Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

SourceMod:How to make custom model viewable to all

A Forum Thread for Team Fortress 2

No ads for members. Membership is 100% free. Sign up!

Hello I am having some trouble getting my model to be viewable to everyone on the server.

Hello again. The problem this time is that I am having trouble getting a custom item model to be viewable to everyone on a server. This server is running SourceMod, and I am making it for the owner. I don't really have that much experience with SourceMod, but here's what I know. 1] We have replaced one of valve's employe badges with this item. 2] The model is equippable through a !donor menu 3] Once equipped, the model is only visible to that player. If anyone has experience with this please reply. We've been trying to get this working for hours with no results...
  • birjolaxew avatar
    birjolaxew username pic Joined 9y ago
    4,335 points Ranked 1594th
    2 medals 1 legendary
    • 1st Place - Tutorial Contest Medal icon
    • Received thanks 5 times Medal icon
    access_time 7y
    What's your current code?
    Is the item only visible to the player that it is equipped on, or only you/anyone who previously downloaded the model?
    URL to post:
  • Kobalt Kitsune avatar
    Kobalt Kitsune Joined 7y ago
    106 points Ranked 68124th
    access_time 7y
    > **Posted by birjolaxew** > What's your current code?
    > Is the item only visible to the player that it is equipped on, or only you/anyone who previously downloaded the model? The current code for the .qc is this: $cd "C:\Users\DL\Desktop\tailmodels" $modelname "player\pf2\tails\tail_twilight.mdl" $model "body" "tail_twilight.smd" $cdmaterials "models\player\pf2\tails\twilight\" $cdmaterials "" $hboxset "default" $jigglebone "tail2" { is_flexible { tip_mass 50 yaw_stiffness 100 yaw_damping 3 pitch_damping 3 length 25 pitch_constraint -10 10 yaw_constraint -10 10 yaw_friction 2 pitch_friction 2 } } $jigglebone "tail3" { is_flexible { tip_mass 50 yaw_stiffness 100 yaw_damping 3 pitch_damping 3 length 25 pitch_constraint -10 10 yaw_constraint -10 10 yaw_friction 2 pitch_friction 2 } } $jigglebone "jiggle_tail1" { is_flexible { tip_mass 100 yaw_stiffness 100 yaw_damping 3 pitch_damping 3 length 25 pitch_constraint -10 10 yaw_constraint -10 10 yaw_friction 2 pitch_friction 2 } } $jigglebone "jiggle_tail2" { is_flexible { tip_mass 100 yaw_stiffness 100 yaw_damping 3 pitch_damping 3 length 25 pitch_constraint -10 10 yaw_constraint -10 10 yaw_friction 2 pitch_friction 2 } } $surfaceprop "plastic" $attachment "tail" "bip_pelvis" 0.00 0.00 0.00 rotate 0.00 0.00 0.00 $sequence idle "tail_twilight.smd" fps 30.00 As for the item, it is only visible to the player that has it equipped. I honestly have no idea how I'm going to fix this. I had originally thoyght that it was because of sv_pure or something, but that wasn't it either. :/
    URL to post:
  • RandomPerson78642 avatar
    RandomPerson78642 username pic Joined 7y ago
    4,319 points Ranked 1604th
    15 medals 1 legendary 2 rare
    • Reached 100 subscribers Medal icon
    • Reached 50 subscribers Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Tutorial Contest Entrant Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    access_time 7y
    I think he meant the code to the plugin. And remind me not go to _that_ server. XD I assume you got the model working?
    URL to post:
  • birjolaxew avatar
    birjolaxew username pic Joined 9y ago
    4,335 points Ranked 1594th
    2 medals 1 legendary
    • 1st Place - Tutorial Contest Medal icon
    • Received thanks 5 times Medal icon
    access_time 7y
    Yeah, I'm talking about what method you used to "equip" the item in the plugin.
    URL to post:
  • Ghost1229127 avatar
    Ghost1229127 Joined 9y ago
    Dave's Here
    4,940 points Ranked 1381st
    23 medals 1 legendary 3 rare
    • Became a Ripe Supporter Medal icon
    • Reached 50 subscribers Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • GAMEBANANA Spray Contest Entrant Medal icon
    • Tooler of the Month, January 2013 Medal icon
    access_time 7y
    Head over to forums.alliedmods.net, and post this question there. They're much more suited to help you with this.
    URL to post:
  • Kobalt Kitsune avatar
    access_time 7y
    > **Posted by SergeantJoe** > I think he meant the code to the plugin. > > And remind me not go to _that_ server. XD > > I assume you got the model working? No, I'm not quite there yet. I still need to fix the particle system, get a few more of the basic animations going, and find out why the model is causing TF2 to randomly crash (without displaying any error messages in the console) after a certain amount of time. Also, please remember all these mods I'm working on are in development, and are not actually implemented in the server. _Yet_ ;P > **Posted by birjolaxew** > Yeah, I'm talking about what method you used to "equip" the item in the plugin. I'll have to ask the server owner about that. I don't have access to the server files.
    URL to post:
  • Kobalt Kitsune avatar
    access_time 7y
    > **Posted by 404: User Not Found** > Head over to forums.alliedmods.net, and post this question there. > > They're much more suited to help you with this. Actually, I've already made a thread there. lol It's got 35 views so far, but no replies. https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=219602
    URL to post:
  • Kobalt Kitsune avatar
    access_time 7y
    Okay, so I found out the reason why it's not working. It's because valve banned server-side custom player attachments. If anyone has found a way to circumvent this please pm me.
    URL to post:

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Kobalt Kitsune avatar
Kobalt Kitsune