar