Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Anyone buying CS:GO?

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Members see zero ads. Membership is 100% free
I will buy the game but the system requirements are fcking hilarious! -Intel CPU - Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz -AMD CPU - Athlon 7750 Dual Core -Nvidia GFX Card - GeForce GTS 240 -ATI GFX Card - Radeon HD 3870 -RAM (Memory) - 3 GB -Hard Disk Space - 5 GB -Direct X - 9 (dx10- - and dx11 supported?) But this specs are to be predicted and I hope they optimize the game and wtf CS:GO on console??!! wtf Vavle are becoming money whores!!

Replies

• Judo avatar
    Judo Joined 13y ago
    314,415 points Ranked 8th
    18 medals 4 rare
    • Reached 75,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 200,000 Points Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    Judo Technical Expert
    access_time 8y
    What's hilarious about those requirements? Why would anyone care if D3D10 or D3D11 were used? In what sense would that make them "money whores?" To answer your question, though, no I do not plan on getting the game.
    ?????? avatar
    Mantra
    ??????
    URL to post:
  • Doktor haus avatar
    Doktor haus username pic Joined 9y ago
    Destiny Flag Affiliation: Destiny
    19,699 points Ranked 269th
    26 medals 1 legendary 5 rare
    • Reached 100 subscribers Medal icon
    • 3rd Place - Original Weapons Skinning Contest Medal icon
    • Reached 50 subscribers Medal icon
    • Received thanks 50 times Medal icon
    Doktor haus avatar
    Doktor haus
    Destiny Flag
    Affiliation
    Destiny
    access_time 8y
    Valve are **becoming** money whores? Look at TF2's trading system. They already are, and they've turned the players into capitalist fucktards as well.
    L4D2 modder avatar
    Mantra
    L4D2 modder
    URL to post:
  • Eugene avatar
    Eugene username pic Joined 14y ago
    8,278 points Ranked 735th
    20 medals 2 legendary 2 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    • GAMEBANANA Spray Contest Entrant Medal icon
    access_time 8y
    > **Posted by Doktor Haus** > Valve are **becoming** money whores? Look at TF2's trading system. They already are, and they've turned the players into capitalist fucktards as well. I love peoples arguments against big companies. What you're saying is that if you owned valve, all of the games would be free2play and everyone would start out with all of the hats and can download them for free? Come on now, they need to make some sort of profit and the trade system happens to be a successful money intake. If it didn't work, no one would buy anything... But somehow people buy a bunch of items a day.
    this site is dead avatar
    Mantra
    this site is dead
    URL to post:
  • Doktor haus avatar
    Doktor haus avatar
    Doktor haus
    Destiny Flag
    Affiliation
    Destiny
    access_time 8y
    Nope, I'm saying that if you pay for a game you should **get** the game, not pay for little tidbits of shit you could get here on GB absolutely free. Of course you never **have** to buy any items.
    L4D2 modder avatar
    Mantra
    L4D2 modder
    URL to post:
  • Amen avatar
    Amen username pic Joined 14y ago
    3,559 points Ranked 2257th
    18 medals 2 legendary 3 rare
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    • Became a Game Pioneer Medal icon
    • Jellyfish Short Story Entrant Medal icon
    access_time 8y
    > **Posted by Doktor Haus** > Nope, I'm saying that if you pay for a game you should **get** the game, not pay for little tidbits of shit you could get here on GB absolutely free. Of course you never **have** to buy any items. Before I make my post, sorry if you get an eventlog saying I edited your post. I accidentally did edit instead of reply the first time. Except if you got them here no one else could see them. The Item store is a great way for them to make money without screwing over gameplay. Plus, here's a big plus of it for customization community. People that make items that Valve decide to put up on the store get part of the money. People have made a good amount of money from this and so have Valve, and they deserve that. Also, the opening post on this thread is full of herp and derp. Onoes, they are going to let console players play a game too? THOSE FUCKING GREEDY WHORES. How could they let non-pc players play one of their games? Blasphemy I say! You're a fucking idiot.
    • Agree x 2
    • Win x 2
    • Helpful x 2
    • Interesting x 3
    Eater of Bananas avatar
    Mantra
    Eater of Bananas
    URL to post:
  • Doktor haus avatar
    Doktor haus avatar
    Doktor haus
    Destiny Flag
    Affiliation
    Destiny
    access_time 8y
    > **Posted by Amen** > > **Posted by Doktor Haus** > > > Nope, I'm saying that if you pay for a game you should **get** the game, not pay for little tidbits of shit you could get here on GB absolutely free. Of course you never **have** to buy any items. > > Before I make my post, sorry if you get an eventlog saying I edited your post. I accidentally did edit instead of reply the first time. > > > Except if you got them here no one else could see them. > The Item store is a great way for them to make money without screwing over gameplay. Plus, here's a big plus of it for customization community. People that make items that Valve decide to put up on the store get part of the money. People have made a good amount of money from this and so have Valve, and they deserve that. > > Also, the opening post on this thread is full of herp and derp. > > Onoes, they are going to let console players play a game too? THOSE FUCKING GREEDY WHORES. How could they let non-pc players play one of their games? Blasphemy I say! > You're a fucking idiot. Well, yeah, you're right. It is a great way for skinners to get recognition and payoff. What I don't like is "You must buy this game NOW to get this item" (which sometimes makes it ridiculously overpriced for that reason alone) or "You must buy 200 stamps to get this", or the whole issue of crates in general. **Someone** has to pay for keys. It's probably not Valve's fault in particular that most traders are backstabbing capitalist snakes, all in pursuit of... hats. Yeah, if you can't tell I used to be familiar with that. :P
    L4D2 modder avatar
    Mantra
    L4D2 modder
    URL to post:
  • Pingypoker avatar
    Pingypoker username pic Joined 8y ago
    10,976 points Ranked 528th
    15 medals 1 rare
    • Became a Studio Leader Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    access_time 8y
    I'm definitely buying it, my computer would literally explode if I tried to run it, but, I'll eventually get a new one.
    URL to post:
  • Win-Zip avatar
    Win-Zip username pic Joined 11y ago
    Damage Inc. Flag Affiliation: Damage Inc.
    5,751 points Ranked 1138th
    17 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 5 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    Win-Zip avatar
    Win-Zip
    Damage Inc. Flag
    Affiliation
    Damage Inc.
    access_time 8y
    My answer to your main question: yea, I plan on buying the game. And I don't get what's funny about the requirements...
    Waiting For The Sandman avatar
    Mantra
    Waiting For The Sandman
    URL to post:
  • Amen avatar
    access_time 8y
    > **Posted by Doktor Haus** > > **Posted by Amen** > > > > **Posted by Doktor Haus** > > > > > Nope, I'm saying that if you pay for a game you should **get** the game, not pay for little tidbits of shit you could get here on GB absolutely free. Of course you never **have** to buy any items. > > > > Before I make my post, sorry if you get an eventlog saying I edited your post. I accidentally did edit instead of reply the first time. > > > > > > Except if you got them here no one else could see them. > > The Item store is a great way for them to make money without screwing over gameplay. Plus, here's a big plus of it for customization community. People that make items that Valve decide to put up on the store get part of the money. People have made a good amount of money from this and so have Valve, and they deserve that. > > > > Also, the opening post on this thread is full of herp and derp. > > > > Onoes, they are going to let console players play a game too? THOSE FUCKING GREEDY WHORES. How could they let non-pc players play one of their games? Blasphemy I say! > > You're a fucking idiot. > > Well, yeah, you're right. It is a great way for skinners to get recognition and payoff. What I don't like is "You must buy this game NOW to get this item" (which sometimes makes it ridiculously overpriced for that reason alone) or "You must buy 200 stamps to get this", or the whole issue of crates in general. **Someone** has to pay for keys. It's probably not Valve's fault in particular that most traders are backstabbing capitalist snakes, all in pursuit of... hats. Yeah, if you can't tell I used to be familiar with that. :P It is getting scary how many games come with TF2 stuff, but it doesn't bother me. If they start doing a whole 'pay to win' thing where you can buy really powerful shit that you can't get in any other way then I'd rage cocks, but I don't think Valve would do that.
    Eater of Bananas avatar
    Mantra
    Eater of Bananas
    URL to post:
  • danaw167 avatar
    danaw167 Joined 8y ago
    101,706 points Ranked 33rd
    access_time 8y
    > **Posted by Amen** > If they start doing a whole 'pay to win' thing where you can buy really powerful shit that you can't get in any other way then I'd rage cocks, but I don't think Valve would do that. It's pretty hard to unbalance TF2 completely, simply because of how it's balance has already be designed. And besides, servers would probably just disable those "pay-to-win" weapons. Hell, about a sixth of the non-Valve servers disabled the Cow Mangler until Valve nerfed it (actually, I think some of those servers _still_ don't let you use it), and people running around pwning with them in other servers would get votekicked by the other players right quick. I probably wouldn't even care if they started selling retardedly OP weapons that you couldn't find or craft. I'd still kick their shit.
    Too lazy to make a Upic. avatar
    Mantra
    Too lazy to make a Upic.
    URL to post:
  • Blur. avatar
    Blur. username pic Joined 9y ago
    16,328 points Ranked 329th
    30 medals 1 legendary 6 rare
    • 2nd Place - Toy Time Studio Contest Medal icon
    • 8-14 Entries! GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2016 Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 WiPs Medal icon
    Blur. avatar
    Blur.
    Destiny Flag
    Affiliation
    Destiny
    GameBanana Tumblr Rep
    access_time 8y
    I would :D
    Her voice could calm oceans.
    URL to post:
  • Deusion avatar
    Deusion Joined 10y ago
    1,154 points Ranked 23209th
    12 medals 3 rare
    • 2nd Place - Steampunk Pyro Skinning Contest Medal icon
    • 3rd Place - L4D2 Skinning Contest Medal icon
    • 5th Place - Historical Weapons Skinning Contest Medal icon
    access_time 8y
    After looking at this Jonny-Higgins will say, 'Oh God, if Valve sees this post, they'll stop giving interviews to us. I need to stop this.'
    Schizophrenia is man's best fr avatar
    Mantra
    Schizophrenia is man's best fr
    URL to post:
  • Decemberklar avatar
    Decemberklar username pic Joined 13y ago
    9,657 points Ranked 604th
    26 medals 1 legendary 6 rare
    • 25 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2017 Day Eighteen Winner! Medal icon
    access_time 8y
    Honestly, I highly doubt I'll buy CS:GO in the beginning. I respect Valve as a developer for what they do for their titles post-launch, and their marketing tactics are phenomenal. Unfortunately, they haven't honestly "wowed" me with anything since Left4Dead and Portal -- simply because these were Valve's first unique IP's. Anyways, I rarely play Counter-Strike as it is; let alone FPS games in general (aside from Battlefield). All I do in Counter-Strike anymore is deathrun and surf; so there's nothing in CS:GO for me. I am interested in seeing "official" tweaks to official maps though; not too far outside of seeing the "professional" stance on balancing and reform - it's not like we don't have 1,000+ custom maps adding/removing assets from the original line-up as is. And let's not pretend to be surprised about CS:GO being multi-platform. It will be a primary PC game, with the console gamers being shafted in the long run. Valve has already stated that the game will retain all customizable functions as previous installments (see our interview in the news section). This doesn't make them money hungry, it's just one bold move towards finally putting gamers on the same page instead of segregating depending on platform. Now I'll be able to play CS:GO on my PC with my brother who prefers console, and I don't have to buy two copies - or him buy a laptop in order to enjoy the game together.
