Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Pride in what we do?

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Ok guys I have a question for ya. I am a firefighter in the air force and I do my part for our country. It is hard to get a true grasp on how people feel about our military. All I have heard is these damn actors that nobody fukin asked how they felt baggin on what we do. ITS NOT ALL POLLITICAL some times there really is a reason why we do what we do other than money. Any way I wont go off just let me know any thing you feel about the military. :m4: ? or :mad:

Replies

• throstur avatar
    throstur Joined 16y ago
    1,792 points Ranked 21073rd
    8 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    access_time 16y
    i guess that is now bye! :m4: me
    Completely Bananas! avatar
    Mantra
    Completely Bananas!
    URL to post:
  • VaNiSh avatar
    VaNiSh Joined 16y ago
    342 points Ranked 49111th
    access_time 16y
    Is that all?
    www.buddahtribe.net
    URL to post:
  • VaNiSh avatar
    VaNiSh Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    thanks for your points nahasa. Your arguments are worth while and valid to a large group of people. Diversity is what makes all this work.
    www.buddahtribe.net
    URL to post:
  • hens not funny avatar
    hens not funny Joined 17y ago
    856 points Ranked 41615th
    access_time 16y
    bah! excuse me. hehe i made my point a bit long and hard 2 understand. my bad. my point was that killing any number of people was not necessary. if uve ever heard of ghandi's teachings you'll understand what im talking about. now im saying that its not your fault. its not the military's fault. its not the bush administrations fault. but its our society's fault. our society is so used to this violence that we think that its reliable in any kind of situation. if we were able to just talk to each other, i wouldnt think that there would be the amount of people killed dead right now would htere be? this is one of ghandi's teachings. violence is not the answer to things, yet we just have to use it because we can't control ourselves. and if we throw away this war, then why not think of john lennon's "All we need is love!" our society would be so much better wouldnt it be. even for you, if we didn't have this war, we wouldnt have american soldiers dieing for their country! we wouldnt have accidental civilians deaths! we wouldnt have those "coward iraqi soldiers (as maverick calls them)" getting blown up!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Ch1cKeN avatar
    Ch1cKeN Joined 17y ago
    3,513 points Ranked 2278th
    access_time 16y
    um which one of us are you talking to? me or nahasa. i dont watch tv. and chillax man just be glad that its over. nahasa just leave the guy alone, cant you see that hes just trying to express his opnion here, we dont need to get into a swearing debate, its bad enough that we have to debate about where PEOPLE HAVE BEEN KILLED. HENCE PEOPLE, NOT U.S. NOT IRAQ, JUST EVERYONE CHILLAX! and by the way. Canadians have crap beer, those comercials, WRONG WRONG WRONG!
    Classics Spammer
    URL to post:
  • VaNiSh avatar
    VaNiSh Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    OK I can see that yelling will not accomplish anything here because you haven't the foggiest clue about what is goin on and thats alright you are canadian. First question were you there in Iraq? NO you were not, I was! Second question, Do you believe everything you see in the media? And to answer your question the air force has forward ground troops who secure air fields and counter snipe, hence my career. I think that it is sorry that people form thier opinions based on what other PEOPLE say and dont really try and find the truth for them selfs. You said your self that your numbers were off and thats sad that you would post that crap with no back ground on the info. Do your self a favor and educate your self before you open your face again :). quote: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- SADAM WAS A THREAT TO AMERICA THAT HAD TO BE DELT WITH! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Your quote: you shouldnt have said that...anyone could have easily said "bush was a great threat to Iraq and must be dealt with" Seriously man do you truly think that we had nothing better to do than push some third world country around? And how the fuk is liberating a country from a horrid leader hurting iraqi people? I am so passionate about this subject because I know men and women who lost thier lives over this cause and thier familys will never be the same. Winston Churchill once said " All that evil needs to succede is for good men to stand idly by". I did my part and risked my life so that Iraqi women can vote, So that Iraqi men can believe what religon they want, So that 1% of the population dosent have 99.9% of the wealth. And mabey you guys are right we should stay to our self and not help out other countrys if this is the **** that we recieve when we do our best to help others. I just want people to think for them selfs and not believe that Bush has no clue ( I have never met a millitary pilot who was not intellegent) because CNN says so. Please take my words into account and dont think that I dont respect your opinions I am just passionate about this. VaNiSh
    www.buddahtribe.net
    URL to post:
  • hens not funny avatar
    access_time 16y
    booya go ch1cken. show that big husky man our canadian...ness. btw how did u see the warheads if ur in the air force? just curious cuz i dont know much about military stuff hehe.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Ch1cKeN avatar
    Ch1cKeN Joined 17y ago
    3,513 points Ranked 2278th
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by VaNiSh . Any way I wont go off just let me know any thing you feel about the military.
