Die-hard fans will already know this, but those who have not played in a while should know the latest patch to the game earlier this year made the northern strike expansion free to all + some new custom maps as well.
The Battlefield 2142 Northern Strike booster pack maps and content are now FREE to play for everyone! The v1.51 update for Battlefield 2142 is now ready for you to download from any of the links below.
Fixes in v1.51:
- Added extra account security fixes
- Added fix for nVidia drivers to solve tinitus visual effect
- Hit detection bug fix: Changed so that latency compensation history takes correct stored positions from buffer
- Updated as_titan_wake.tweak to allow for two attack choppers instead of the one previously allowed
New Features in v1.51:
- Added Operation Blue Pearl by Bjorn Sundell with special thanks to Jason Brice for lightmaps and finishing
- Added Yellow Knife, Molokai and Strike at Karkand 2142 maps made by Jason Brice
- Added support for the Novint Falcon controller
All you need to do is download and install the 1.51 patch (assuming already at V1.50) and re-join the game heh. I'd love to play with some fellow bananites again -- Looking at you BigDog :P
If doing a fresh install, should only need to do these in order:
- [Patch v1.40](http://www.fileplanet.com/218389/210000/fileinfo/Battlefield-2142-Patch-v1.4 "")
- [Patch v1.50](http://www.fileplanet.com/169168/160000/fileinfo/Battlefield-2142-Patch-v1.5 "")
- [Patch v1.51](http://www.fileplanet.com/216229/210000/fileinfo/Battlefield-2142-Patch-v1.51- "")
_Yes, I've played bad console 1 and 2 and have no interest in em. 2142 is still loads more fun, titan is too cool!_
> **Posted by Poux**
> > **Posted by DoctorWaffles**
> > Lets hope DICE will ever re-make BF2142 in the Frostbite engine ;)
> > One of my favorite games.
> Agreed with this. I used to enjoy BF2142 much more than I did to BF2.
I concur, 2142 was more fun
I definitely enjoyed 2142 way more than BF2, simply due to it's RPG'isque unlocks mechanics. Titan mode, while laggy as all hell, was still amazingly fun. All of the weapons felt...fresh, along with the abilities and vehicles.
I just had it installed about a week ago too, but I removed it since i had noone to play with :(
> **Posted by Sebhael**
> I just had it installed about a week ago too, but I removed it since i had noone to play with :(
Exactly the same here. Anyways.. I do believe I remember that the 1.51 patch was released long time ago, unless I am mistaken. If I remember right, that was the reason I installed the game again.