    URL to post:
  • Phenixtri avatar
    Phenixtri Joined 11y ago
    1,626 points Ranked 21471st
    15 medals 1 legendary 2 rare
    access_time 8y
    I'm only buying it to review it and see what Valve did and then criticize it since its already giving off bad vibes >> But yea a fair review is all im going to give it and from their ill describe what a next gen CS game should be more or less given the capabilities "game play wise and graphics primarily" of today.
    Oro
    URL to post:
  • shockwave88 avatar
    shockwave88 username pic Joined 10y ago
    6,178 points Ranked 1044th
    10 medals 1 rare
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    access_time 8y
    im getting it yeah
    URL to post:
  • ReapFreak avatar
    ReapFreak username pic Joined 9y ago
    access_time 8y
    i hope i can run it : ( here is my specs : - Intel Quad Core E??? 2.4GHz. - Intel X4500 128mb dedicated VRAM (stock gpu). - 4gb RAM. - 500gb HDD.
    At the end of it all
    URL to post:
  • ITSMEBITCHES avatar
    ITSMEBITCHES Joined 8y ago
    255 points Ranked 52650th
    access_time 8y
    > **Posted by ReapFreak** > i hope i can run it : ( > > here is my specs : > > - Intel Quad Core E??? 2.4GHz. > > - Intel X4500 128mb dedicated VRAM (stock gpu). > > - 4gb RAM. > > - 500gb HDD. wtf your gpu is intel maybe you can run it(maybe) go buy nvidia gts 450 is like $150 dollars is a medium end card you can play crysis 2 on hardcore settings!
    ITS ME BITCH!
    URL to post:
  • Eric avatar
    Eric username pic Joined 8y ago
    not online
    56,076 points Ranked 69th
    28 medals 2 rare
    • 3rd Place - Winter Sprays Contest Medal icon
    • Tooler of the Month, June 2012 Medal icon
    • Sprayer of the Month, August 2013 Medal icon
    • Became a Studio Leader Medal icon
    access_time 8y
    I think I will. But I first have to get a gaming computer. :]
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • sanY avatar
    sanY Joined 11y ago
    1,665 points Ranked 21369th
    9 medals 2 rare
    • 2nd Place - Toy Time Studio Contest Medal icon
    access_time 8y
    what the fuck is wrong with valve? this game has a bigger requirement as battlefield 3 o_O
    • Dumb x 1
    • wtf x 1
    Germanya avatar
    Mantra
    Germanya
    URL to post:
  • Rye avatar
    Rye Joined 11y ago
    6,561 points Ranked 965th
    8 medals 1 rare
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    access_time 8y
    > **Posted by Amen** > > **Posted by Doktor Haus** > > > Nope, I'm saying that if you pay for a game you should **get** the game, not pay for little tidbits of shit you could get here on GB absolutely free. Of course you never **have** to buy any items. > > Before I make my post, sorry if you get an eventlog saying I edited your post. I accidentally did edit instead of reply the first time. > > > Except if you got them here no one else could see them. > The Item store is a great way for them to make money without screwing over gameplay. Plus, here's a big plus of it for customization community. People that make items that Valve decide to put up on the store get part of the money. People have made a good amount of money from this and so have Valve, and they deserve that. > > Also, the opening post on this thread is full of herp and derp. > > Onoes, they are going to let console players play a game too? THOSE FUCKING GREEDY WHORES. How could they let non-pc players play one of their games? Blasphemy I say! > You're a fucking idiot. Well said. At least someone here still stops to think about what's going on. It's also worth mentioning that Valve does a TON of stuff that gets them no direct money, but gets good PR. Giving people free games when there's a steam problem, every single DLC they ever made was free, letting protesters outside their building play DOTA 2... the list goes on. They could have taken the Activision route and made money hand over fist for every single line of code they released, but they didn't.
    Well, maybe the bread. Maybe.
