GameBanana shows no ads to members. Sign up now!
Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Can't enter servers

A Forum Thread for Team Fortress 2

Thanks to http://tf2.gamebanana.com/guis/23545 my tf2 is like broken

So basically i downloaded this http://tf2.gamebanana.com/guis/23545 and apon bootup it would stay at the menu for like 5 seconds then crash. I deleted the files it had and my tf2 could boot up. But then i tried to join a server and it would crash halfway down loading. And then i tried playing agiasnt bots and it loaded through resourses and then crashed. I havent played tf2 in 2 weeks and its killing me. I NEED HELLP Update: 7/8/13 Iv'e messed around with my files and iv'e pinned the problem. My custom/my_custom_stuff/models/weapons/c_models is doing it, and i don't know why. Any ideas? Update 8/9/13 A while ago i figured out it was this skin on facebanana, it was the non-love version of the insemenator.
  • Ghost1304625 avatar
    Ghost1304625 Joined 9y ago
    1,600 points Ranked 22,301st
    13 medals 1 rare
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Became a Studio Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    8y
    Try simply re-installing the game, after this you might still see the folder in steamapps/common, delete that after uninstalling, then reinstall and then validate the files, this should work.
    URL to post:
  • Big_Boss avatar
    Big_Boss Joined 9y ago
    2,950 points Ranked 20,119th
    8y
    or before reinstalling, try going to the game in your inventory, right click properties then do verify. When in doubt, verify. That dont work, do what the guy above said.
    Vault Dweller avatar
    Mantra
    Vault Dweller
    URL to post:
  • Uncle dolan avatar
    Uncle dolan Joined 8y ago
    217 points Ranked 58,668th
    8y
    > **Posted by *Wizard*BossN00b** > Try simply re-installing the game, after this you might still see the folder in steamapps/common, delete that after uninstalling, then reinstall and then validate the files, this should work. Done that before.
    BANNED
    URL to post:
  • Ganryu avatar
    Ganryu username pic Joined 11y ago
    Helpful Toastie Ripe Supporter Admin
    There.
    29,820 points Ranked 174th
    40 medals 6 legendary 10 rare
    • 15+ Entries! GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2015 Medal icon
    • Achieved Admin clearance Medal icon
    • Returned 5000 times Medal icon
    • Became a Ripe Supporter Medal icon
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 100 subscribers Medal icon
    Ganryu avatar
    Ganryu
    Helpful Toastie
    8y
    > **Posted by Big_Boss** > or before reinstalling, try going to the game in your inventory, right click properties then do verify. When in doubt, verify. That dont work, do what the guy above said. Verifying the integrity of the game cache is essentially the same as re-installing the game since it looks for any "damaged" files and immediately replaces them with new copies that should work. I'd say to check your network settings and make sure everything is set up correctly. If you recently installed any new anti-virus software, make sure the program actually recognizes TF2 and allows it.
    Rev up those G-Diffusers.
    URL to post:
  • Bucake avatar
    Bucake Joined 8y ago
    549 points Ranked 46,727th
    8y
    If you've done a complete reinstall already, but it still crashes on you, it might have to do with the settings in your registry or/and files that are being kept on steam cloud, which keep getting loaded automatically. [The first hit you get after googling "fully resetting tf2 settings"] will take you a thread on the official steam forums. **mreeuwij** gives a detailed description of how to get your tf2 back to default again. I had to use it myself once and I've kept steam cloud off since. I know reinstalling (again) can be quite a hassle, but I'd suggest to, at least, check out this thread :j best of luck EDIT: Alternatively, [the first hit you get after googling "tf2 fixes, tips & tricks"] might provide a solution. (Notice "TF2 Super fix" at the top.)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Uncle dolan avatar
    8y
    > **Posted by *Wizard*BossN00b** > Try simply re-installing the game, after this you might still see the folder in steamapps/common, delete that after uninstalling, then reinstall and then validate the files, this should work. Ive pinned it down and tested all my folders, it seems its something wrong in my c_models in my weapons folder. k wtf?
    BANNED
    URL to post:

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Uncle dolan avatar