Merging Mods?

SEX! Ok, we got your attention. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Arktomys points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Stop Lurking!

Join GameBanana

Already a Bananite? Login

So, it seems that I reached the limit of mods, which is 255. I searched about it and some people said about merging the mods. But I couldn't find an easy-to-follow tutorial. Does anybody knows how to do it?

• 4y
    Arktomys avatar
    Arktomys avatar Offline
    Member Joined 5y
    Bump. :/
    Gardevoirfag avatar
    Mantra
    Gardevoirfag
  • 4y
    Arktomys avatar
    Arktomys avatar Offline
    Member Joined 5y
    Bump.
    Gardevoirfag avatar
    Mantra
    Gardevoirfag
  • 4y
    Anonymous
  • 4y
    zamphire avatar
    zamphire avatar Offline
    Member Joined 5y
    "Open up two or more mods in the CK at the same time, with the file you want to merge the data to being the active file. Select an item you want to copy and give it a new name. When asked if you want to create a new object, say yes. Be sure to copy every little detail that you want to merge. Let's say you want to merge your NPC into another mod. You may not be able to just copy the actor object into the other mod and get away with it. Your actor might arrive naked, confused, broken, and helpless. If your actor has custom armor, custom AI packages, custom dialog in a custom quest, carries a custom sword, and belongs to a custom faction, you better copy all of those objects into your mod too.
    This merging approach is rather time-consuming." -Source
    Mini eats butts avatar
    Mantra
    Mini eats butts
  • 4y
    Arktomys avatar
    Arktomys avatar Offline
    Member Joined 5y
    > **Posted by zamphire**

> "Open up two or more mods in the CK at the same time, with the file you want to merge the data to being the active file. Select an item you want to copy and give it a new name. When asked if you want to create a new object, say yes. Be sure to copy every little detail that you want to merge. Let's say you want to merge your NPC into another mod. You may not be able to just copy the actor object into the other mod and get away with it. Your actor might arrive naked, confused, broken, and helpless. If your actor has custom armor, custom AI packages, custom dialog in a custom quest, carries a custom sword, and belongs to a custom faction, you better copy all of those objects into your mod too.
    > This merging approach is rather time-consuming." -Source

I need a more of a visual tutorial.
    Gardevoirfag avatar
    Mantra
    Gardevoirfag
  • 4y
    zamphire avatar
    zamphire avatar Offline
    Member Joined 5y
    > **Posted by Arktomys**

> > **Posted by zamphire**
    >
    > > "Open up two or more mods in the CK at the same time, with the file you want to merge the data to being the active file. Select an item you want to copy and give it a new name. When asked if you want to create a new object, say yes. Be sure to copy every little detail that you want to merge. Let's say you want to merge your NPC into another mod. You may not be able to just copy the actor object into the other mod and get away with it. Your actor might arrive naked, confused, broken, and helpless. If your actor has custom armor, custom AI packages, custom dialog in a custom quest, carries a custom sword, and belongs to a custom faction, you better copy all of those objects into your mod too.
    > > This merging approach is rather time-consuming." -Source
    >
    > I need a more of a visual tutorial.

I'll try to make a video tomorrow if you want.
    Mini eats butts avatar
    Mantra
    Mini eats butts
  • 4y
    Arktomys avatar
    Arktomys avatar Offline
    Member Joined 5y
    > **Posted by zamphire**

> > **Posted by Arktomys**
    >
    > > > **Posted by zamphire**
    > >
    > > > "Open up two or more mods in the CK at the same time, with the file you want to merge the data to being the active file. Select an item you want to copy and give it a new name. When asked if you want to create a new object, say yes. Be sure to copy every little detail that you want to merge. Let's say you want to merge your NPC into another mod. You may not be able to just copy the actor object into the other mod and get away with it. Your actor might arrive naked, confused, broken, and helpless. If your actor has custom armor, custom AI packages, custom dialog in a custom quest, carries a custom sword, and belongs to a custom faction, you better copy all of those objects into your mod too.
    > > > This merging approach is rather time-consuming." -Source
    > >
    > > I need a more of a visual tutorial.
    >
    > I'll try to make a video tomorrow if you want.

Yes! Yes! :D
    Gardevoirfag avatar
    Mantra
    Gardevoirfag
  • 4y
    Arktomys avatar
    Arktomys avatar Offline
    Member Joined 5y
    > **Posted by zamphire**

>
    > >
    > > > "Open up two or more mods in the CK at the same time, with the file you want to merge the data to being the active file. Select an item you want to copy and give it a new name. When asked if you want to create a new object, say yes. Be sure to copy every little detail that you want to merge. Let's say you want to merge your NPC into another mod. You may not be able to just copy the actor object into the other mod and get away with it. Your actor might arrive naked, confused, broken, and helpless. If your actor has custom armor, custom AI packages, custom dialog in a custom quest, carries a custom sword, and belongs to a custom faction, you better copy all of those objects into your mod too.
    > > > This merging approach is rather time-consuming." -Source
    > >
    > > I need a more of a visual tutorial.
    >
    > I'll try to make a video tomorrow if you want.

So, any luck on the video?
    Gardevoirfag avatar
    Mantra
    Gardevoirfag
  • 4y
    zamphire avatar
    zamphire avatar Offline
    Member Joined 5y
    > **Posted by Arktomys**

> > **Posted by zamphire**
    >
    > > > **Posted by Arktomys**
    > >
    > > > > **Posted by zamphire**
    > > >
    > > > > "Open up two or more mods in the CK at the same time, with the file you want to merge the data to being the active file. Select an item you want to copy and give it a new name. When asked if you want to create a new object, say yes. Be sure to copy every little detail that you want to merge. Let's say you want to merge your NPC into another mod. You may not be able to just copy the actor object into the other mod and get away with it. Your actor might arrive naked, confused, broken, and helpless. If your actor has custom armor, custom AI packages, custom dialog in a custom quest, carries a custom sword, and belongs to a custom faction, you better copy all of those objects into your mod too.
    > > > > This merging approach is rather time-consuming." -Source
    > > >
    > > > I need a more of a visual tutorial.
    > >
    > > I'll try to make a video tomorrow if you want.
    >
    > So, any luck on the video?

Cant get my recorder working :(
    Mini eats butts avatar
    Mantra
    Mini eats butts
  • 4y
    Arktomys avatar
    Arktomys avatar Offline
    Member Joined 5y
    > **Posted by zamphire**

>
    > >
    > > > > **Posted by Arktomys**
    > > >
    > > > > > **Posted by zamphire**
    > > > >
    > > > > > "Open up two or more mods in the CK at the same time, with the file you want to merge the data to being the active file. Select an item you want to copy and give it a new name. When asked if you want to create a new object, say yes. Be sure to copy every little detail that you want to merge. Let's say you want to merge your NPC into another mod. You may not be able to just copy the actor object into the other mod and get away with it. Your actor might arrive naked, confused, broken, and helpless. If your actor has custom armor, custom AI packages, custom dialog in a custom quest, carries a custom sword, and belongs to a custom faction, you better copy all of those objects into your mod too.
    > > > > > This merging approach is rather time-consuming." -Source
    > > > >
    > > > > I need a more of a visual tutorial.
    > > >
    > > > I'll try to make a video tomorrow if you want.
    > >
    > > So, any luck on the video?
    >
    > Cant get my recorder working :(

Aww. :/
    Gardevoirfag avatar
    Mantra
    Gardevoirfag

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code: