Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Counter-Shift

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

I read the Thread about Counter-Force and I agree that you just can't get through it without that barnacle weapon the 'spring loaded grappling hook' idea sounds pretty good though. I don't think you need the displacer though since I can buy just about all the health, armour and ammo that I need if I've got enough cash and a med unit or H.E.V. unit i can get access to and the weapon part of it can be filled in by any of C.S.'s weapons so no problem there. Hopefully the A.I. problem could be fixed with alittle bit of time and work, but anyway I see what the problem's are and I agree with them for the most part but it got me thinking....what about Blue-Shift? Blue-Shift was origanaly made by Gearbox as a bonus mode for the Dreamcast port of Half-Life so it only uses the defult H.L. weapondry and none of Opposing-Forces and it doesn't even use all H.L.'s weapons infact the only non-human weapon that gets used by Barney are some snarks and those can only be found in a secret area near the very end, I think C.S.'s weapons should fit perfectly into Blue-Shift, so why not make Counter-Shift?
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 19y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20261st
    access_time 17y
    Unfortunately, Gearbox isn't willing to part with their SDK.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    19 medals 4 legendary 6 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 17y
    You can't modify Blue-Shift that's a shame because I really enjoyed B.S. I don't think it deserves half the critacisem that it's gotten(ut-oh entering fanboy mode). I think I enjoyed it better than then Half-Life or Opposing-Force on a minuite by minuite bases, I mean don't get me wrong I loved H.L. for having a big long F.P.S. campagine that takes a few days to compleate and nothing topps it on my list except System Shock 2. And I loved O.F. for the new weapons and the fact that I got to run around with a small army of allied marine bots at my back(at least when they wern't getting stuck on somthing). Yes B.S. was very short, but with the other two I felt like things were happening around me and I couldn't effect them even if I wanted to but in B.S. I felt like things were happening TO me just like in SS2 the scientists talked right to me and they had names and I really cared about what happened to the chareicters and we(yes we)were haching this crazy plot to escape....it was great!, and now your going to tell me that there is no way in hell to make Counter-Shift even if someone wanted to? Wow that's a bummer has anyone tryed e-mailing Gearbox and asking if there is anyway that they can think of to mod it? I mean there the ones who made it after all. alright I'm done, now I haveto go off somewhere's and feel bad cause I was all hyped up about C.S. *sigh* :(
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 17y
    **** that sux cause blue shift was rather fun, those 2 hrs it took to beat it... In terms of gameplay it was better than halflife cause u basically are a trigger happy barney who only gets plenty of enemies to shoot at... Would there b any way to at least try making counter-shift??? Oh and in terms of Counter-force, u could simply edit the parts in the levels which need the barnacle, make bridge or something like that??? Just a suggestion
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • peril avatar
    peril Joined 18y ago
    254 points Ranked 53236th
    access_time 17y
    Blue Shift isn't moddable. It's different to normal HL in some way which means it doesn't accept mods. Pluis, there's no BS SDK. :(
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Guest avatar
Guest Joined 14y ago