Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Particle effect visible in firstperson view

A Forum Thread for Team Fortress 2

No ads for members. Membership is 100% free. Sign up!
I've applied the sun beams unusual hat effect to a regular hat, but it is showing up in first person view. The only way I've been able to fix it so far is to set cl\_first\_person\_uses\_world\_model to 1 in the console, but that throws off my weapon position. I read [here](http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Particle_effects "") (look under notes at the bottom) that particle effects on items were not supposed to be visible in first person, so I don't know why it's not working. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? Thanks, Kobalt
  • Boundingdog15 avatar
    Boundingdog15 Joined 7y ago
    access_time 7y
    If anything it Gould be the other way around. I always use the cl thing I have wore a unusual hat. It's quite annoying
    Infinite possibilities
    URL to post:
  • Kobalt Kitsune avatar
    Kobalt Kitsune Joined 7y ago
    106 points Ranked 68105th
    access_time 7y
    I think it has something to do with the particle effect. I tried superrare\_plasma2 and a few others and they worked just fine. It could be the control points, but that's just a guess. When I find the solution, I'll post it here in case someone else has this problem.
    URL to post:

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Kobalt Kitsune avatar
Kobalt Kitsune Joined 7y ago
106 points Ranked 68105th
Kobalt Kitsune