Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

I have teh stds!

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Yep that's true, but today I am more interested in the adware or malware I discover on my computer. Whenever I search in the handy taskbar google search on my Firefox browser, the results all come up normal but when I click on one I'm redirected an almost random webpage, usually one of those shady search sites or a site trying to sell the free software I was searching. Now this only happens the first time I click a link from a search, but it still pretty clucklin annoying, anyone know what this is or how to remove it? I should also add that it doesn't happen when I search straight from google.com Help is grounds for considerable points and penis compensation.

Replies

• Wildcard777 avatar
    Wildcard777 username pic Joined 13y ago
    16,916 points Ranked 315th
    16 medals 1 legendary 2 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 25 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    access_time 8y
    I found this doing an online search. Wonder if you are having the same issue as that guy, if so then try the steps the guy posted on how to fix that.
    The Table Runner avatar
    Mantra
    The Table Runner
    URL to post:
  • Doktor haus avatar
    Doktor haus username pic Joined 9y ago
    Destiny Flag Affiliation: Destiny
    19,731 points Ranked 268th
    26 medals 1 legendary 5 rare
    • Reached 100 subscribers Medal icon
    • 3rd Place - Original Weapons Skinning Contest Medal icon
    • Reached 50 subscribers Medal icon
    • Received thanks 50 times Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    Doktor haus avatar
    Doktor haus
    Destiny Flag
    Affiliation
    Destiny
    access_time 8y
    Ok, most of the time what you should do is go into Internet Options > connections > LAN settings and make sure "automatically detect" is checked, and turn off "use proxy server" and "bypass proxy server". With firefox it's options > advanced > connection > settings and check Use system proxy. Restart your PC in safe mode (which means pressing F8 repeatedly as it starts and selecting safe mode), then run a full virus scan with a good av program. Malwarebytes and Spybot S&D are good recommendations. After that, you should be good to go.
    L4D2 modder avatar
    Mantra
    L4D2 modder
    URL to post:
  • PrAy-N-SpRaY avatar
    PrAy-N-SpRaY Joined 14y ago
    283,252 points Ranked 11th
    13 medals 1 legendary 3 rare
    • Reached 75,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 200,000 Points Medal icon
    access_time 8y
    > **Posted by Doktor Haus** > Ok, most of the time what you should do is go into Internet Options > connections > LAN settings and make sure "automatically detect" is checked, and turn off "use proxy server" and "bypass proxy server". > > With firefox it's options > advanced > connection > settings and check Use system proxy. > > Restart your PC in safe mode (which means pressing F8 repeatedly as it starts and selecting safe mode), then run a full virus scan with a good av program. Malwarebytes and Spybot S&D are good recommendations. After that, you should be good to go. Thanks for the help, but use system proxy is already checked, I have avg and spybot and neither has found anything.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haxorfox avatar
    Haxorfox username pic Joined 12y ago
    14,200 points Ranked 396th
    14 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    access_time 8y
    Delete toolbar. Firefox has own built-in search. You can do this in Extensions which is somewhere in settings. Which version of Firefox you are running by the way? (Or am I reading your thread wrong?) Also, change crappy AVG away to something else. If you are running legit Windows Vista/7, I'd recommend Microsoft Security Essentials. If not or you are using XP, I guess Avast is good one. EDIT: Scan your computer using Malwarebytes if you haven't done that already.
    Greetings avatar
    Mantra
    Greetings
    URL to post:
  • Doktor haus avatar
    Doktor haus username pic Joined 9y ago
    Destiny Flag Affiliation: Destiny
    19,731 points Ranked 268th
    26 medals 1 legendary 5 rare
    • Reached 100 subscribers Medal icon
    • 3rd Place - Original Weapons Skinning Contest Medal icon
    • Reached 50 subscribers Medal icon
    • Received thanks 50 times Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    Doktor haus avatar
    Doktor haus
    Destiny Flag
    Affiliation
    Destiny
    access_time 8y
    > **Posted by PrAy-N-SpRaY** > > **Posted by Doktor Haus** > > > Ok, most of the time what you should do is go into Internet Options > connections > LAN settings and make sure "automatically detect" is checked, and turn off "use proxy server" and "bypass proxy server". > > > > With firefox it's options > advanced > connection > settings and check Use system proxy. > > > > Restart your PC in safe mode (which means pressing F8 repeatedly as it starts and selecting safe mode), then run a full virus scan with a good av program. Malwarebytes and Spybot S&D are good recommendations. After that, you should be good to go. > > Thanks for the help, but use system proxy is already checked, I have avg and spybot and neither has found anything. Even if Firefox is that way, IE still effects the way you connect to the intornets. And have you scanned in _safe mode_? Like yellow tie there says, Malwarebytes Antimalware is recommended.
    L4D2 modder avatar
    Mantra
    L4D2 modder
    URL to post:
  • PrAy-N-SpRaY avatar
    PrAy-N-SpRaY Joined 14y ago
    283,252 points Ranked 11th
    13 medals 1 legendary 3 rare
    • Reached 75,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 200,000 Points Medal icon
    access_time 8y
    > **Posted by Haxorfox** > Firefox has own built-in search. That's what I'm talking about. I should have the latest verizon of FF
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haxorfox avatar
    access_time 8y
    > **Posted by Doktor Haus** > > **Posted by PrAy-N-SpRaY** > > > > **Posted by Doktor Haus** > > > > > Ok, most of the time what you should do is go into Internet Options > connections > LAN settings and make sure "automatically detect" is checked, and turn off "use proxy server" and "bypass proxy server". > > > > > > With firefox it's options > advanced > connection > settings and check Use system proxy. > > > > > > Restart your PC in safe mode (which means pressing F8 repeatedly as it starts and selecting safe mode), then run a full virus scan with a good av program. Malwarebytes and Spybot S&D are good recommendations. After that, you should be good to go. > > > > Thanks for the help, but use system proxy is already checked, I have avg and spybot and neither has found anything. > > Even if Firefox is that way, IE still effects the way you connect to the intornets. And have you scanned in _safe mode_? Like yellow tie there says, Malwarebytes Antimalware is recommended. You really don't always have to boot in safe mode. Booting to safe mode is mostly on cases where you have lost control of your computer.
    Greetings avatar
    Mantra
    Greetings
    URL to post:
  • Haxorfox avatar
    access_time 8y
    > **Posted by PrAy-N-SpRaY** > > **Posted by Haxorfox** > > > Firefox has own built-in search. > > That's what I'm talking about. I should have the latest verizon of FF Check your Extensions and plug-ins you have activate on Firefox. You could also try reinstalling.
    Greetings avatar
    Mantra
    Greetings
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author