Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Online gaming issues - A Forum Thread for GameBanana

I haven't been able to play for a few days now.

I seem to be having an odd issue when playing games online. I seem to be having rather obstructive connection issues which can be described as odd, I'm experiencing a ton of lag and I'm warping around in whatever environment I'm in, regardless of the game and yet my ping is relatively low, something along the lines of 20. I have been having some odd issues with my connection altogether, my connection cuts out at times (something which I suspect is my ISP their fault) but that's usual in the early hours of the morning. The real problem however lies in the fact that playing online games has been nearly impossible for the past few days, I'm at home with a back injury and one of my only possibilities of doing anything is sort of 'ruined' by these massive lag spikes. What I'm experiencing is pretty straight forward, I tried playing a game of BF 3 and when the loading is done you ussually see a blinking square and you're greeted with the spawn menu almost instantaneously. In my case the square keeps on blinking despite the fact that I can hear fighting in the background (though it is obviously lagging, you can hear planes fly by and someone shooting a rifle for minutes) after that I'm usually booted by Origin, telling me I was disconnected from EA or that my connection with the server timed out. When I pick servers with fewer people I have the same issue but I manage to connect to a game now and then. I am however being teleported all over the map and it is therefore unplayable. Oddly enough my ping is always around 20-30. I experience heavy lag in other games as well, it seems to improve after a bit, but the ping I have is still low. I've been playing some games with hamachi with my brother lately, and even there I'm experiencing some issues. I'm not sure what's causing it and perhaps I'm looking at the wrong info (ping) and something else might be causing this altogether, I'm ill-educated when it comes to internet connections and i don't know much besides the basics. TL;DR: weird connection problems, huge lag and yet I have a reasonable ping.
  • BrainZ avatar
    BrainZ username pic Joined 14y ago
    16,694 points Ranked 437th
    27 medals 1 legendary 5 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 5 Tools Medal icon
    • Submitted 15 Mods Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Mods Medal icon
    10y
    If you have Telenet and you're using the wireless from the router/modem combi, it might be that, depending on which model you have. I've had issues with the previous model, the latest model they give is a lot better.
    gone avatar
    Mantra
    gone
    URL to post:
  • Colt_ avatar
    Colt_ Joined 15y ago
    3,786 points Ranked 2,782nd
    20 medals 1 legendary 4 rare
    • Submitted 50 WiPs Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    10y
    > **Posted by BrainZ** > If you have Telenet and you're using the wireless from the router/modem combi, it might be that, depending on which model you have. I've had issues with the previous model, the latest model they give is a lot better. It's been fine up to the point I've been using Hamachi. I'd be surprised if either is the culprit. I'll look into the router issue.
    So we can post anything here? avatar
    Mantra
    So we can post anything here?
    URL to post:
  • robin avatar
    robin Joined 15y ago
    Hibernating
    16,210 points Ranked 449th
    38 medals 4 legendary 10 rare
    • Submitted 100 Maps Medal icon
    • Became a Ripe Supporter Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Achieved Super Moderator clearance Medal icon
    10y
    > **Posted by Colt_** > > **Posted by BrainZ** > > > If you have Telenet and you're using the wireless from the router/modem combi, it might be that, depending on which model you have. I've had issues with the previous model, the latest model they give is a lot better. > > It's been fine up to the point I've been using Hamachi. I'd be surprised if either is the culprit. I'll look into the router issue. Dude if your not using hamachi that much uninstall it, it fucked me over a lot. I also had problems with my connection when I had eset nod32 installed, I didnt know how to configure it to work right so I just got rid of it.
    Senior Moderator avatar
    Mantra
    Senior Moderator
    URL to post:
  • Colt_ avatar
    Colt_ Joined 15y ago
    3,786 points Ranked 2,782nd
    20 medals 1 legendary 4 rare
    • Submitted 50 WiPs Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    10y
    I was using hamachi a lot but uninstalled it nonetheless. The problem persists. I think I'll contact my provider.
    So we can post anything here? avatar
    Mantra
    So we can post anything here?
    URL to post:
  • ResidentEvil91 avatar
    ResidentEvil91 username pic Joined 15y ago
    1,088 points Ranked 26,748th
    13 medals 3 rare
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    10y
    if you are on wireless. Try to plugin. Update all drivers, check updates for your windows, go to internet settings and disable wlan search and sharing, shutdown torrent and do running programs check with google if you have some malware running, also do full virus scan, defrag your computer, search errors from disc, try to reset your modem, remove unneeded programs from startup, borrow modem\router from friend, make sure you have space on hdd... Ran out of ideas. Last idea: install windows again, if you dont have w7 yet, id suggest you to buy it. Lets hope that you find and fix the problem. :)
    Dont say it.. We know it alrea avatar
    Mantra
    Dont say it.. We know it alrea
    URL to post: