First Black Ops Montage

A Forum Thread for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Yo, buddy. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending -PuRe-Noob points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Join the community!

Already a Bananite? Login

Hey guys,I just want you guys to check out my first montage. Please tell me what to improve on too.

• 7y
    Drown avatar
    Drown Online
    Member Joined 7y
    9,797 points Ranked 451st
    24 medals 3 rare
    • 3rd Place - Size Matters Skinning Contest Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 5 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    Ill give you some feedback:

The Style of the video
    I liked the style of the video most of the time. The map introductions are quite nice even if you skip them to the end of the video. Those "intro" sequences are kind of cool to make the montage structured and easy to follow. But there are some bad transitions as well, I'll take the one at 2.13 as an example, it does not fit the rest of the video and looks too cheap imo. The analyzation sequence at 1.53 I think is cool BUT it is not necessary, it seems like it's in the video for the sake of having an effect like that in it. Sometimes less is more.

The Footage
    I must admit that I am not a huge fan of Black Ops, having seen this video I remember why: there are like 10 kills where you are in front of a group of enemies just randomly shooting one by one getting a triple kill. This is not the kind of kill I want to see in a montage, I want to see some extraordinary kills that show me how good you really are. Therefore I really like most of your sniper scenes since sniping isnt that easy in BO as it was in MW2. Nice.

The Tomahawk kill is great as well as long it is not staged or somehting like that. Anyways, its great but the presentation of it is kind of messed up. You show first person view and then skip to the world view, showing how the enemy gets hit. But then I expected the unfinished first person view to be finished by showing how you get the poinbts for the kill but you simply skip that. That's a bummer I think because it would have closed that Tomahawk scene.

The sound
    The sound is fitting, the songs in the montage are not the kind of music I like but they are good for a video like that. Only thing that disturbs this are the "Youve been a naugthy boy" vocals at 3.34 and 4.47 I think. WTF?! they sound ridiculous imo. And another thing is the song in the credits, I dont want to be too harsh but it IS kinda...well...gay. Anyways , thats totally okay.

Structure
    Your video is well structured most of the time but you should have kept this "map intro" everytime oyu cahnge a map. YOu skip it going to the end of the video. If you make another montage, trying to keep your style and structure during the video.

I hope this helps.
    In 4 teh grils. avatar
    Mantra
    In 4 teh grils.
  • 7y
    -PuRe-Noob avatar
    -PuRe-Noob Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Hey thanks for the feedback.

By the way, I did not skip the intro. In the real game, the distance from the place he started running to the door wasn't really far.
    After the he ran up the stairs, you can immediately see that door at the end.

The transition at 2:13 wasn't actually a transition it was a negative effect. It turns out well when I was editing it but after I render the video have no idea why it turned out like that.

I was also annoyed by the vocals too but my attempt on removing it failed. The whole song sounded weird after I removed the vocals.

Once again thanks for the feedback, I will keep it in mind when I am editing my future montage(s). It were really helpful.

I am a Super Bananite. avatar
    Mantra
    I am a Super Bananite.
  • 7y
    Drown avatar
    Drown Online
    Member Joined 7y
    9,797 points Ranked 451st
    24 medals 3 rare
    • 3rd Place - Size Matters Skinning Contest Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 5 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    Hi again

I wasn't really talking about the guy running through the door. At the beginning you introduced each map by showing a world view. F.E you showed the sniper lying on the platform or you showed some buildings on the map but you did not make that the whole video, you did not introduce "havana" for example like that.

Well It is an effect that transists two scenes so it is a transition, but it does not matter, it does not look that great but you have seen this as well, so it is okay.

Dude don't get me wrong, it is a really nice montage, way better than loads of montages on youtube but these are some details you might want to improve. keep going !
    In 4 teh grils. avatar
    Mantra
    In 4 teh grils.
  • 7y
    -PuRe-Noob avatar
    -PuRe-Noob Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Haha I have nothing against your feedback :D. I was just explaining about the errors.
    Mantra
    I am a Super Bananite.
  • 7y
    Scouts avatar
    Scouts Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    2,044 points Ranked 2316th
    9 medals 1 rare
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    Scouts Cooking Expert
    Some good kill streaks but the kills themselves are sloppy. Yeah you get triple kills and lucky frag kills but you spray, miss and have probably played loads of rounds and just gone OOOO I got 7 kills look at this! When you get a triple kill with a single sniper shot or jumping from a window then come back. It may just be I've just seen so many frag videos that I expect brilliance.
    Bane Of The Banana avatar
    Mantra
    Bane Of The Banana
  • 7y
    Dr. Whoop DSc avatar
    Member Joined 9y
    35,274 points Ranked 116th
    Why do the people you sniped at die when you clearly missed them? o0
    & I second what scouts said. Seems everything you did in that video would just happen to anyone if you played for long enough.
  • 7y
    -PuRe-Noob avatar
    -PuRe-Noob Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    It was actually the theater mode lag.
    Mantra
    I am a Super Bananite.
  • 7y
    Scouts avatar
    Scouts Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    2,044 points Ranked 2316th
    9 medals 1 rare
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    Scouts Cooking Expert
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c8HGUFrTfk&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXsPS1Cgri4&feature=channel
    Bane Of The Banana avatar
    Mantra
    Bane Of The Banana
  • 7y
    Sarkdog avatar
    Sarkdog Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    8,719 points Ranked 507th
    Team deathmatch is easy.
    The vid style is ok but the font's and graphics used are really bad.
    Hard edged fonts are ugly. The first song is nice but the second doesn't fit.
    IMA FIRE FLAME SPITTA

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

-PuRe-Noob avatar
-PuRe-Noob Offline
Member Joined 9y