Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

I need a animator - A Forum Thread for GameBanana

free one! XD

Hey, guys and ladies. I'm a indie gamedeveloper. I know to model, to uv map, to script and few other things. but, i'm a awful animator. i really suck (I tried). So, I'm developing few games. and need every kind of artist. but, as I said indie games. XD Thank you
  • birjolaxew avatar
    birjolaxew username pic Joined 11y ago
    7,370 points Ranked 1,140th
    2 medals 1 legendary
    • 1st Place - Tutorial Contest Medal icon
    • Received thanks 5 times Medal icon
    9y
    "XD" makes you seem unprofessional, unorganized and immature. We can see no examples of your work, no description of what you want (other than an animator - what type of animations?), overall, no reason to want to work with you. If you don't want to pay, finding someone dedicated will be incredibly difficult.
    • Agree x 2
    URL to post:
  • Maki Nishikino avatar
    Maki Nishikino Joined 10y ago
    2,412 points Ranked 21,543rd
    10 medals 1 rare
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    • 2 years a member Medal icon
    9y
    I agree with the above. You need to state what you need animated and give more information. You are giving us information that does not matter really. (not trying to sound like a jerk)
    URL to post:
  • Estevoo avatar
    Estevoo Joined 14y ago
    6,609 points Ranked 1,311th
    13 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    9y
    Well, perhaps I have been too vague on details. But, like I said: I'm Indie Developer. Which means, I'm not PRO and not looking for PRO's. I'm looking for people to get more knowledge for now, then, the money. And yes, I went "unorganized" when I forgot to put some contact. PM me, then we can talk more freely. PS: XD (I love that)
    Walker bait
    URL to post:
  • birjolaxew avatar
    birjolaxew username pic Joined 11y ago
    7,370 points Ranked 1,140th
    2 medals 1 legendary
    • 1st Place - Tutorial Contest Medal icon
    • Received thanks 5 times Medal icon
    9y
    I don't think indie means what you think it means. What you're thinking of is amateur. Someone's who's new/isn't in it for the money. Indie simply means you don't have a huge company to back you up. Now, beginner projects very, very rarely get finished, and with no indication of your work, or your dedication, gauging whether this is one of the few projects that are worth it to join is impossible. You're seriously giving too little detail, and too few examples. It looks to me like you don't want to use 10 minutes on writing a proper thread, and if you can't use 10 minutes on a thread, how can we trust you to use months on a game?
    • Agree x 1
    URL to post:
  • Estevoo avatar
    Estevoo Joined 14y ago
    6,609 points Ranked 1,311th
    13 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    9y
    Yeah, I think you're right. it's because I dont even know from where to start to write, you know. I got a few videos on the youtube, pretty basic. I will upload another one tomorrow. I'm doing this game all by myself. PS: thanks birjolaxew
    Walker bait
    URL to post:
  • Dr.iCe avatar
    Dr.iCe username pic Joined 14y ago
    Level Design Expert
    9,629 points Ranked 820th
    24 medals 2 legendary 2 rare
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    • Became a Studio Leader Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    Dr.iCe avatar
    Dr.iCe
    Level Design Expert
    9y
    then you should rather get into Modding first, decide what field you enjoy the most in the process and develop on the skills and software skills you need for that field.
    use an engine like CryEngine3, UDK etc. when modding. you can't just jump into making games, it takes a lot of time and effort
    URL to post: