Merging Mods?

A Forum Thread for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

So, it seems that I reached the limit of mods, which is 255. I searched about it and some people said about merging the mods. But I couldn't find an easy-to-follow tutorial. Does anybody knows how to do it?

• Arktomys avatar
    Arktomys username pic Joined 6y ago
    890 points Ranked 5736th
    12 medals 1 rare
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Became a Studio Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Unlocked Treehouse VIP clearance Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    5y
    Bump. :/
    gardefag avatar
    Mantra
    gardefag
  • Arktomys avatar
    890 points Ranked 5736th
    12 medals 1 rare
    5y
    Bump.
    gardefag avatar
    Mantra
    gardefag
  • Anonymous
    5y
  • zamphire avatar
    zamphire username pic Joined 6y ago
    1,237 points Ranked 4178th
    13 medals 1 rare
    • Tutorial Contest Entrant Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    5y
    "Open up two or more mods in the CK at the same time, with the file you want to merge the data to being the active file. Select an item you want to copy and give it a new name. When asked if you want to create a new object, say yes. Be sure to copy every little detail that you want to merge. Let's say you want to merge your NPC into another mod. You may not be able to just copy the actor object into the other mod and get away with it. Your actor might arrive naked, confused, broken, and helpless. If your actor has custom armor, custom AI packages, custom dialog in a custom quest, carries a custom sword, and belongs to a custom faction, you better copy all of those objects into your mod too. This merging approach is rather time-consuming." -Source
    Mini eats butts avatar
    Mantra
    Mini eats butts
  • Arktomys avatar
    890 points Ranked 5736th
    12 medals 1 rare
    5y
    > **Posted by zamphire** > "Open up two or more mods in the CK at the same time, with the file you want to merge the data to being the active file. Select an item you want to copy and give it a new name. When asked if you want to create a new object, say yes. Be sure to copy every little detail that you want to merge. Let's say you want to merge your NPC into another mod. You may not be able to just copy the actor object into the other mod and get away with it. Your actor might arrive naked, confused, broken, and helpless. If your actor has custom armor, custom AI packages, custom dialog in a custom quest, carries a custom sword, and belongs to a custom faction, you better copy all of those objects into your mod too. > This merging approach is rather time-consuming." -Source I need a more of a visual tutorial.
    gardefag avatar
    Mantra
    gardefag
  • zamphire avatar
    13 medals 1 rare
    5y
    > **Posted by Arktomys** > > **Posted by zamphire** > > > "Open up two or more mods in the CK at the same time, with the file you want to merge the data to being the active file. Select an item you want to copy and give it a new name. When asked if you want to create a new object, say yes. Be sure to copy every little detail that you want to merge. Let's say you want to merge your NPC into another mod. You may not be able to just copy the actor object into the other mod and get away with it. Your actor might arrive naked, confused, broken, and helpless. If your actor has custom armor, custom AI packages, custom dialog in a custom quest, carries a custom sword, and belongs to a custom faction, you better copy all of those objects into your mod too. > > This merging approach is rather time-consuming." -Source > > I need a more of a visual tutorial. I'll try to make a video tomorrow if you want.
    Mini eats butts avatar
    Mantra
    Mini eats butts
  • Arktomys avatar
    890 points Ranked 5736th
    12 medals 1 rare
    5y
    > **Posted by zamphire** > > **Posted by Arktomys** > > > > **Posted by zamphire** > > > > > "Open up two or more mods in the CK at the same time, with the file you want to merge the data to being the active file. Select an item you want to copy and give it a new name. When asked if you want to create a new object, say yes. Be sure to copy every little detail that you want to merge. Let's say you want to merge your NPC into another mod. You may not be able to just copy the actor object into the other mod and get away with it. Your actor might arrive naked, confused, broken, and helpless. If your actor has custom armor, custom AI packages, custom dialog in a custom quest, carries a custom sword, and belongs to a custom faction, you better copy all of those objects into your mod too. > > > This merging approach is rather time-consuming." -Source > > > > I need a more of a visual tutorial. > > I'll try to make a video tomorrow if you want. Yes! Yes! :D
    gardefag avatar
    Mantra
    gardefag
  • Arktomys avatar
    890 points Ranked 5736th
    12 medals 1 rare
    5y
    > **Posted by zamphire** > > **Posted by Arktomys** > > > > **Posted by zamphire** > > > > > "Open up two or more mods in the CK at the same time, with the file you want to merge the data to being the active file. Select an item you want to copy and give it a new name. When asked if you want to create a new object, say yes. Be sure to copy every little detail that you want to merge. Let's say you want to merge your NPC into another mod. You may not be able to just copy the actor object into the other mod and get away with it. Your actor might arrive naked, confused, broken, and helpless. If your actor has custom armor, custom AI packages, custom dialog in a custom quest, carries a custom sword, and belongs to a custom faction, you better copy all of those objects into your mod too. > > > This merging approach is rather time-consuming." -Source > > > > I need a more of a visual tutorial. > > I'll try to make a video tomorrow if you want. So, any luck on the video?
    gardefag avatar
    Mantra
    gardefag
  • zamphire avatar
    13 medals 1 rare
    5y
    > **Posted by Arktomys** > > **Posted by zamphire** > > > > **Posted by Arktomys** > > > > > > **Posted by zamphire** > > > > > > > "Open up two or more mods in the CK at the same time, with the file you want to merge the data to being the active file. Select an item you want to copy and give it a new name. When asked if you want to create a new object, say yes. Be sure to copy every little detail that you want to merge. Let's say you want to merge your NPC into another mod. You may not be able to just copy the actor object into the other mod and get away with it. Your actor might arrive naked, confused, broken, and helpless. If your actor has custom armor, custom AI packages, custom dialog in a custom quest, carries a custom sword, and belongs to a custom faction, you better copy all of those objects into your mod too. > > > > This merging approach is rather time-consuming." -Source > > > > > > I need a more of a visual tutorial. > > > > I'll try to make a video tomorrow if you want. > > So, any luck on the video? Cant get my recorder working :(
    Mini eats butts avatar
    Mantra
    Mini eats butts
  • Arktomys avatar
    890 points Ranked 5736th
    12 medals 1 rare
    5y
    > **Posted by zamphire** > > **Posted by Arktomys** > > > > **Posted by zamphire** > > > > > > **Posted by Arktomys** > > > > > > > > **Posted by zamphire** > > > > > > > > > "Open up two or more mods in the CK at the same time, with the file you want to merge the data to being the active file. Select an item you want to copy and give it a new name. When asked if you want to create a new object, say yes. Be sure to copy every little detail that you want to merge. Let's say you want to merge your NPC into another mod. You may not be able to just copy the actor object into the other mod and get away with it. Your actor might arrive naked, confused, broken, and helpless. If your actor has custom armor, custom AI packages, custom dialog in a custom quest, carries a custom sword, and belongs to a custom faction, you better copy all of those objects into your mod too. > > > > > This merging approach is rather time-consuming." -Source > > > > > > > > I need a more of a visual tutorial. > > > > > > I'll try to make a video tomorrow if you want. > > > > So, any luck on the video? > > Cant get my recorder working :( Aww. :/
    gardefag avatar
    Mantra
    gardefag

Embed

Share banner
Image URL:
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

Author

Arktomys avatar