    so if we say the military is ghey, then you will yell at us.... seems like the thing everyones doin. well as for my opnion, i dun like war,but that doenst mean i have to care about it. and personally, if ther's one, then pfft, their problem. as long as it doesnt effect me, i'm happy. still, this "war" why are we doin it again? why was it on? what? to stop sadam's regin? anyway your army do what you want, as long as you dont take over the world i'm happy, i dont support you, i never will, but i also wont support any charities, and i never will..... unless they benefit me. hehe woot. just be happy thats it over and that you dont quite need to worry about it until its over and stop ur complainin. be proud of the country you serve, but dont convince others to be the same, thats called propaganda.... i think. anyway good luck with whatever. and yes i bielve that george should take his head out of his *** and see with clear eyes, metaphoricially speaking of corse. by the way i'm Canadian, and dont you start flaming about the Canadians not supporting the war, our prime minister, as old as he is. lol is just doing what he thinks is best for our country. and stop pickin on Nahasa, he needs to take his medication, don't you Nahasa? thats right you do. anyway peace out. P.S also i would take this time to say that i miss you all and that i want out of Edmonton as soon as possible!!! peace out. Ch1cKeN ::EDIT:: um nahasa, Monkey Lord said that. ::EDIT2:: wait sorry i'm readin the wrong thing sorry /me smacks forehead
    Classics Spammer
    URL to post:
  • hens not funny avatar
    access_time 16y
    i know for a fact that ther definately wernt 4 iraqi soldiers killed. prolly alot more. i jus found some random source for that. but im positive that thousands of civilians were killed. so ur in a country, suddenly another random country comes and invades u creating death showers from the sky and raids on the ground. o dear, wat should you do now. perhaps we can all use our super powers against these death showers and boom there wont be thousands of us killed. wat a great solution. and wat about the iraqi museum? i wonder why they just had 2 blow it up...i wonder...and heres something to try for u. during a war, go to the attacked country and become a citizen there. be loyal to that country and support it. and see how you would feel about wat happens. you sure would hope that there would be memorials and all that now wouldnt you?
    Your bull shat is offensive to millitary memebers who risked thier lives over there.
    i wonder wuts more bullsh*t...offensive to millitary members who risked their lives over ther? or offensive to the relatives of those of the thousands who died out ther. including british, and american troops. wat im sayin here is not that im supporting Iraq, because i absolutely not. I support peace. I support the fact that this war was not necessary. ::EDIT::
    Fuk off and dont ever tell us what you think!
    woa now thats a bit crossin the line now is it...a bit like a wats his face...hitler...sort of like sayin we have the rite to do watever we want in this world. perhaps im exadurating...but u sort of get the idea now dont u. i think u should rephrase that a bit... ::EDIT2::
    and of course we killed more because we are better plain and simple
    uh maverick? i dont think that the US is tryin to prove that point...i think theyre sayin that they didnt kill much at all and it was all acidents ::EDIT3:: (keekekek >_<) special message from ch1cken to vanish: the chicken dun like the war and that bush needs to get his head out of his *** by the way. so ur in the military rite? cuz thats nice. would u like a cookie? well see my point here is...i met lots of ppl in the military and no one cares... ::EDIT4:: (go me!) and im cool with the military by the way. im with nemesis, i just hate the ones who control them. but if i was in the military and i was forced to follow orders like these, i would rather disobey and get kicked out and punished. ::EDIT5:: (booya my record!)
    SADAM WAS A THREAT TO AMERICA THAT HAD TO BE DELT WITH!
    you shouldnt have said that...anyone could have easily said "bush was a great threat to Iraq and must be dealt with"
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • VaNiSh avatar
    VaNiSh Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    wow Nahasa you are proof of prople who will believe what they hear. You truly belive that we only killed 4 iraqi soldiers you are full of shat! I witnessed a troop carrier full of iraqi soldiers blown to farkin pieces with at least 17 iraqis inside it. Your numbers are a display of ignorance! We took rediculious time in not killing civi's and continually let them approach our gates for help. We reached out to this god damn country and sacrificed our lives for thier freedom! Your bull shat is offensive to millitary memebers who risked thier lives over there. The british troops were some of the nicest people I have ever met and they were with us every foot of the way. I truly respect UKs decision to support us even though crappy *** countrys like france didnt want to because they had trade with iraq. You know what!? To hell with all of your ****ty countrys that dont stand up for good! Fuk off and dont ever tell us what you think! Oh yeah and pay back the debt that you owe or country for keeping your ****ty *** economy alive!
    www.buddahtribe.net
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    19 medals 4 legendary 6 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 16y
    no ur nto illiterate nahasa but slightly blind. those facrs are utter bull****, thousands of civilians killed is a lie. the cowardice of teh iraqi soldiers clother in civilian clothes because the pussys had no chance other wise, those are probably in the civilians killed. most of the civilians killed were NOT civilians tehy were chicken **** pussy iraqis that fight dirty and of course we killed more because we are better plain and simple
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • hens not funny avatar
    access_time 16y
    War... British Soldiers killed: 30 American Soldiers Killed: 96 American Soldiers Missing: 10 American Soldiers Injured: 155 Iraqi Soldiers Killed: 4 Iraqi Civilians Killed: 1252 Iraqi Civilians Injured: 5103 American Prisoners By Iraqi Side: 7 Iraqi Prisoners By American Side: 6500 So it's a war that will protect people from nuclear weapons? But I thought a war harms alot of people. I don't seem to understand that...am I iliterate? A necessary and supportable war? I'm afraid not...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 16y
    now i know that ur talk about american troops but it aint just the americans out there. we have british soldiers out there to. i whole heartedly support them for what they are doing because as youve said weve helped the country a helll of alot. its obvious he moved most of his **** elsewhere. who would be stupid enough to leave it? i dont normally post in here but i did today because its sumthin ive always felt strong about.
