Hello again and thanks for looking at my first thread here.
Sorry for my English.
3 years ago when FilePlanet was still functional, i saw a bunch of CS skin packs and i thought it would be great to have every single skin in 1 pack and publish it as an "Old-School series" skin pack.
I got tired of recollecting at the half of the job (found another folder with more skin packs and i gave up),
and what i got is a somewhat nasty directory with a bunch of skins and sounds separated by numbered folders and weapon name folders.
Another problem i found is that some of these packs did not included credits of the skins, and the ones who gave it made unable to find the author of their respective model, so i have a folder of ALL readmes that i collected.
- The pack weights around 285MB.
- Have an average of 7 skins (may be re-skins/re-textures/re-anims) per weapon type.(*)
- Required sounds of each weapon as were established for the makers of the pack.(*)
- Some Random HUD sprites (No weapon sprites).
- No player skins.
- No map related, gfx, config stuff.
I want to upload it here, for great justice. What i do?
Thanks in advance.
###### (*) folders can contain skins without sounds or sounds without skins since i looked for duplicates at the time.
You do understand what you have right? You probably have the worlds most bonerific files, known to man.
In all reality, depending on how many files you actually have, I would submit in a pack, with all the screenshots, etc. For the author part, i'd suggest trying to identify within a readme, maybe? If not, then give credit to FilePlanet.
> **Posted by Eugene**
> You do understand what you have right? You probably have the worlds most bonerific files, known to man.
And you are right.
I did this with the intention of first, not leave them into oblivion (Some models were fairly good at the time. it´s like history) second, maybe someone make a redux version of the guns (very unlikely) and third, this is what GameBanana is for. I really hope his site keeps online for a long time.
- Should i post them on Cs 1.5 section or Cs 1.6 (saw some 1.5 skins there. But remember, those ugly 1.5 hands are included).
- I´m gonna publish one set of weapons per submit, what´s the file max size here?
- The screenshots can take little time, but i really lack at making previews and i would like one. Wanna help?