Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

CS:GO Map tester needed

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Members see zero ads. Membership is 100% free

de_industrial (name TBD)

My map: [http://gamebanana.com/csgo/maps/167069](http://gamebanana.com/csgo/maps/167069 "http://gamebanana.com/csgo/maps/167069") Thread on steampowered.com [http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=1cef7844abd6510bd7a4f217aba4b862&t=2788226](http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=1cef7844abd6510bd7a4f217aba4b862&t=2788226 "http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=1cef7844abd6510bd7a4f217aba4b862&t=2788226") I need your help! Here is my map in beta phase, I want someone gives me feedback on gameplay, visual and bugs found. I want to improve my map. I myself can only test it with bots, I really want to know how real human play the map.

Replies

• Logan Dougall avatar
    Logan Dougall username pic Joined 13y ago
    Admin
    Half Life Storm Flag Affiliation: Half Life Storm
    20,221 points Ranked 253rd
    40 medals 3 legendary 9 rare
    • Achieved Admin clearance Medal icon
    • 500 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 50 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 100 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 200 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    Logan Dougall avatar
    Logan Dougall
    Half Life Storm Flag
    Affiliation
    Half Life Storm
    Admin
    access_time 7y
    You may want to consider a more unique map name. I've personally helped out 4 people with different maps, all called "de_industrial". While I don't own CS:GO, I can tell you that your texturing needs some work. For example, add a proper inner edging to your windows rather than have the entire brush textured with metal siding. A frame to go with would not be amiss either.
    Structural Designer / Dad :)
    URL to post:
  • rookiehy2 avatar
    rookiehy2 Joined 8y ago
    219 points Ranked 54590th
    access_time 7y
    thanks for the feedback! Improvement will be made in b2 version (also the name will be changed)
    :D
    URL to post:
  • Pingypoker avatar
    Pingypoker username pic Joined 8y ago
    10,976 points Ranked 519th
    15 medals 1 rare
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • GAMEBANANA Spray Contest Entrant Medal icon
    • Became a Studio Leader Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    access_time 7y
    I'm not sure whether or not the second one is a glitch or not, but I'd just like to show you it. The first and third are definitely unwanted though. Those were all that I could find. could this be exemplary? \:D/
    URL to post:
  • Mini avatar
    Mini username pic Joined 12y ago
    Modboy Manager Admin
    Always Watching
    24,344 points Ranked 211th
    50 medals 7 legendary 10 rare
    • 1st Place - Winter Sprays Contest Medal icon
    • Guardian of the Acid Milk Medal icon
    • Achieved Admin clearance Medal icon
    • Returned 5000 times Medal icon
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 2017 Top Contributor Medal icon
    Mini avatar
    Mini
    Community Wizard
    access_time 7y
    Had a quick look through and here were the things I found. You can get stuck between the container, the van and the invisible walls (1). From there and through the fence as well you can see a gap between the grass and tarmac (2). There are some air conditioners in odd places. These ones are facing straight into a wall, which I have a feeling would significantly reduce their ability to cycle air (3). These ones are on a warehouse with no front. Some how I don't think they would be needed on a warehouse (3.b). Theres a few more buildings like that but you get the idea. You can get out of the map by jumping onto some boxes then onto a wall (4). There are some texture issues. As well what logan mentioned about the doors, on this roof the textures are horizontal when the roof isn't (5). Here the two textures contradict each other of whether it should be vertical or horizontal (5.b). And finally on the side of this building the textures aren't lined up (5.c). Lastly this building seems to be built on a solid block of concrete? I'm not sure what's going on there, it doesn't make sense that they would make a huge block of concrete to then build a small building ontop of it (6). I only had a quick look around so I hope this helped. EDIT: I see Pingy got a few of them before me, I guess that's what I deserve for not refreshing the page for about an hour :P
    Sometimes I'm just not sure avatar
    Mantra
    Sometimes I'm just not sure
    URL to post:
  • rookiehy2 avatar
    rookiehy2 Joined 8y ago
    access_time 7y
    Thanks a lot!!! I love you guys you helped me a lot! I am fixing the bugs now. THANKS!
    URL to post:
  • I-Iybr1d avatar
    I-Iybr1d username pic Joined 13y ago
    3,842 points Ranked 2055th
    2 medals 1 rare
    • 3rd Place - Twisted Reality Mapping Contest Medal icon
    • 5th Place - Secret Society Mapping Contest Medal icon
    access_time 7y
    I'm not adding much to what was already said, but i would suggest you cover the road marks (with some litter for example) in the warehouse with the forklift, maybe adding some frames to some of the prop doors (as they are obviously glue to the walls) and add more detail to the cyan warehouse (the floor seems too bland...). I have just one question, are the shadows supposed to have 2 tones of shades? My game shows them having a central purple shadow with a thick normal black outline.
    Layedback Mapper avatar
    Mantra
    Layedback Mapper
    URL to post:
  • rookiehy2 avatar
    rookiehy2 Joined 8y ago
    access_time 7y
    > **Posted by I-Iybr1d** > I'm not adding much to what was already said, but i would suggest you cover the road marks (with some litter for example) in the warehouse with the forklift, maybe adding some frames to some of the prop doors (as they are obviously glue to the walls) and add more detail to the cyan warehouse (the floor seems too bland...). > > I have just one question, are the shadows supposed to have 2 tones of shades? My game shows them having a central purple shadow with a thick normal black outline. Thanks for the comment, I am improving the details now, also the lighting is more natural now. I think the map is almost stable for play, after improving all those detail things I may release a rc version next time :D
    URL to post:
  • sammy jerkins avatar
    sammy jerkins Joined 8y ago
    7,127 points Ranked 877th
    12 medals 1 rare
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 5 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    access_time 7y
    For your De_Firce map, does it only have one bombsite? if so then it'll be more of a deathmatch than a de... At least that's what i think.
    URL to post:
  • rookiehy2 avatar
    rookiehy2 Joined 8y ago
    access_time 7y
    > **Posted by SpaceBunneh** > For your De_Firce map, does it only have one bombsite? if so then it'll be more of a deathmatch than a de... At least that's what i think. Yes yes I understand, it provide a gameplay like a fy_ map more than a classical de_ map. I designed this map mainly for gun game/demolition mode. Actually I have the idea from the official maps in Demolition mode. For example, de_lake there is only one bombsite. This provide a fast-paced gameplay to the map, as the Terrorists can plant the bomb once they get in the center of the map, so that the remaining CTs must rush to the bombsite, making them unable to hide.
    URL to post:
  • sammy jerkins avatar
    sammy jerkins Joined 8y ago
    7,127 points Ranked 877th
    12 medals 1 rare
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 5 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    access_time 7y
    > **Posted by rookiehy2** > > **Posted by SpaceBunneh** > > > For your De_Firce map, does it only have one bombsite? if so then it'll be more of a deathmatch than a de... At least that's what i think. > > Yes yes I understand, it provide a gameplay like a fy_ map more than a classical de_ map. > > I designed this map mainly for gun game/demolition mode. Actually I have the idea from the official maps in Demolition mode. For example, de_lake there is only one bombsite. This provide a fast-paced gameplay to the map, as the Terrorists can plant the bomb once they get in the center of the map, so that the remaining CTs must rush to the bombsite, making them unable to hide. Eh im more of a two bombsite kinda guy.
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

rookiehy2 avatar
rookiehy2 Joined 8y ago