Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Poll

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

I am thinking of changing the way HLamp receives commands from Half-Life. The new method would cause Half-Life to crash if Winamp was closed while playing the game. The question is: Would this affect you in any way? Click here to vote (must be registered) As for news on HLamp 1.40, it looks like the new display method is not going to be implemented because it can sometimes disconnect you from the server. This may be something to do with the VAC, or it may be a problem with the way I implemented it. Either way, it's not going to be in there. Sorry, folks.

Replies

• Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    19 medals 4 legendary 6 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 16y
    I think it's a minor sacrifice to keep winamp on during play if it helps other people's boxes to be more stable. Besides, if you don't want to listen to a song then u can just pause winamp. One doesn't need to shut it down... and I for one can't believe that memory winamp uses would be an issue since the amount consumed is binine. Just mho ofcourse.
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Disk2 avatar
    Disk2 Joined 17y ago
    723 points Ranked 42613rd
    access_time 16y
    I forgot to mention that using the new method would probably prevent most of the crashing problems people have...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Mr. Satan avatar
    Mr. Satan Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    HLamp already does make Half-Life crash if I change the settings in-game or close WinAmp in-game :roll:
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Disk2 avatar
Disk2 Joined 17y ago