    URL to post:
  • Amen avatar
    access_time 8y
    > **Posted by Rye** > > **Posted by Amen** > > > > **Posted by Doktor Haus** > > > > > Nope, I'm saying that if you pay for a game you should **get** the game, not pay for little tidbits of shit you could get here on GB absolutely free. Of course you never **have** to buy any items. > > > > Before I make my post, sorry if you get an eventlog saying I edited your post. I accidentally did edit instead of reply the first time. > > > > > > Except if you got them here no one else could see them. > > The Item store is a great way for them to make money without screwing over gameplay. Plus, here's a big plus of it for customization community. People that make items that Valve decide to put up on the store get part of the money. People have made a good amount of money from this and so have Valve, and they deserve that. > > > > Also, the opening post on this thread is full of herp and derp. > > > > Onoes, they are going to let console players play a game too? THOSE FUCKING GREEDY WHORES. How could they let non-pc players play one of their games? Blasphemy I say! > > You're a fucking idiot. > > Well said. At least someone here still stops to think about what's going on. It's also worth mentioning that Valve does a TON of stuff that gets them no direct money, but gets good PR. Giving people free games when there's a steam problem, every single DLC they ever made was free, letting protesters outside their building play DOTA 2... the list goes on. They could have taken the Activision route and made money hand over fist for every single line of code they released, but they didn't. Exactly. Plus, as for the specs I don't think anyone needs to worry. Valve always seems to make the most highly optimized games around, in my opinion atleast.
    Eater of Bananas avatar
    Mantra
    Eater of Bananas
    URL to post:
  • ItzAnthraxAR avatar
    ItzAnthraxAR Joined 8y ago
    1,342 points Ranked 22314th
    access_time 8y
    Yeah sure, buy.... http://2qfv4g.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pF1F9OTx2eE3aHCw7Y2af__XxQ0rbWSJ-Gn7Pu8fj-8GipLNsf1ymt2XWTHxDjxcz3Hwh5_ONYo9VN16Emxflow/205695_164571886933680_164571800267022_357170_2193017_n.jpg?psid=1
    Justice.. undefined word. avatar
    Mantra
    Justice.. undefined word.
    URL to post:
  • Colombiangmr avatar
    Colombiangmr username pic Joined 12y ago
    39,134 points Ranked 106th
    access_time 8y
    As a fanboy I have to buy it.
    URL to post:
  • Lucky777 avatar
    Lucky777 Joined 8y ago
    access_time 8y
    i think same requirements as before but better graphix... i will buy it....
    • Dumb x 1
    u kip ur light so shining a li avatar
    Mantra
    u kip ur light so shining a li
    URL to post:
  • ASTFA avatar
    ASTFA Joined 8y ago
    1,704 points Ranked 21278th
    11 medals 1 rare
    • 10 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    access_time 8y
    as long as the asking price isn't ridiculous i'll certainly be getting a copy.
    • wtf x 1
    Ima noob n I help other noobs
    URL to post:
  • Killer329cc avatar
    Killer329cc Joined 12y ago
    3,382 points Ranked 2414th
    9 medals 1 rare
    access_time 8y
    > **Posted by Amen** > > **Posted by Doktor Haus** > > > Nope, I'm saying that if you pay for a game you should **get** the game, not pay for little tidbits of shit you could get here on GB absolutely free. Of course you never **have** to buy any items. > > Before I make my post, sorry if you get an eventlog saying I edited your post. I accidentally did edit instead of reply the first time. > > > Except if you got them here no one else could see them. > The Item store is a great way for them to make money without screwing over gameplay. Plus, here's a big plus of it for customization community. People that make items that Valve decide to put up on the store get part of the money. People have made a good amount of money from this and so have Valve, and they deserve that. > > Also, the opening post on this thread is full of herp and derp. > > Onoes, they are going to let console players play a game too? THOSE FUCKING GREEDY WHORES. How could they let non-pc players play one of their games? Blasphemy I say! > You're a fucking idiot. Agree. Also at least they aren't EA (I know EA doesn't make games just controls the companys) or EA Sports. Their a fucking joke
    Infamous avatar
    Mantra
    Infamous
    URL to post:
  • bugxy14 avatar
    bugxy14 Joined 8y ago
    362 points Ranked 48586th
    access_time 8y
    LOL gts 240? wtf That card can run Crysis 2 in Gamer settings and still get 56-67 fps and 3gb ram? the fuck? And to answer your question.... =NO
    lol
    URL to post:
  • hunterh98 avatar
    hunterh98 Joined 8y ago
    315 points Ranked 50114th
    access_time 8y
    Chubby asses at Valve better get working on Episode 3.
