Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Help: Cubemaps - A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

Need help with cubemaps // CSS/Hammer

Hey guys :) i have now another Problem with my map. The cubemaps arent working :( i place them above the brush(eye height) and pick them. But in Css the brush doesnt reflect.... I already tried buildcupemaps. Maybe some1 can create a simple hammer map with working cubemaps? thnx for any Help :)
  • Carma avatar
    Carma Joined 11y ago
    5,894 points Ranked 1,516th
    11y
    You have lots in my chancellery. Try decompiling it. But, you will get nothing with example map. You must make them your self, sorry. Also, cubemaps don't work on some materials. Are you using the default counter strike source textures, or you're using some custom?
    Banned
    URL to post:
  • Carma avatar
    Carma Joined 11y ago
    5,894 points Ranked 1,516th
    11y
    URL to post:
  • BrainZ avatar
    BrainZ username pic Joined 15y ago
    16,694 points Ranked 443rd
    27 medals 1 legendary 5 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 5 Tools Medal icon
    • Submitted 15 Mods Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Mods Medal icon
    11y
    Someone recently had an issue with creating cubemaps, nothing seemed to happen after buildcubemaps'. The solution was making sure the 'maps' folder is not set to Read-Only. Try that.
    gone avatar
    Mantra
    gone
    URL to post:
  • Devieus avatar
    Devieus username pic Joined 11y ago
    110,989 points Ranked 27th
    79 medals 8 legendary 17 rare
    • 1st Place - Tutorial Contest Medal icon
    • 15+ Entries! GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2015 Medal icon
    • Returned 5000 times Medal icon
    • 15+ Entries! GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2016 Medal icon
    • 2017 Top Contributor Medal icon
    • 15+ Entries! GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2017 Medal icon
    11y
    > **Posted by BrainZ** > > Someone recently had an issue with creating cubemaps, nothing seemed to happen after buildcubemaps'. The solution was making sure the 'maps' folder is not set to Read-Only. Try that. This needs to be pinned, or we're going to have to tell everyone with Win7 to do this. Though pinning isn't really worth a damn here, maybe a feature might be better instead.
    Sentinel of the TV remote avatar
    Mantra
    Sentinel of the TV remote
    URL to post: