Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

CSHD pack will be released today!

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Ahh, saved by the bell. Gagsy has offered to upload the pack to the server for me. I'll be sending it to him today and hopefully have it online by later tonight. Heres a list of the changes to the format: REMEMBER, this upgrade is going to make the Hgrunts and Hasassins much more difficult to play against. If you don't want to use the new skill file that reflects there upgrades, you can delete the Skill configuration and restore the default if it is to hard. This release was designed for the exceptionally skilled player in mind. **************************************************** CLHD UPGRADE PACK: HGrunt & HAssassin Changes It is important to stress that both the high definition Hgrunt & HAssassin charactors now utilise the same ammunition as the player. This upgrade was intent on providing a serious challenge for the skilled player as the updated charactor weaponry and efficiency now equal that of the players own arsenal. **************************************************** WEAPON UPGRADE: (HGrunt) Colt M4/m203 Carbine (5x56mm) WEAPON DAMAGES: SKILL: DAMAGE(per bullet) Easy 7 - 1/3 of Player rated damage Normal 12 - 2/3 of Player rated damage Hard 17 - Full Equivilant to Player DESCRIPTION The Desert Recon Marine comes equipped with a Colt M4/M203 Assault Rifle and utilises the same 5x56mm round as the players own Colt M41A Carbine. **************************************************** WEAPON UPGRADE: (HGrunt) Benelli M4 Super90 (12GBuckshot) WEAPON DAMAGES: SKILL: DAMAGE(per bullet) Easy 7 - 1/3 of Player rated damage Normal 9 - 2/3 of Player rated damage Hard 11 - Full Equivilant to Player DESCRIPTION The Desert Recon Marine comes equipped with a secondary Benelli M4 Super90 and utilises the same 12 Guage Buckshot round as the players own Benelli M4 Super90. **************************************************** WEAPON UPGRADE: (HAssassin) Ingram MAC-10 (.45cal) WEAPON DAMAGES: SKILL: DAMAGE(per bullet) Easy 11 - 1/3 of Player rated damage Normal 16 - 2/3 of Player rated damage Hard 21 - Full Equivilant to Player DESCRIPTION The Black Operative Assassin now comes equipped with an Ingram MAC-10 and utilises the same .45 calibre round as the players own Ingram MAC-10. ****************************************************
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    19 medals 4 legendary 6 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 17y
    Oh and np steve, anything to help u and the community...
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 17y
    Hell its a pretty sweet weapon especially cause the bullets can lock on to their target or something like that??? Anyways i think if it gets used it will change warfare completly. Anyways, i posted a very brief review somewhere, i hope u guys like it and the pics...
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • NecroWraith avatar
    NecroWraith Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Man, I completly forgot about the OICW. What a sweet addition that would be! That thing is bad ***. Ever play Soldier of Fortune 2? :D
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • gagsy485 avatar
    gagsy485 Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Syntaxx could you login to yahoo plz, theres something I need to tell you.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • SyntaxxSeven avatar
    SyntaxxSeven Joined 17y ago
    877 points Ranked 41752nd
    access_time 17y
    Thanks for investing the time to look that information up for me, Syko. The OICW Smart Rifle is one of the advanced weapons created in the US Armed services Research and Development ventures for high powerered, multi-versatile weaponry. Thats why I was amazed to find out the grunts in Half Life 2 will be using them. It's such a sick looking weapon in real life, I can't wai to see if there's a possibility of creating the HL2 grunt for the original Half-Life
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 17y
    Oh and i just downloaded the OICW rifle from csnation to give it a test 2night. Ill give u a review of it 2morrow...
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 17y
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 17y
    BTW the model which i posted above was made by sixshooter. It may look the same as the one on games-fusion.net however if u look closely i think u might see a few tiny differences...
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 17y
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 17y
    URL to post:
  • SyntaxxSeven avatar
    access_time 17y
    By the way, who are you Doodle? I've never seen you post on any of my threads. The guys on my threads who normally provide me with suggestions are: Gagsy485, NecroWraith, Syco, End Of Days, Darkblade, The Ranger, Syko X and Peril These guys have been with me and helped to improve the content of my theme packs since the beginning and have seen every update, every bit of progress and have made suggestions to correct errors throughout. Now all of a sudden I've got a guy whom I've never seen marking on in here to say everything's backwards and inside out? BAH, lol. If you're going to post, make sure that you have read all the previous threads concerning my packs. That way you've got an idea of where the pack originated, what has been tried/changed/tested/passed/failed and integrated into the present pack it is now. I hope to hear future suggestions from you, but please keep them on a level I can actually implement into the mod. Things like having two Hgrunts are not possible and all of the other comments were merely your lack of preference. I won't just jump up and change all of those things because one person doesn't like the color scheme. I did however change it in the past due to many consistant suggestions from the above listed people. I've went through about 4 different weapons for the grunts, 3 different weapons for the asssassin - All changed due to the feedback on these forums. Anyways, I guess I've said my piece and you now know how to go about things. Look at all of NecroWraith's and Rangers posts. That'll give you an idea of how to to make a change in the pack. They asked for specific things, keeping in mind the reality of the game. They provided sugestions and critiques based off of real-world military and fictional Half-life enviroment schemes. All of this to an end, helped to shape this pack into the beast of a burly bastard it is. Play with the pack in game, experience the adrenaline rush of having dozens of bullets fly over your head - each with it's own high-quality ricochet, etc. New firing sounds for every weapon in the default CL arsenal have also been replaced wth real-life varients of those same weapons. This includes the AK47, MAC10, Mp5, and a dozen other weapons. As I said, don't knock it unless you've tried it. I hope everyone enjoys this pack and I want to personally thank everyone who participted in my forum threads who helped to better improve it along the way. I look forward to releasing more packs of this nature as future versions of Counter-Life are released. OH, one more thing - IF ANYONE can find a decent, 100% complete OICW Smart rifle model that doesn't have missing polygons or transparent vertexes, please post a download link. It needs to be a solid model, without a see through barrel like the one hosted on games-fusion.net. I'm working on re-creating the Half-Life 2 grunt for Half-Life. Thanks, all
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 17y
    Hell, this mod will be awesome, i dont care what others say. It is at least twice as good as the original halflife and the models look gorgeous, i dont see why others r complaining about them. Anyways, cant wait 2 play it :jump: :D
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • SyntaxxSeven avatar
    access_time 17y
    In response to your "pointers" The Assassin used the TMP in the last release. If you downloaded the CL beta 5.5 you can extract the Assassin from the original Pack that came with that install. The Assassin is not wearing NightVision Goggles because I purposely didn't put them on her. The Desert recon grunt SHOULD* have two sidearms because that's the way I designed him. He's not based off any real-life marine or standard trooper of anykind. He is a visualised creation of my imagination and will stay exactly as he is. I'm going to stress heavily with a very LARGE ammount of empahsis that there is no RIGHT or WRONG way these models should look. I looked at every model in the game and worked my *** off to come up with a suitably eye pleasing centralised color scheme that would enhance gameplay both visually and make the models seem much more realistic. I also did this while trying to stay as close nit with the original Half-Life universe as humanly possible. As for the color of his Uniform, Barney looks 10 times better then he ever did. I again ( purposely ) changed his color to reflect a bit of creaivity and add a bit of flavor to this pack. The Blue is old, stale and just plain stagnant to look at. It's about time that Barney had an eye pleasing face lift. I don't see what the problem is with all these Barney bashers. Did anyone stop and think that maybe I made him this color for a reason? Did anyone look at the scientist models? Did anyone notice that they adorn Scientists " Earth Tone" khacki pants and white shirts, somewhat darker then thier original low poly models? Well, my intention was to suitably mesh those same earth tone colors into the new Barney. Personally, Valve's default model can blow me. I'll never switch back. As for the general basis of your "pointers" I welcome your critocism, but you havn't even played the god damn mod yet or have seen anything within it first hand whatsoever. You havn't played with the new Assasins or Hgrunts. You havn't even seen barney in game. How the hell can you knock it if you havn't even tried it? Play the mod man, then post your comments. Make your critiques after you've actually had a chance to devote an hour or two playing it.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • NecroWraith avatar
    NecroWraith Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Yeah, I liked the TMP as well due to the tactical nature, but it's still cool.;)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • The Ranger avatar
    The Ranger Joined 17y ago
    506 points Ranked 45692nd
    access_time 17y
    That sounds absolutely kick-***. The stuff is improved while keeping the content within plausible limits. The weapon upgrades sound fun and very much in keeping with CL. Good work - can't wait to play it!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • darkblade avatar
    darkblade Joined 17y ago
    226 points Ranked 54789th
    access_time 17y
    Cl can't change models in-game, so you have to do it manually. Unfortunately you have to scrap the idea of having jungle ops hgrunt and desert ops grunt in the game at the same time.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 17y
    IT looks great, good work and I'm looking forward to downloading it, but a few points. 1. I think the Assassins should use the Styer Tactical Machine Pistol(T.M.P.) because that's the S.M.G. that I use when I'm feeling stealthy in C.S., it has a silencer, a very high rate of fire and and one of the fastest reload times in C.S. I think its purfect for those fast moving Assassins. 2. The Assassins should be wearing Infra Red goggles like the Half-Life defult model, I think it makes them look very badass. 3. The Desert Ops. Marine should only be wearing one sidearm. 4. The Black Mesa security guard should be wearing blue and not green but I can fix that by just keeping that great security guard model from Counter-Life Beta v5.5 so not a huge problem here. 5. If there is a way that you can do this you should try to make it so the Jungle Ops. model is the one that you incounter inside the Black Mesa subterranean facilitys and the Desert Ops. model is the one that you encounter topside because that would be very cool and it would add some veriaty too. 6. These should be the defult models(except for the security guard)in the next release of C.L. 7. And last but not least you should post a link to pictures of all the models so that people who haven't seen these great models yet can see all of them. But other than the above nitpicking this is a great pack and I look foward to downloading it. Thanks a lot for making it Syntaxx. :cool:
    Bot Account
    URL to post:

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

SyntaxxSeven avatar