    German Demoknight avatar
    Mantra
    German Demoknight
    URL to post:
  • Stopped avatar
    Stopped Joined 10y ago
    4,801 points Ranked 1395th
    access_time 8y
    No thx i am happy with CS:S
    • wtf x 1
    URL to post:
  • maxcena avatar
    maxcena Joined 10y ago
    612 points Ranked 43805th
    6 medals 1 rare
    • 2 years a member Medal icon
    • 4 years a member Medal icon
    access_time 8y
    I must be the guy with the worst graphic card on GB. HD4350 ~.~ And according to the net, 3870 is approximately 400% more efficient than my card D:
    URL to post:
  • Dinus Saurus avatar
    Dinus Saurus Joined 12y ago
    22,330 points Ranked 229th
    15 medals 1 legendary 3 rare
    access_time 8y
    From start it will be quite buggy I think..there will be lot of updates needed, when it will be worth for...hmmm I guess, 50€, or so...and honestly it wont be so epoch-making chapter in Counter-Strike Story...so I think, I'll wait. Maybe Source Developer Kit and ability to (re)make my maps will force me to purchase...bit later...
    World builder avatar
    Mantra
    World builder
    URL to post:
  • Wildcard777 avatar
    Wildcard777 username pic Joined 13y ago
    16,916 points Ranked 315th
    16 medals 1 legendary 2 rare
    access_time 8y
    > **Posted by Sebhael** > Unfortunately, they haven't honestly "wowed" me with anything since Left4Dead and Portal -- simply because these were Valve's first unique IP's. What, you didn't play Portal 2? It won game of the year at the golden joystick awards. It was amazing. I can not wait for CS:GO and HL2 Ep3. Hope they come in a late announced bundle together :D.
    The Table Runner avatar
    Mantra
    The Table Runner
    URL to post:
  • Decemberklar avatar
    Decemberklar username pic Joined 13y ago
    9,657 points Ranked 604th
    26 medals 1 legendary 6 rare
    • GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2017 Day Eighteen Winner! Medal icon
    access_time 8y
    > **Posted by Wildcard777** > > **Posted by Sebhael** > > > Unfortunately, they haven't honestly "wowed" me with anything since Left4Dead and Portal -- simply because these were Valve's first unique IP's. > > What, you didn't play Portal 2? It won game of the year at the golden joystick awards. It was amazing. > > I can not wait for CS:GO and HL2 Ep3. Hope they come in a late announced bundle together :D. I meant those two series. Though no, I didn't like Portal 2's single player in comparison to the first. I'm not saying it's a bad game though since I've yet to play it's coop.
    URL to post:
  • YellowJello avatar
    YellowJello username pic Joined 15y ago
    Admin
    Jiggling
    Home > Support > Ticket #15798
    97,218 points Ranked 35th
    40 medals 5 legendary 9 rare
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Returned 5000 times Medal icon
    • Achieved Admin clearance Medal icon
    • Reached 75,000 Points Medal icon
    access_time 8y
    Yeah! How dare they expect to make a profit off of their games! Greedy whores!
    Jiggle Jiggle avatar
    Mantra
    Jiggle Jiggle
    URL to post:
  • BrainZ avatar
    BrainZ username pic Joined 12y ago
    16,166 points Ranked 334th
    19 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    access_time 8y
    > **Posted by Sebhael** > > I meant those two series. Though no, I didn't like Portal 2's single player in comparison to the first. I'm not saying it's a bad game though since I've yet to play it's coop. That just sounds like you've played the wrong game.
    gone avatar
    Mantra
    gone
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author