Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Player-Controlled Flashbangs

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Haunter, have you made any more progress on Flashbangs thrown by the player? Is that still planned for a future version? Here are some ideas on how it could work. They may or may not be viable; I've never coded on this engine. But think about this: give the Flashbang a huge area of effect (hopefully it can't go through walls; I don't think grenade explosions in default HL could) and make it so that every enemy in that area of effect (basically, everyone with a clear line of site within a reasonable distance) would have "notarget" enabled on them, or you could run their "flee from grenade" AI script continuously for three or five seconds, so that they'd run for cover and no be able to fight. A quick'n'dirty way to do it would be to actually enable "notarget" for five seconds after the flashbang was thrown, but that would suck, as it wouldn't matter where you threw it.
  • Sniper-Wolf-sin avatar
    Sniper-Wolf-sin Joined 17y ago
    126 points Ranked 64569th
    access_time 17y
    Love your idea. allthough im just a big fan of counter-life and strike, i think it can be possible if the right tools were used. i really hate it when the grunts throw flashbangs at me . it is like the most annoying thing in CL. it would be a present to do it to them. /0/!!..:aug: :sig552:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • SyntaxxSeven avatar
    SyntaxxSeven Joined 17y ago
    877 points Ranked 41821st
    access_time 17y
    Ranger, that's an exelent idea man. I may have something to add to the effect of the Flash bang no target script. 1: If Haunter were able to implement this feature into Counter-Life and have the Grunts "stunned" or temporaily vision impaired.. I could animate a custom animation for the effect of the flash bang being used against the grunts. Haunter has to script a sequence for a grunt to be looped in a grenade flee cycle for 3-5 seconds, correct? The same applies if he plans on using a notarget script. Either way, modifications need to be made in order to reference the Ai and the model itself. 2: I could take my HD grunt into 3D Studio max and create a special animation for the Flashbang effect. Have the grunt grab his face, shaking his head and also reference a sound within the sentence file. That way when he's hit, he screams and shakes his head, grabbing his eyes trying to run in circles or something -stumbling all over hell to get away from the player. During that time (3-5 seconds ) he could not attack. 3: Haunter could then impliment a reference into the Hgrunt.CPP file that allowed this new animation to be referenced whenever the radius effect of the Flashbang came into contact with the grunt. 4: During the proccess of this animation loop, Apply Ranger's no target idea to the grunt and have it end after a 3 seconds or whatever. I could even animate the new animation to last exactly 3 seconds, that way there is even a wear off effect of the flashbang. This way, after 2 seconds, he could appear completely stunned and the last second the animation shows him slowly comming out of it. By doing this, the grunts won't appear to instantly snap out of being blind and attacking the first hostile target within range. Realism, thats how I like it. Thats why you have me here, Haunter. To make contributions like this one. It may or may not be do able depending wether ot not Haunter can implement it. But, if the forum likes the idea, give me some feedback and I'll get crackin' on animating the sequence pronto.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Funster avatar
    Funster Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Well, ive gotten sven maps to work in CL, namely the Creepsworld mappack. Only problem is the lack of cash, and the lack of buy zones...i was thinking maybe have the buy menu accesable at all times maybe? And just increase the min, cash on the server...but..i wouldnt mind cheating either, doesnt matter too much in Sven, butI couldnt get and of the give commands to work in sven, is that just me???? Thanks for your replies guys...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Far Q avatar
    Far Q Joined 17y ago
    234 points Ranked 54504th
    access_time 17y
    I think that them running away like they do now is enough. If someone flashes me in CS, I try to get the hell out of there.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 19y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20281st
    access_time 17y
    Yep. I have been thinking about that. I even downloaded the POD source code. So, I'm thinking to see if any of them can be combined.
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

The Ranger avatar
The Ranger Joined 17y ago
506 points Ranked 45815th