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • VaNiSh avatar
    VaNiSh Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    yep it is
    www.buddahtribe.net
    URL to post:
  • VaNiSh avatar
    VaNiSh Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    I am guessing that thats all?
    www.buddahtribe.net
    URL to post:
  • VaNiSh avatar
    VaNiSh Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    have you ever heard of eod? Its called explosive ordinance desposal, thats where they went. They also showed pics on the news of some of the exact batch of war heads i was talking about. One more thing india, pakistan, and afganistan were all harboring criminals of war as well as womd from our original attack. DO any of you think for a second that sadam didn't know we were coming? Mabey he moved his ****? He knew he wouldn't achieve a milllitary victory so why not go for a political one? these are all reasons that we didnt see the huge amount of womd that we were all expecting.
    www.buddahtribe.net
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 16y
    i will always support the troops because they have protected our nation!:) Keep up the good work TOOPS! YOU GO TROOPS We are counting on you:).
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • mun avatar
    mun Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    ohhhhh....what they do with them?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • VaNiSh avatar
    VaNiSh Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    WE DID FIND WOMD! I tried to tell you that we must have found in one spot over 12 mega tons of war heads capable of delivering chem warfare (mostly nerve agents) as well as traces of te chemicals inside the war heads! I saw many of these with my own eyes
    www.buddahtribe.net
    URL to post:
  • PrinsFoo avatar
    PrinsFoo Joined 17y ago
    345 points Ranked 49026th
    access_time 16y
    I supported and still support our troops. I support the war. The tricky thing is I don’t support the reasons for the war. If it was to remove Saddam and his ways then I agree. He was awful. But in the same sense North Korea is awful. The difference is we claimed weapons of mass destruction and none showed up. This was poor planning and poor coordination. The scary part is even with poor reasons I think Pres. Bush will be reelected. I just wish we had gone for the right reasons from the start. Welcome to the boards by the way. :) we need more debate people.
    Leader of the lemmings! avatar
    Mantra
    Leader of the lemmings!
    URL to post:
  • VaNiSh avatar
    VaNiSh Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    true dat
    www.buddahtribe.net
    URL to post:
  • mun avatar
    mun Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    I think all the info we get from the media is just a part of the ultimate propaganda. I mean its really pretty sick to think that the government is lying to keep citizens in line and happy. VaNiSh- What do you mean by what truely happened? Did you see anything to feel this way? to answer your question, i hold great pride in our military and uniformed servicemen. the people who control the military are the ones to dislike. I'd really like to know what is really going on over there. If you dont mind i'd like read a response bout it.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • nemes1s avatar
    nemes1s Joined 17y ago
    364 points Ranked 48434th
    access_time 16y
    Dont worry people will reply to this topic sooner or later, I did support it at first but then i thought of all the innocents that are going to die from both sides, around 60 US soldiers have died because of 'accidents'. Accidents my *** .. And so far the WOMD are no where to be found, Heh .. Well atleast Bush will certainly most not be elected in the comming years.
    Just keepin' it fresh.
    URL to post:
  • VaNiSh avatar
    VaNiSh Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    wow I guess this sums it up 4 days on the forum and 3 responses. well thanks guys
    www.buddahtribe.net
    URL to post:
  • VaNiSh avatar
    VaNiSh Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    in what areas? All I can say is that there is always more under the surface then you think. Please don't allow your self to believe what the media gives you as the base line. If we killed sadam do you believe that you would know? The last thing that I want to see is another vietnam because of lack of true info. There are honest men and women dying every day so that we can enjoy this shat. I just wanted to know if people supported us or not.
    www.buddahtribe.net
    URL to post:
  • nemes1s avatar
    nemes1s Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Well, Can you share of what you know with us ? Cause im really interested.
    Just keepin' it fresh.
    URL to post:
  • VaNiSh avatar
    VaNiSh Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    does any one believe that they truly know what happened over there? I was there I saw it and I know whats really behind a lot of this. I mean do you think that what the news tells you is just how it is?
    www.buddahtribe.net
    URL to post:
  • nemes1s avatar
    nemes1s Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Im proud of the troops, Even though the war wasnt neccessary, They had to obey orders.
    Just keepin' it fresh.
    URL to post:
  • monkonaut avatar
    monkonaut Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Tha military is cool. Those who control them are not.
    SELL SELL FOOKING SELL
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

VaNiSh avatar
VaNiSh Joined 16y ago