Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Counter-Life High-Definition Upgrade...

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Alright, the pack is ready for download. Prepare for a challenge as Easy, Normal and Nightmare Difficulty level is going to bring new emphasis on stealth combat within Counter-Life. If you want to take on the Desert Recon full steam like a bat out of hell well... I'll save you a seat in the mourge along with my broken and battered carcas =P I suggest you try this mod with the intention of being a stealth operative, no rambo style tactics are going to help you here. I have included a detailed list of changes to the AI's weaponry and I suggest you read it before starting new game. This website is temporarily hosting the upgrade pack until it can be transfered to the main CL site and uploaded by AMX. But, you can download it here for now. I've spent a great deal of time making this pack, I hope you guys enjoy playing it as I won't have much time in the next few weeks to really work on HL oriented projects. But, I will be back! :D I plan on working on a few more release specific ventures with haunter for the next few beta releases of CL 5.5. So, expect to see more high quality work comming your way in the months to come. ************************** Please see the ladder posts of this thread to see what the status is on this project.
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 19y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20260th
    access_time 17y
    Actually, I'm refering to the rest who whines.*O.o Come on guys, try it out. Unless of course, you think you have a chance to compete with Seven. ^_^
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    19 medals 4 legendary 6 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 17y
    yes but u see the thing is that i can only use steves models and not valves cause i didnt install it correctly... I was commenting on steves part to the HD pack... Especially the sounds... Anyways have a good one fellas...
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 19y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20260th
    access_time 17y
    Would you people at least think before posting comments about the HD pack? Valve allows us to use their stuff or any other things as long we don't earn any profit from this.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 17y
    THE HD PACK IS GREAT!!! The grunts are beautiful! The Barney model is sexy!! Anyways i think i had a problem installing tho... In the readme it said i had to extract all the files to my HL installation folder. I did that and yes i removed the PAk files. Nothing happened though, so what i did was i replaced all the cl files by copy pasting the HDP files. It seems to work but my scientists are still the old models. Everything else is fine tho, like the grunts, barney and sound files... If anyone has any suggestions, especially u steve then plz help, or did i doit right???
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • NecroWraith avatar
    NecroWraith Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    /me seriously needs to get his FTP running properly.:D
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • SyntaxxSeven avatar
    SyntaxxSeven Joined 17y ago
    877 points Ranked 41754th
    access_time 17y
    Alright, unfortunetely due to the lack of available bandwith on the Angelfire site hosting the pack. It has been terminated by ANgel fire and is no longer available to download. I had a feeling this would happen and I apologize for the inconvienance. I'm still in the proccess of getting adiquate information from Haunter reguarding where to send this pack to AMX. It will be hosted on CL's mainwebsite through Barry's world FTP. I'm not sure how long this will take as I was expecteing it done already. But, I'll try to get it done as fast as I can. For those of you who actually had a successful download before the site was canned, please post your comments on what you thought here. Alot of people weren't able to download the file yet. Maybe you can give those others a little bit of commentary on what you thought, what you liked or disliked, etc. If you can offer sollutions to problems, constructive critocism on things that are not related to what color barney is or "preference"oriented color schemes, they would be appreciated.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • SyntaxxSeven avatar
    access_time 17y
    Syko, can you believe that fücking reject posting screenshots from his High-Efinition pack? The son of a bîtch swiped the textures from my Barney and then wrote his first post DIRECTLY tell me me a had made a pack for CL. Then 2-3 people respond to his posts asking if there were modeled from scratch or edited? What the fück are they smoking? If this is a gag of somekind, someone just joking arround - Response to this thread because it isn't funny at all. I mentioned SEVERAL times that I inluded the monster****, MONSTER models into my own release from the retail boxed Blueshift game to better round the full scheme. I also gace full credits to Valve for those models. If you guys are trying to say somthing about the pack, why be sarcasrtic? Especially you, Peril - You were a big supporter of this pack. I'm hoping that thread isn't a joke and is someone actually posting for real and just is a poor excuse for a modeler. But I'm noticing some things here that caught me eye, like the " I can't upload the file to any site because I don't have a host " style comment - That a joke? meant to mimick me? Whatever, guys. Post your responses here. This CLSH pack has got me suddenly curious as to what it actually is and why my textures are being used in it. I worked my @ss off to retuxture those models with alot of finesse and aot of fücking patience To sit here and post a screenshot of my barney reskin with new hands, green eyes and a helmet strap is a fücking slap in the face. Jesus, that pisses me off. I'm out for now, I'll post later on
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 17y
    NOOO what is wrong, i cant get the download, ure page isnt working ahhhh, hmm oh well i guess, and hope the problem will be resolved soon... Damn i was so excited to dowload and play it now... Anyways, im testing the OICW model at the moment, isnt bad... I will include a few screenshots so u guys will get a good view of it aswell...
    Bot Account
    URL to post:

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

SyntaxxSeven avatar