Mac Steam CS:S Missing Map Error

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

Members see zero ads. Membership is 100% free

Help this poor soul fix the Missing Map Error

Hello all, I am looking to solve the infamous �Missing Map� error. I am running a CS:S through Steam on my Mac. So far, not too many issues, except for this missing map problem. Here�s what I have tried so far�. 1) Console Commands: (Failed) > cl_allowupload 1 > cl_alldownload 1 > cl_downloadfilter nosounds/all (both options don�t work) > net_maxfilesize 64 (I have no idea if that is a good number, other people use it) I believe sv_downloadurl is only for people who are �hosting� servers, please correct me if I am wrong. Side question, do the console settings reset themselves after I close CS:S and Steam or do those settings remain even after shutdown? 2) File Clean-Up: (Failed) > Deleted cstrike/cache folder > Deleted cstrike/download folder 3) In-Game Settings: (Failed) > Options � Multiplayer � select �all custom files from server� 4) Manual Map Install (only method that sometimes works) > Choose a server that I want to play in- Memorize name of map currently being played in server- Minimize game- search web for example_map.zip- download example_map.zip- drag example_map.bzp and example_map.nav into cstrike/maps folder- maximize game- rejoin server- game on! If you thought reading those steps were annoying to read then try doing that every time the server that you want to play in changes maps! Those are the methods that I have tried with limited success. I am mentally preparing myself to reinstall CS:S and Steam. If I do this, what type of unintended consequences should I expect? Am I going to lose any important information? Will I be forced to purchase CS:S and other Steam games again? I have seen many many many forums regarding this problem. I have compiled and attempted all reasonable solutions here. Please inform me of any fixes. Thanks to all
  • Logan Dougall avatar
    Logan Dougall username pic Joined 13y ago
    Admin
    Half Life Storm Flag Affiliation: Half Life Storm
    20,136 points Ranked 246th
    40 medals 3 legendary 9 rare
    • Achieved Admin clearance Medal icon
    • 500 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 50 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 100 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 200 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    Logan Dougall avatar
    Logan Dougall
    Half Life Storm Flag
    Affiliation
    Half Life Storm
    Admin
    8y
    These didn't work?? - cl\_allowdownload 1 - cl\_downloadfilter all net\_maxfilesize is used for servers, if the server isn't running a high number (64mb is generally enough) command it won't transfer large map files to clients - FNF Errors will happen. Other causes for missing map errors is if the server itself is running a fastdownload server and didn't place the map on the webserver - or has the wrong url (sv\_downloadurl). Is it just the one server or every server you have this problem with? Minor things I don't think have happened before but can check: write permissions for the application folders where the maps etc go, Or, firewall settings (doubtful). Hopefully it's not a Mac issue :( -------------------------------------------------- Re-installing steam/CS:S will not lose any of your info so long as you can remember your username/password :D You can log in anywhere with that and be able to install all your games.
    Structural Designer / Dad :)
    URL to post:

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Guest avatar
Guest Joined 14y ago
17 medals 4 legendary 5 rare