Need Weapon Tutorial

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Condition Zero

Hey, you! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Preedne points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Sound fun?

Already a Bananite? Login

Need Assistance in creating weapon...Or perhaps basic knowledges...

I need a basic tutorial/tutorial on how to create my own weapon,by "weapon" i mean an overhaul of the weapon,modelling,skinning,animating,compiling and so on... I have already searched the net about it,but so far i have only found source tutorial and some modifying tutorial...So...Here i am asking for your help...Consider modelling done as i think i can handle the weapon's model myself,I'm kinda messing up with the,is that wrapping or unwrapping thing that is somehow connected to skinning...then comes the animation,but i think i can copy animation from the default CS:CZ animations,for now that is...Then comes this compiling,i just can't figure out where to get those .smd files for my own weapon for compiling,but as far as my knowledge goes i think that those files are the result of all the previous steps yes?I'm trying to use Google SketchUp 8(free version) for creating my weapon model but I'm having trouble on what to do next after i have converted the files to .smd...If you could also suggest some neat softwares there that i could use in the process,that would be great...Consider out Compiler and Decompiler as i think mines works fine...Thanks in advance...

• 6y
    Blur. avatar
    Blur. avatar online
    Destiny Flag Affiliation: Destiny
    Moderator Joined 6y
    15,916 points Ranked 269th
    30 medals 1 legendary 6 rare
    • Reached 100 subscribers Medal icon
    • 2nd Place - Toy Time Studio Contest Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • 8-14 Entries! GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2016 Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 WiPs Medal icon
    • Reached 50 subscribers Medal icon
    Blur. avatar
    Blur.
    Destiny Flag
    Destiny
    GameBanana Tumblr Rep
    tbh, if you *do* manage to learn all that you wouldn't be at home but at a job for EA or something.

Though it's almost impossible to be good at texturing/modelling/uvmapping at the speed your working at. You need to have 5+ years experience.

Though for tuts, search on here and CDG also. And for modelling, just learn on youtube.
    Her voice could calm oceans.
  • 6y
    Corvalho avatar
    Corvalho avatar elsewhere
    Apocalyptic Flag Affiliation: Apocalyptic
    Moderator Joined 7y
    39,436 points Ranked 103rd
    69 medals 14 legendary 15 rare
    • 1st Place - Oddities Skinning Contest Medal icon
    • 1st Place - Powerful Tools Skinning Contest Medal icon
    • 1st Place - Summertime Skinning Contest Medal icon
    • 1st Place - L4D2 Skinning Contest Medal icon
    • 1st Place - Sci-Fi Concepts Contest Medal icon
    • 1st Place - Halloween Skinning Contest 2014 Medal icon
    Corvalho avatar
    Corvalho
    Apocalyptic Flag
    Apocalyptic
    you can learn some of those skills, join a studio, work in team to create ur skins, I mean, you don't need to know everything.

unwrapping - basically unwrapping your 3d mesh into a 2d surface, so you can paint the textures over it.
    Mantra
  • 6y
    Preedne avatar
    Preedne Offline
    Member Joined 6y
    > **Posted by Blur.**

> tbh, if you *do* manage to learn all that you wouldn't be at home but at a job for EA or something.
    >
    > Though it's almost impossible to be good at texturing/modelling/uvmapping at the speed your working at. You need to have 5+ years experience.
    >
    > Though for tuts, search on here and CDG also. And for modelling, just learn on youtube.

It's not that kind of knowledge i am looking for...I'm not planning on learning all of them with one go...What i am asking is just some basic knowledge of creating model.To be exact i just want to learn how to use my model to CS:CZ or perhaps,how to put my model to CS:CZ and make it work...That is all...I don't need to have those fancy animations just yet,as i will still have to learn it...For now i guess ill just copy and use the default animations,and the other necessary files needed besides my weapon model itself...Thanks for the response...
    Bananite
  • 6y
    Blur. avatar
    Blur. avatar online
    Destiny Flag Affiliation: Destiny
    Moderator Joined 6y
    15,916 points Ranked 269th
    30 medals 1 legendary 6 rare
    • Reached 100 subscribers Medal icon
    • 2nd Place - Toy Time Studio Contest Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • 8-14 Entries! GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2016 Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 WiPs Medal icon
    • Reached 50 subscribers Medal icon
    Blur. avatar
    Blur.
    Destiny Flag
    Destiny
    GameBanana Tumblr Rep
    It's not as easy as that. Copy + pasting doesn't work and never will.
    Her voice could calm oceans.
  • 6y
    Preedne avatar
    Preedne Offline
    Member Joined 6y
    > **Posted by Corvalho**

> you can learn some of those skills, join a studio, work in team to create ur skins, I mean, you don't need to know everything.
    >
    > unwrapping - basically unwrapping your 3d mesh into a 2d surface, so you can paint the textures over it.

Thanks for that,really helped me out...At least i now have an idea of what that is and what that step is all about...And Blur thanks for the info...
    Bananite

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Preedne avatar
Preedne Offline
Member Joined 6y