Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

TO ALL: Concerning High-Definition C...

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Alright ladies and gents, the website has been updated with several new model screenshots from the High-Definition pack for Counter-Life. This new pack boasts a ton of new sound FX, highquality models, new sprites, blood and gore enhancements incuding new giblet models for both alien and human entities and much, much more. This package also includes all of the monster class unit models from Valve's high-definition upgrade for Half-Life, Opposing Force and Blueshift. In combination with my latest models, these Valve monster will deliver a well rounded and complete total replacement for all of almost all of the Half-Life unit entities. I've also been tempted to remodel some of the larger class enemy monster entities such as Garg with new updated textures and a more shall we say.. unique appearance. The garg model isn't for sure, but I may decide to include a new version with this pack. The number of days remaining before it's release are going quickly, this package is getting larger every day. the more creative things I can think of, the more I'll add in the compilation proccess. If you have the time, PLEASE look at the website and state your opinions here. Not all of the model screenshots have been uploaded as of yet but there's a pretty good base ready for you all to see for now. The website is located at: As always, constructive critocism is welcomed. I'll be more then glad to impliment any Forum based idea into the project wherever I can ( if Possible for me to do ) Thanks again for the continued support of my Counter-Life replacemernt packs and I wish all of you a very postal, frag happy weekend.
  • End Of Days avatar
    End Of Days Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    WOW. The Grunt look awesome. A major improvment fo the original grunt of HL. I might use those new ones for normal HL and CL. Barney lok great too.... well everything looks great.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    19 medals 4 legendary 6 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 17y
    I just realised that u pulled everything out of the old HL engine. These models are so perfect and well designed that it is hard to believe that more can be done. Congrats on ure modelling skills m8:jump:
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • BigHeadCrab avatar
    BigHeadCrab Joined 18y ago
    174 points Ranked 58716th
    access_time 17y
    After seeing *this*, I got a personal question; Why the did you waste your time on LAPD pack? To make us suffer? :D
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 17y
    OOOH u im sooo excited for this new pack, all in jungle green hehe. I still think armpatches would be cool but damn those grunts look good. I cant wait to kill me some of those. I could hardly eat any lunch. Dude your work is so fine. I wish i could do that... Anyways thx for all u have done m8 and peace be with u! BTW i dont have any probs with a darker Barney, as i said some change is good, thats why i also liked ure swat pack... Syko X :jump:
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • SyntaxxSeven avatar
    SyntaxxSeven Joined 17y ago
    877 points Ranked 41754th
    access_time 17y
    Barney's new darker appearance is much better then the original and trust me when I say that no more detail can be sqeueezed into him. Unfortunetely, I can't scale the textures on Barney to higher resolutions without decompiling and recompiling him. By haveing to recompile him it will create clipping errors in game and he won't be able to perform scripted sequences without floating through walls, etc. I mean, I could have Barney as detailed as the new Hgrunt marines but if I did, I'd have everyone complaining for the next six months about how he clips through walls. Barney is fine. Right now the level of texure detail is the max I can do. Even working with such a limited texture size, he looks fücking fantastic. I don't think that anyone will be complaining because he's not some eye irritating blue anymore. If they do, well.. Hey, I have an idea! Don't use my pack! =) If you don't like it, you can always switch back to craptastic low polygone models. it makes no difference to me. Personally, after this pack is released, I never plan on changing the models afterwords. The charactor detail in this pack is 10 fold the detail that Valve originally had. So, with that in mind - I'm happy with my progress.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • SyntaxxSeven avatar
    access_time 17y
    Alright, here it is, the final version of the Hgrunt. I won't be changing anything on him now, I spent hours on end making this last version exactly as I envisioned it for a military, "jungle" style Recon Marine. I'm hoping to get nothing but good feedback on this model because I really don't think god himself could make this look anymore realistic then it already is. The texures are beautiful in game, seemless and crystal clear.. When I finished this model I was in awe. He's a beast of a bad a$$, check it out at: Feat your eyes on this work of art :D
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • SyntaxxSeven avatar
    access_time 17y
    Just for the sake letting everyone know, those grunts have been eradicated. I just finished the finalised - non-alterable version of the grunts. They're so detailed that you zoom in on them in a modeler and see the metal in there belt clips, the buckles connecting the straps to thier damn vests. I've only got one statement, if there is even one person in this forum that says this grunt or any of the models in this pack ( ONCE SEEN in a modeler ) are in any way - not detailed or low quality, you're full of shît. I looked at both models and I'm sorry to say but Valve doesn't have shît on this pack. The models are smooth as silk, no bugs, no clipping errors. They're perfect. The detail is so fine tuned that it hurts my eyes looking at them. You see them on a website where a picture is not the same as seeing up close, zooming alllll the way in and looking at those hard to see details. When this pack is released, Counter-Life is going to one of the slickest looking mods available today.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 17y
    Ok, just checked out the page and i must say, good job. Here is what i think: Scientists: Return to standard, good good Barney: Well done, just that Barney is Barney and u cant change him, the dark color is a matter of taste, i prefer the blue typical security guard style but this will be good 4 a change. Female Assassin: Looks good, i like everything except the mac10/Uzi they r using. You should give them a silenced Pistol, not the Glock which they had but maybe some other silenced gun like a berretta. A silenced mp5 would be nice aswell. All in all the assassins look good enough to kill and go by...naked ones wouldnt be bad either hehe:cheesy: Soldiers (Tactical and Assault): These fellers look good. Good but simple. They have no details whatsoever. The guns they hold though are amazing, just like the Assault Rifle of beta 5.5. Good job on that one. Like bigheadcrab suggested, a belt and gun holster would be good to cover the empty waist and below region. You could also include armpaatches just to make another goody for the eye. Also ranking signs might not be bad. Lets say the soldiers wearing helmets are corporals meaning they get 2 arrows, the berettas get 3 and so on. Anyways, by adding a few more details to the solders, they might not look as boring. All in all its a great job tho and looks cool. HEV Suit: Looks cool, but its meant to be a suit tho and not a vest. Would be cool if you could make a real suit, like that of the Devgru 6 or gsg-9. Also i dont really like the helmet, once again thats a matter of opinion tho. Anyways i hope u dont take this as a critique cause i love counter-life and im just trying to help make it better. The highdef pack promises to be good, but keep in mind, it could be better. Anyways Keep up the good work, we are all supporting u and ure team. Syko X
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • BigHeadCrab avatar
    BigHeadCrab Joined 18y ago
    174 points Ranked 58716th
    access_time 17y
    all right what I think; Scientist whould have a little more difference. Just like they may have some gear like googles, gloves... or even some of fancy stuff that the geek had in U2. Barney... I hate them :P But with their 57 and a darker skin they became loveable. However their armor could be better with less detail. Black Op Assains, I'd rather like to see them without armor. Grunts doesn't look that nice to me. Their lower parts are too empty. What I say add belt, and a holster (and a pistol (desert eagle, barretta:P). And remove the googles put Night Vision googles instead. Also give them SG552 or FN Fal that would look really nice. Shotgun is cool :P HEV replacement... well... I really don't see a reason for it... But if you have time to spare how about a complete outfit?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • The Ranger avatar
    The Ranger Joined 17y ago
    506 points Ranked 45705th
    access_time 17y
    New grunts look sweet.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • darkblade avatar
    darkblade Joined 17y ago
    226 points Ranked 54813rd